Marshmallow fluff!

AuthorMessage
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
June 22nd, 2006 at 09:19am
Kitti:
Guys, if you can't stop laughing and get a debate going soon, I'm going to have to lock this for being too funny to debate...and that will make me reeeallly sad.

And the fluff too ;_;

You don't want to make him cry, do you?
Noooooooooo.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
June 22nd, 2006 at 11:55am
Kitti:
Guys, if you can't stop laughing and get a debate going soon, I'm going to have to lock this for being too funny to debate...and that will make me reeeallly sad.

ok onto a serious note i totally agree school meals should be more healthy, there should be a bigger selection of FRESH salad vegetables and fruit, also the children should have a choice of juice, i know in my sons school they have three healthy meals a week, for example on Monday they have Fresh green leaf salad with cheese (which believe it or not the kiddies just love) anf juice for after choice of apple, pear or orange, Wednesday they have rice and chicken, with fruit salad for after with again choice of juices, and on friday they have museli bars with apple juice and salad with ham for main meal again with choice of juices for drinks, and the other two days they will ahve things like beans and chip or pizza and chip (but i will admit that my boy will have a packed lunch on those days with pasta salad and fruit and fruit juice he has ADHD so diet is really important to us) but during the day they get fruit and vegetable snacks, so it is hoped that when the kids go home the perants will also promote healthy meals, my child will only have sweets 2/3 times a week, and i definalty DO NOT cook chips, i think that the healthy meals in school programme is a really good idea. and i hope that perants carry it on at home aswell, also keep the MCcdonalds and Byrger Kings to a minimum.

i didnt mean to laugh first of all but marshmallow fluff, kids need a choice even if someitmes we disagree with that choice, and anyway kids need sugar.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
June 22nd, 2006 at 12:05pm
Magne:
i didnt mean to laugh first of all but marshmallow fluff, kids need a choice even if someitmes we disagree with that choice, and anyway kids need sugar.
I expected it for the first page or so, I just want the topic to stay on track, be more useful posts than spam so we can get some dicussion going.

I wish my school had the same lunch program as the one your children are fortunate enough to have.
Here, they serve the same thing over and over when it was never healthy to begin with.
There are a lot of vegetarians in my school and no vegetarian options in school lunches. All the wilted little salads contain ham or something, and what's worse is they're WILTED and we still have to pay nearly two dollars for them. They raise lunch prices but they aren't raising the quality of the food. Now, we're in high school and we know a little about economics and we're a bit pissed off about this. We know what we're eating and most of us don't want to touch it with a ten foot pole it's so bad. So I'm pretty pro-legislation for this. I'd pay $2 for a lunch that was made with reasonably fresh ingredients and wasn't served for three weeks straight. I'd pay more than that for it. But I'm careful about what's going into my body, especially knowing what's in some of these foods they serve. And what we're being served now is very nearly unlawful.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 22nd, 2006 at 12:11pm
Kitti:
Magne:
I expected it for the first page or so, I just want the topic to stay on track, be more useful posts than spam so we can get some dicussion going.

I wish my school had the same lunch program as the one your children are fortunate enough to have.
Here, they serve the same thing over and over when it was never healthy to begin with.
There are a lot of vegetarians in my school and no vegetarian options in school lunches. All the wilted little salads contain ham or something, and what's worse is they're WILTED and we still have to pay nearly two dollars for them. They raise lunch prices but they aren't raising the quality of the food. Now, we're in high school and we know a little about economics and we're a bit pissed off about this. We know what we're eating and most of us don't want to touch it with a ten foot pole it's so bad. So I'm pretty pro-legislation for this. I'd pay $2 for a lunch that was made with reasonably fresh ingredients and wasn't served for three weeks straight. I'd pay more than that for it. But I'm careful about what's going into my body, especially knowing what's in some of these foods they serve. And what we're being served now is very nearly unlawful.

my kids school always have vegetarian alternatives when the main meal has meat, but sometimes the main meas dont have any meat at all so both sets of people win, your vegatable at your aschool are WILTED?? Sorry but EWWW thats bad, i would get a group of children your year and write a petition to teh school head teacher, outlining that school meals are suppose to be healthy or there should be a healthy allternative. with all the fresh fruit and veg my kids get that doesnt mean that i never let them have byrgers because they do SOMTIMES!!
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
June 22nd, 2006 at 01:52pm
my school is unhealthy they serve greasy pizza hut, and ice cream,cookies at and baked chips and healthy drinks wow so many healthy choices

at the other cafeteria is just plain icky food and no vegetarian selections except for burnt grilled cheese sandwiches or dry beans and cheese burritos there are a handful of vegetarians at my school
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 22nd, 2006 at 02:00pm
strummer92:
my school is unhealthy they serve greasy pizza hut, and ice cream,cookies at and baked chips and healthy drinks wow so many healthy choices

at the other cafeteria is just plain icky food and no vegetarian selections except for burnt grilled cheese sandwiches or dry beans and cheese burritos there are a handful of vegetarians at my school

eyuk!! i couldnt live without salad and veg
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
June 22nd, 2006 at 02:16pm
O_______________o what the.... lmfao
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
June 22nd, 2006 at 03:47pm
Magne:
strummer92:

eyuk!! i couldnt live without salad and veg

they have salads but they are all dry and nasty
i hate my school when it comes to food and the locker rooms
wheels-and-dolls-baby
Geek
wheels-and-dolls-baby
June 22nd, 2006 at 03:59pm
"He loves Fluff as much as the next legislator," aide Colin Durrant said. ................................ok

My school is actually quite healthy compared to some other schools in the area, except everyone still always buys chips at lunch on matter how much we have to be lectured about eating healthier, saying that, I don't think I'm particularyl unhealthy, probably quite balanced, I like sald tohugh with salad dressing and spring onions, cucumber...
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 22nd, 2006 at 05:49pm
My school banned Salt and salty food because of Missouri laws.
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda

Mibba
June 22nd, 2006 at 06:08pm
At my school all of the "fast food" choices are basically fake. The hamburger buns are made of tofu and the "meat" itself is soy. They taste absolutely disgusting. Perhaps this stuff is healthier, but I don't see how a bit of meat is harmful to begin with. Last time I checked, bread was healthy. Meat has protein in it.

The rest of the food at my school isn't too good either. I personally think school lunches are ridiculous nowadays.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 23rd, 2006 at 11:19am
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Salt? they banned salt?
How is that possible?. Almost every kind of food contains salt, plus it can be good for you and is essential for part of your diet.
Kitti
Kitti
June 23rd, 2006 at 11:28am
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Salt? they banned salt?
How is that possible?. Almost every kind of food contains salt, plus it can be good for you and is essential for part of your diet.
Salt as in table salt and foods high in sodium. Almost ever food contains some kind of salt, but not specifically sodium chloride per se.
All neutral/nonvolatile chemical compounds are salts and the reason you need them is that they conduct electricity and nerve responses are electrical impulses.

Okay, I need to stop now before I lose everyone in my technical chemical jargon.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 23rd, 2006 at 11:31am
Kitti:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Salt? they banned salt?
Salt as in table salt and foods high in sodium. Almost ever food contains some kind of salt, but not specifically sodium chloride per se.
All neutral/nonvolatile chemical compounds are salts and the reason you need them is that they conduct electricity and nerve responses are electrical impulses.

Okay, I need to stop now before I lose everyone in my technical chemical jargon.

Yeah, we just did the 'Acids, Bases and Salts' topic in chemistry Retard
It would be impossible to ban, I should think.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 23rd, 2006 at 11:39am
Bloodraine:
Kitti:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Salt? they banned salt?

Yeah, we just did the 'Acids, Bases and Salts' topic in chemistry Retard
It would be impossible to ban, I should think.
I meant table Salt and food that require lots of salt. They also got rid of french fries, tater tots, and other food that are fried in oils.
Amy.
Amy.
June 23rd, 2006 at 11:47am
Kitti:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Salt? they banned salt?

I understood all of that =)
My school canteen stopped providing salt a few years ago because of health regulations for school meals. Also at the start of next term they will no longer sell chips, crisps, chocolate, and I think, fast food like burgers etc and will only sell 'healthy' food. In a way, this is a good thing because it means that the kids who will be buying the food will get at least one healthy meal per day. But the thing is, pupils can obtain lunch passes by submitting a form into school, which are only supposed to be used to go home and get food, but are hardly used as this. Within a 5 minute walk from our school gates there is a supermarket, a bakery, a chip shop and a newsagents. Lunch passes are supposed to be checked going in and out of school, but they cannot afford to have teachers on the school gates at every lunch and break time, so consequently, there is a lot of students being able to leave school without permission from their parents, making whatever happens to the pupils the school's responsibility. Also, because there is only one more period after lunch, there is a lot of truanting. With all this and at the prices the canteen charges for the quality of the food provided, it makes you think, 'Is it worth it?'
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
July 1st, 2006 at 03:34pm
the particular topic for this is completely ridiculous, however, i actually agree. a new loada legislation isd coming in in england now that means that they arent allowed to serve burgers or chips (fries for u americans), they arent allowed to provide salt or sell chrisps or cakes or chocolate. correct me if im wrong but its totally ridiculous
Kitti
Kitti
July 1st, 2006 at 03:43pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
the particular topic for this is completely ridiculous, however, i actually agree. a new loada legislation isd coming in in england now that means that they arent allowed to serve burgers or chips (fries for u americans), they arent allowed to provide salt or sell chrisps or cakes or chocolate. correct me if im wrong but its totally ridiculous
But they have a point. People are unhealthy. Unhealthy lunches in schools as kids is routine. But routine becomes habit as adults. It's important for kids to develop good eating habits early because they will be healthier adults.
That takes stress off the healthcare system. Which is a good thing.
A Girl From OZ
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
A Girl From OZ
July 1st, 2006 at 10:38pm
NOTHING IS PERMANENT,NOTHING
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
July 2nd, 2006 at 01:20pm
How...strange. And, slightly sad. But mostly strange.
Register