AuthorMessage
vivalarorya
Falling In Love With The Board
vivalarorya
December 8th, 2007 at 03:34am
yellowstickerface:
Well everyone hates Bush.
And it isn't because of Green Day.
I can remember people hating Bush way before American Idiot.
And i don't even live in America.
Not so. He got reelected, did he not?
without a name
Geek
without a name
December 8th, 2007 at 02:42pm
No, Not Because of Green Day. I've Always Hated Him Wink
Green Day!
Geek
Green Day!
December 16th, 2007 at 09:15am
oh my god, you're right!! why do I hate bush??.... i could never even be bothered to wonder why i hated bush, i just hated him because of green day!
okay, from this day, i don't hate bush anymore.... i'll find out more about him & then maybe i'll hate him if i think he's been stupid
wow, i feel like an idiot! thanks for bringing this upSmile!
Healthy Body Sick Mind
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Healthy Body Sick Mind

Mibba
December 23rd, 2007 at 01:25am
I wasn't a fan of Bush before American Idiot came out, mostly because my parents detested him and I'm sure that's where my opinions branched off of. Although, once American Idiot came out they got me more in tune in what was going on with the government and you could have come up to me and ask why I didn't approve of Bush and I could give a logical answer, not just "He's an asshole!".

Sure, they probably did get a lot of people to chant "Fuck Bush!" and not have a clue as to why they hate him except that Green Day does, but also I'm sure for many people (like me) they made me do some research and got me a bit more interested in what was going on with our governement and the war. Also, they did inspire me to listen to other bands/artist that were singing about the same situations.
The Collector
GSBitch
The Collector
January 16th, 2008 at 09:24pm
i think so too
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
February 12th, 2008 at 07:52am
Dipshit can't run the country
Rocker Chic
King For A Couple Of Days
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 13th, 2008 at 10:15am
I think alot of people were already thinking "This guy's a moron", and then when AI came out, it kind of made people feel like it was okay to be more open about how you feel about the government. Which, imo, is great. Green Day certainly brought 'Freedom of Speech' back in style.
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
February 13th, 2008 at 10:20pm
it should always be style.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
February 13th, 2008 at 11:37pm
yellowstickerface:
Well everyone hates Bush.
And it isn't because of Green Day.
I can remember people hating Bush way before American Idiot.
And i don't even live in America.

Not true. I'm one of the few people in this world that still likes him.

Green Day didn't start it. People didn't like him before American Idiot. Maybe only a few hated him, but there were some.
Shane Childers
Idiot
Shane Childers

Blog
February 13th, 2008 at 11:48pm
i dont hate president bush...i just do not agree with his way of rule...he is retarded, very unintelligent...and to be honest, he is always on holiday when some crisis or disaster occurs....i do not agree with his way of rule...this country was so much better when clinton was in office...
Addison Dewitt
Addison Dewitt

Blog
February 14th, 2008 at 01:50am
I didn't like Bush to start out with, mainly because my older brother was already collecting the stupid things he says and bashing him, when Green Day did the whole fuck Bush thing I remember my brothers exact words were "Hey look people with power hate him too!" even if they were rockstars and not rulers of the world.
I don't hate him personally, I hate him as a president, the way he leads this country makes the whole thing look like we're all a bunch of hicks from Texas, nothing against Texas, just an example. Wall
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
February 14th, 2008 at 11:34pm
lol
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 15th, 2008 at 06:16pm
Too, it's not like GD is the only band that voiced their opinion about the government...
Angelic Fruitcake
Falling In Love With The Board
Angelic Fruitcake
February 16th, 2008 at 09:04am
ah, yes, and no.

As people have said already, they're not the first band to have ranted about the government.
And alot of us (I'm british, and I still think he's a prat) would probably dislike Bush anyway; whether it's cool to dislike him or not, the fact remains; the bloke's a complete and utter idiot and should have never been allowed to have power over a country, especially one as huge & important as America. And when he was using our prime minister as a puppet, for christ's sake, even people here in England are going to care.

However; since Green Day voiced their thoughts on the government, I'm quite sure they're has been thousands of kids with zero political knowlage (I'm not saying I have much) running around with 'FUCK BUSH' written on their shirts. Simply, really, 'cause it's cool to stick it to the maaaaan. Most of them don't even understand what they were shouting about.

*shrugs*
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
February 16th, 2008 at 12:54pm
That's a bit scary, they're so easily manipulated. Well, if you allow yourself to be. Some of those kids are simply doing it bc GD do it too, you can't be led blindly.
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 16th, 2008 at 02:07pm
On the other side of things, though, I think Green Day got alot more teenagers interested in politics, which is great. If you admire someone who has a certain interest, you tend to take up that interest as well, just so you can understand what they're talking about better.

Teens do need to be more aware of what's going on in the world, and I think in that regard, Green Day really helped. It would not have mattered if they were going around saying they love Bush or hate Bush - at least they're getting the youth of America interested in something other than Playstation.
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
February 16th, 2008 at 04:47pm
AA haha nice one dude
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 16th, 2008 at 05:01pm
HA HA HA HA -I wasn't joking, curlyfries. Confused
Addison Dewitt
Addison Dewitt

Blog
February 16th, 2008 at 06:42pm
punki_poette:
On the other side of things, though, I think Green Day got alot more teenagers interested in politics, which is great. If you admire someone who has a certain interest, you tend to take up that interest as well, just so you can understand what they're talking about better.

Teens do need to be more aware of what's going on in the world, and I think in that regard, Green Day really helped. It would not have mattered if they were going around saying they love Bush or hate Bush - at least they're getting the youth of America interested in something other than Playstation.

Yeah, well I payed a lot more attention to politics after Green Day got all PO'd with Bush, at first I was just kind of "What the hell are they whining about?" and then I started reading up on stuff, it was just like a O_O moment....didn't know that kinda crap was going on. Coffee
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 16th, 2008 at 06:46pm
^ Same here. Very Happy

I think it's good. Teens should be more aware of these things. And even if they aren't into politics, at least Green Day still sends out a message to stand up for what you believe in.
Register