Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2006 at 12:25am
Okay. Thanks guys. Very Happy
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 12:40am
No matter how desperatly I want to finish my current stories, this new one is taking more pressing brain space and finger movements.

Don't you just hate that?
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2006 at 12:54am
Pickle:
No matter how desperatly I want to finish my current stories, this new one is taking more pressing brain space and finger movements.

Oh yeah. I have this idea that I REALLY want to get down, but I'm in the middle of another story. I'm just going to fit that idea into my current story so I don't abandon it. I like to try things like that..
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 12:56am
My stories aren't interchangeable, otherwise I would try that. Mine are all different. Same characters, different world and flaws. I'm almost done with chapter three now. . . . . .dammit.
Banach95
King For A Couple Of Days
Banach95

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2006 at 01:01am
My problem at the moment is that I am in a dark place right now and my story is reflecting that. I am actually starting to feel sorry for my OC and what I am putting her through...
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 01:04am
Poor character. Don't blame her! Save her now!!! J/k

I'm kind of the opposite. Right now, I'm writing a story that requires my main character to be real down and depressed and all and I'm just as cheerful as I can be writing it. I guess because it's not happening to me. . . . . anymore and probably because I know what happens. . . . in reality and fictionally. My character is in for a ride of a lifetime. Because he's taking a page out of mine, just slightly exaggerated.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2006 at 01:04am
sampalletband:
My problem at the moment is that I am in a dark place right now and my story is reflecting that. I am actually starting to feel sorry for my OC and what I am putting her through...

Well that just makes it better because that means we all know how you feel. You don't put up a front when writing and make everything all merry and sunshiney.
ThisIsGreenDay
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 03:14am
Pickle:

I know that feeling all too well. I have two stories I'm supposed to be finishing at the moment: Best Man and The Ballad Of Michael & Beulah. But I have, like...five or more other ones I can't get out of my head for the life of me!
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2006 at 03:22am
I've tried a one-shot. I can't help but notice how confusing it is. I just imagine myself there. It feels real. Anyone care to read? I suppose no one. Rolling Eyes
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2006 at 03:54am
A thought crossed my mind the other day..

What about using images to write? Think

Ever think like that?
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 04:12am
Handguns For Hearts:

Ever think like that?
Do you mean puting images in the story if you want? Or looking at photos for inspiration?

I think an option to have photos in your story is a good one. It would help people to visualize more I think. I've already done some writing with pictures, 'tis a shame it can't be done here...
Ben thwarted
Geek
Ben thwarted
July 15th, 2006 at 10:52am
Okay... so my story----> http://www.geekstinkbreath.net/fan/story/5997/0/

Was initially a one parter. But I have had quite a lot of harassment to continue... But I don't have a CLUE where it would go if I did add more.

Any ideas?

(Or should I just leave it as one part?)
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2006 at 11:07am
*-_Burnout_-*:

Was initially a one parter. But I have had quite a lot of harassment to continue... But I don't have a CLUE where it would go if I did add more.

Any ideas?

I'd leave it as a one parter since would/does go into slash territory.

Aside from that, the story itself is good.
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 01:35pm
I don't like the use of pictures in stories because I feel like I'm cheating. I should use my words and descriptions to show my characters. However, discussing it outside the story and if I have a pic that I see as a character, I'll show it, but only as an example and not really with my story. But that's just me. Plus, I can't really find pics that match my characters, at least OC-wise and older and such.
iATEjimmysWORLD
iATEjimmysWORLD

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 01:49pm
Pickle:
I don't like the use of pictures in stories because I feel like I'm cheating. I should use my words and descriptions to show my characters. However, discussing it outside the story and if I have a pic that I see as a character, I'll show it, but only as an example and not really with my story. But that's just me. Plus, I can't really find pics that match my characters, at least OC-wise and older and such.

I agree with you, I don't like the use of pictures in stories either. My descriptions and details are meant to encourage the reader to paint their own mental picture of what characters, and even places, look like. That's what's exciting about bringing stories to GSB because everyone has such diverse ideas and their own creative imaginations. That's the best part of reading/writing a story, you get to let your mind run wild. The possibilites are endless, but when you showcase an OC as another real life person I think it hinders the character you're writing. These are just my opinions, of course.
CristhyneS
Jackass
CristhyneS

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 03:00pm
iATEjimmysWORLD:
Pickle:

I agree with you, I don't like the use of pictures in stories either. My descriptions and details are meant to encourage the reader to paint their own mental picture of what characters, and even places, look like. That's what's exciting about bringing stories to GSB because everyone has such diverse ideas and their own creative imaginations. That's the best part of reading/writing a story, you get to let your mind run wild. The possibilites are endless, but when you showcase an OC as another real life person I think it hinders the character you're writing. These are just my opinions, of course.

I half agree with you both.

I think that by showing your readers what every character looks liek you're leaving too little to their imagination, and I'm one of those people that thinks that imagination is what makes the world spin around. So yes, I'm not a big fan of adding pictures to the stories. I also like left some things unsaid, so the readers can develope some certain scenes of the story in their minds, if the even care, things that they'd like to happen.

However, sometimes I just see a picture that makes me feel like I'm inside my story. Like the black and wwhite picture of Kate Winslete(sp) that I found for Queen...

But I also like challenging people's imagination.

Like with my story, it is about Whatsername's stories, so of course the Jesus/Jimmy is in it too. When I asked my readers about what they think J. looks like they all said "Billie" so I tried my best to find someone else with an agel face and also a rebel kind of look, until I found them.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2006 at 03:11pm
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:

Ever think like that?
Do you mean puting images in the story if you want? Or looking at photos for inspiration?

I think an option to have photos in your story is a good one. It would help people to visualize more I think. I've already done some writing with pictures, 'tis a shame it can't be done here...

I mean like looking at them for inspiration. Like if you want to write about the ocean, you could look at a picture of the ocean..

Sometimes I just pretend like I'm there though.

BTW, I had a dream about your story. It turned into a movie. A good one. O_O Seriously.
Ben thwarted
Geek
Ben thwarted
July 15th, 2006 at 04:03pm
sampalletband:
*-_Burnout_-*:

Any ideas?

I'd leave it as a one parter since would/does go into slash territory.

Aside from that, the story itself is good.

Thank you Kiss

After all... I did insist I wasn't doing any more. Smile
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 04:47pm
Handguns For Hearts:
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:

Ever think like that?

I mean like looking at them for inspiration. Like if you want to write about the ocean, you could look at a picture of the ocean..

BTW, I had a dream about your story. It turned into a movie. A good one. O_O Seriously.
Yeah, it is a good way to find inspiration. Sometimes my inspirations just come from going out and actually seeing the things I want to write about. Smile

That is so cool. I'm flattered, yo. PM me more details? Surprised
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2006 at 06:10pm
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:

Ever think like that?

Yeah, it is a good way to find inspiration. Sometimes my inspirations just come from going out and actually seeing the things I want to write about. Smile

That is so cool. I'm flattered, yo. PM me more details? Surprised

Yeah, the places that will be mentioned later in my story are real because I've been there and have picture that I took.

Sure thing, yo. Cool
Register