Nazism.

AuthorMessage
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
April 2nd, 2007 at 08:39am
WeFoundTheDuck:
There's a shitload of Nazi graffiti in my school and around the town.

It's quite terrifying to go into the bathroom and see the words "Kill All the Jews" scrawled in large letters across the mirrors and doors, with swastikas everywhere.
I know what you mean Evil or Very Mad
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
April 3rd, 2007 at 04:39pm
Meski:
WeFoundTheDuck:

It's quite terrifying to go into the bathroom and see the words "Kill All the Jews" scrawled in large letters across the mirrors and doors, with swastikas everywhere.
And the teachers are so unconcerned. I honestly don't think people take it seriously.

If they don't want to punish the kids for supporting Nazis, then at least punish them for carving threatening shit into the walls. Grmml
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 4th, 2007 at 06:29am
WeFoundTheDuck:
Meski:
WeFoundTheDuck:

And the teachers are so unconcerned. I honestly don't think people take it seriously.

If they don't want to punish the kids for supporting Nazis, then at least punish them for carving threatening shit into the walls. Grmml
This is probably not the case in all the schools, but in may school its hard to be concerned if you agree with that ideology. My history for God sake supports it. I mean she isn't a Nazi, but homophobic and a nationalist. And thats what most of graffiti`s and wall carvings around here are.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
April 4th, 2007 at 03:32pm
WeFoundTheDuck:
Meski:
WeFoundTheDuck:

Why should they punish them for being/supporting Nazis? Its their decision, you can't prevent or punish them for something they agree with personally. But they should punish them for writing threats && offensive things on the walls. [that includes acting out towards others aswell.] Yes they are racist and cruel, but it's there personal choice. I don't agree with it and I do think its crazy but thats my opinion about their's. I think I'm having a hard time wording this. Think
I guess I should say, if its in their mind/head there's nothing you can do about it but once they start acting out about it something definatly should be done.

._.isuckatthis.
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
April 4th, 2007 at 03:43pm
Can you punish people for being Nazis?
I mean, I don't agree with it, but it's just another political belief system. You can't punish people for their beliefs (unless they lead on to more physical discrimination or violence - which is a whole different issue)

There will always be racists and homophobes but, unless they actually do anything, there's nothing we can do to them. Why should the law be different if you're a Nazi?
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
April 4th, 2007 at 03:49pm
rehabreject:
I mean, I don't agree with it, but it's just another political belief system. You can't punish people for their beliefs (unless they lead on to more physical discrimination or violence - which is a whole different issue)

There will always be racists and homophobes but, unless they actually do anything, there's nothing we can do to them. Why should the law be different if you're a Nazi?

thats bascailly what i asked/said.
thats the point i was trying to get across. Smile
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
April 4th, 2007 at 03:55pm
Heels Over Head.:
rehabreject:

Yeah, sorry.
I read your post right after submitting mine Laughing
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
April 4th, 2007 at 03:59pm
rehabreject:
Heels Over Head.:
rehabreject:

Yeah, sorry.
I read your post right after submitting mine Laughing

it's fine! i'm glad you posted.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 4th, 2007 at 04:48pm
rehabreject:

Thats what we were discussing about. You wont punish anyone if they aren't doing anything. But Nazi-skinheads, neo Nazis, they are threatening people and beating the shit out of anyone. And writing insulting things on the wall should be punished as well. Especially because its discriminating stuff. Besides as far as I know you cant wear swastikas and other things connected to Nazism if they are in service of worshiping it anyway. So are punished for being Nazis if they walk around with swastikas and if they go and use a black kid as a punching bag. They deserve to get punished anyway.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
April 4th, 2007 at 04:54pm
Dr. Cuddy:
rehabreject:

Thats what we were discussing about. You wont punish anyone if they aren't doing anything. But Nazi-skinheads, neo Nazis, they are threatening people and beating the shit out of anyone. And writing insulting things on the wall should be punished as well. Especially because its discriminating stuff. Besides as far as I know you cant wear swastikas and other things connected to Nazism if they are in service of worshiping it anyway. So are punished for being Nazis if they walk around with swastikas and if they go and use a black kid as a punching bag. They deserve to get punished anyway.

So you can be punished for wearing one without doing anything?
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
April 5th, 2007 at 01:07am
Dr. Cuddy:
rehabreject:

I've seen a lot of these kids threatening others, and saying how much they'd like to beat up Jewish kids or black kids or gay kids.

But they're not taken seriously because people say "they won't really do it."

I do think that they should be punished, to discourage them from beating up some poor kid that they just assume is Jewish/gay.
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
April 5th, 2007 at 03:24am
If we can only punish them when they actually commit a crime or discrimination, then this isn't really anything to do with Nazism.
You'd punish anyone who went around threatening black kids or gay kids, or graffiting racist slur - regardless of who they are. (At least I think that's what should happen)
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
April 5th, 2007 at 05:12pm
rehabreject:
If we can only punish them when they actually commit a crime or discrimination, then this isn't really anything to do with Nazism.
You'd punish anyone who went around threatening black kids or gay kids, or graffiting racist slur - regardless of who they are. (At least I think that's what should happen)
Kids here can be suspended for threatening others.

But the kids making the threats simply aren't reported, or the reports aren't taken seriously, as I've stated before.
Iam2fly4u
Geek
Iam2fly4u
April 5th, 2007 at 09:47pm
WeFoundTheDuck:
I've met a couple kids lately that really do support Nazism.

Not so much the political side of it, just the part where they want to get together and start beating the shit out of Jewish kids and homosexuals.

It's mildly disgusting. And it worries me, that this kind of behaviour could spread if nobody does something about it.

It really is disgusting. If this keeps happening, there could possibly be another Holocaust(sp?) and/or World War.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
April 6th, 2007 at 09:16am
WeFoundTheDuck:
rehabreject:

But the kids making the threats simply aren't reported, or the reports aren't taken seriously, as I've stated before.

then make people aware of it. start something to prevent it, kids at my school started this whole thing to spread awarness about whats happening in Uganda. It seems to have worked.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 6th, 2007 at 04:31pm
Heels Over Head.:
Dr. Cuddy:
rehabreject:

So you can be punished for wearing one without doing anything?
As far as I know, you arent allowed to wear any sings that have something to do with Nazism, Fascism etc. This may sound cruel, but I approve of that. You may be walking arith swastikas and doing nothing, but you are supporting that behavior. I know that , for example Siouxie of Siouxie & The Banshees wasnt really a Nazi, but wore them to shock, but I dont think that that is anything to play with. I know you cant punish people for their thoughts and ideas, but they are showing that they are supporting Nazism. No one should be allowed to do that.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
April 8th, 2007 at 09:55pm
Heels Over Head.:
WeFoundTheDuck:
rehabreject:

then make people aware of it. start something to prevent it, kids at my school started this whole thing to spread awarness about whats happening in Uganda. It seems to have worked.
Uganda. A girl I know is super involved with that. She explained it all to me last week, and I'm jumping on board with that. [/offtopic]

But it's super ridiculously hard to raise awareness here. I'm not trying to make excuses, but most people don't want to hear about anything that's wrong in their community. There's this whole underground movement of Nazism just going along, unchecked, and even when there are specific threats made, the principals just give those involved a stern talking to, and let the matter drop.

I guess what I'm saying is that this whole situation is being taken far too lightly, because people percieve Nazism as being a thing of the past, and I'm wondering how far things will have to go before any attention is given to the situation.
Bones
Falling In Love With The Board
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 8th, 2007 at 11:05pm
yeah
i think most people think its a thing of the past, just something that you learn about in history
and there's no way anyone sorta stuff like that would be written on our walls
but then again my school is like 90% jewish
Zoie
Zoie
April 9th, 2007 at 01:46am
I just finished reading Night for school, and it's about the Auschwitz concentration camps written by a survivor. I'm really glad they made us read it because I don't think it is taken seriously enought most of the time, and it really was one of the most horrible events in history. My friend jokes around about being a Nazi all the time...like to the point where I'm not even sure if she's joking. I think it's become more like a thing to be funny though because she would never physically hurt a kid from a different race. She just makes fun of different races all the time. And she has swastikas drawn over her binder. It's pretty sick. But anyways, I hope she gets something out of reading the book, because something that insanly horrible shouldn't be taken lightly and made fun of.
Zoie
Zoie
April 9th, 2007 at 01:52am
Heels Over Head.:
WeFoundTheDuck:
rehabreject:

Invisible Children? We had that too. And I found what they were telling me important enough to get involved with it. I think they should have those kinds of things for issues like racism.
Register