Queen

AuthorMessage
Sylar
Falling In Love With The Board
Sylar
August 10th, 2007 at 05:14am
^ I still highly disagree with that opinion.
Billie Joe's said he grew up with Queen. ANYWAY, why the hell are we tlaking about Green Day in the Queen thread?
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
August 10th, 2007 at 02:32pm
I like some queen stuff.
I've seen half of them onstage with Foo fighters in Hyde Park tehe

Nice.

I have a video somewhere.
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
August 11th, 2007 at 03:07am
Libertina Grimm:
Billie Joe's said he grew up with Queen. ANYWAY, why the hell are we tlaking about Green Day in the Queen thread?
Where did you hear that? Think
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
August 11th, 2007 at 03:07am
Timid Smiley:
I like some queen stuff.

Nice.

Nice. tehe
Brian May
King For A Couple Of Days
Brian May
August 13th, 2007 at 03:07am
I loooov them!

They're the BEST!
No one can EVER replace them
*tear*
Damn it...i wasnt even born when (my hero) Freddie Mercury died

RIP Freddie Mercury
Brian May
Brian May
August 13th, 2007 at 03:08am
I *heart* QUEEN!!!

MWAAHAHAHAA
Sylar
Sylar
August 14th, 2007 at 08:10am
Color Me Impressed:
Libertina Grimm:
Where did you hear that? Think

God I don't know now. In some interview or another.
It was flimmin' years ago now it seems Coffee
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
August 14th, 2007 at 05:17pm
Timid Smiley:
I like some queen stuff.

Nice.

That was incredible! I screamed like fuck when Brian May walked out.
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
August 14th, 2007 at 09:28pm
Peardrops:
That was incredible! I screamed like fuck when Brian May walked out.
Yeah Cool I loved it when they started Tie Your Mother Down & everyone around me was like "omg we will rock uuuu"
Brian May
Brian May
August 21st, 2007 at 01:23am
I ABSOLUTLY LOOOV THEM!

They r my true and only heroes.

They r my inspiration and my everything.

NO ONE will EVER replace them

Their song will NEVER be lost in time....

EVER.

MY TRUE HERO:FREDDIE MERCURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RIP
Sandwich-Masta
Geek
Sandwich-Masta
August 24th, 2007 at 09:39pm
Queen's a terrific band. I mostly like their first four albums, but their other stuff is good, too. My favorite songs are:

Sweet Lady
Flick Of The Wrist
Great King Rat
Brighton Rock
Tenement Funster
Modern Times Rock 'n' Roll
Keep Yourself Alive
Fight From The Inside
Let Me Entertain You
Fat Bottomed Girls

The list goes on and on.

A lot of fans of bands like Queen kind of irritate me, though. Not ALL Queen fans, of course, considering I am one, but those people who think they're oh, so "more-musically-cultured-than-thou" because they listen to classic rock, as opposed to modern bands like Green Day.

There was one instance in my Language Arts/Social Studies class, in which we had a group assignment to come up with a jingle for West African history. We were brainstorming songs to take the tune from, and of course I was suggesting well-known Green Day songs. Our leader guy was all, "No, no Green Day! Green Day is WEIRD! Let's do Queen, they're not weird, they just have long hair!". I didn't know much about Queen back then, but if I could do it again I'd probably say something like, "Well, at least Green Day's singer never said that he was 'as gay as a daffodil'!"
GAH! SO IRRITATING!

Freddie really did say that once, I believe in 1974.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
August 28th, 2007 at 01:56am
Sandwich-Masta:
Queen's a terrific band. I mostly like their first four albums, but their other stuff is good, too. My favorite songs are:

Sweet Lady
Flick Of The Wrist
Great King Rat
Brighton Rock
Tenement Funster
Keep Yourself Alive
Fight From The Inside
Let Me Entertain You
Fat Bottomed Girls

The list goes on and on.

A lot of fans of bands like Queen kind of irritate me, though. Not ALL Queen fans, of course, considering I am one, but those people who think they're oh, so "more-musically-cultured-than-thou" because they listen to classic rock, as opposed to modern bands like Green Day.

There was one instance in my Language Arts/Social Studies class, in which we had a group assignment to come up with a jingle for West African history. We were brainstorming songs to take the tune from, and of course I was suggesting well-known Green Day songs. Our leader guy was all, "No, no Green Day! Green Day is WEIRD! Let's do Queen, they're not weird, they just have long hair!". I didn't know much about Queen back then, but if I could do it again I'd probably say something like, "Well, at least Green Day's singer never said that he was 'as gay as a daffodil'!"
GAH! SO IRRITATING!

What if he said that. He was gay and he didn't deny. He lived a good life and wrote the best song ever.
Sandwich-Masta
Geek
Sandwich-Masta
August 29th, 2007 at 11:53pm
Meski:
Sandwich-Masta:

Sweet Lady
Flick Of The Wrist
Great King Rat
Brighton Rock
Tenement Funster
Keep Yourself Alive
Fight From The Inside
Let Me Entertain You
Fat Bottomed Girls

The list goes on and on.

GAH! SO IRRITATING!

What if he said that. He was gay and he didn't deny. He lived a good life and wrote the best song ever.

Hey, hold on a second! I never said anything dissing Freddie Mercury's songwriting, or the way he lived his life. I think his songs are terrific, and I'd never dream of bashing the way he lived his life, considering I never knew him.

That being said, the reason I was so annoyed with the guy I mentioned in my first post is that that if Billie Joe had said that quote, I'm 95% sure that the guy I was arguing with would be going on and on and ON about how "weird" and "gay" Green Day is. It's just the type of person he is. But Freddie Mercury said it, and of course the guy is totally mature and sensible and doesn't care about it at all.

Perhaps I was jumping to conclusions with him. But, once again, I am not bashing Freddie! If I hated Freddie, why would I be hanging out on the "Queen" thread?
Sandwich-Masta
Geek
Sandwich-Masta
December 5th, 2007 at 04:26am
Oh, damn...I killed the thread, didn't I?

In order to save this thread, I'd like to ask anyone who still goes here one question: "What was the album that got you into Queen?". Just out of curiosity, really. Everyone fan's story is unique and interesting in its own way.

If you want to know what album got me into Queen, it was Sheer Heart Attack. I asked my dad if the band called Queen had any hit songs other than We Will Rock You, and he had a complete spaz attack and introduced me to the album when he picked me up from school one day. From then on, I was hooked on Queen.

If anyone else here on GSB feels like sharing their story, or maybe just making any Queen-related comment, by all means do so. We need to bring this thread back to life, man!
gazorples
Addict
gazorples
December 5th, 2007 at 04:52am
..Mine was Night At The Opera.

Of course I knew their stuff and I just thought 'why not listen to one of their full albums?' so I chose it cause I've heard its really good. Not bad at all.
And I gradually started liking them. xD

But yeah, I absolutely love Queen.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
December 5th, 2007 at 04:29pm
My dad was always listening to Queen, and I just liked the songs. Till this year I didn't like them as a favourite band.
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
December 11th, 2007 at 09:44pm
Queen are my guilty pleasure. Cool
The Collector
GSBitch
The Collector
October 21st, 2008 at 03:59am
My second fave band of all time after GD! they are the greatest band with some opf the greatest songs ever recorded
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 21st, 2008 at 03:51pm
Fat Bottom Girls is my favorite Queen song. It is also my all time favorite Classic Rock song. When it come on the radio I just have to turn it up to 11!
The Collector
GSBitch
The Collector
October 21st, 2008 at 11:38pm
Love their album A Night at the Opera so much!
Register