AuthorMessage
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
August 24th, 2006 at 08:22am
Mike_is_sexy_86:
Toxic Waste.:
Cecilia:
'Cause that's the sound of the bass (kinda)...

Yeah, but what made Mike say, "I'm going to change my surname from Pritchard to the sound of my bass"? I think that's what the original poster's question was.
I understand. I don't need to know why.

I know it was because when he played bass in school everyone would go "dirnt, dirnt, dirnt..." Gradually the kids in school started calling him Mike Dirnt and he preferred it to Pritchard so he started using it.(although it could have something to do with knowing Pritchard wasn't his real surname anyways because he was adopted) he probably thought well Pritchard isn't my surname either and I prefer Dirnt and a lot of people call me Mike Dirnt so ... It stuck Very Happy I hope that made sense, I read most of that somewhere on the internet but I cant remeber where, sorry.If I come across it I will post the link
i worship billie joe
Falling In Love With The Board
i worship billie joe
August 26th, 2006 at 05:43pm
is the new cd coming out on xmas
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
August 26th, 2006 at 05:46pm
punkrocker91:

Nope.
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
August 26th, 2006 at 06:41pm
the new cd will be out around early next year they said somewhere. I think i read there going into the studio very soon so thats good news Very Happy all the lyrics are wrote anyways
St Beth
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
St Beth
August 26th, 2006 at 06:44pm
The Lik Parade.:
punkrocker91:

Nope.

mmmm Crying or Very sad
St Beth
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
St Beth
August 26th, 2006 at 06:49pm
Cassie From The Block:
Element:
Do you guys think that from American Idiot, JOS and Jimmy are the same person or different people?

They are the same person.

Tomorrow I'll get the song meaning if someone else doesnt want to do it in the mean time? ~~

I think they´re the same person but i have doubts
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
August 26th, 2006 at 11:18pm
michaeldirnt:
the new cd will be out around early next year they said somewhere. I think i read there going into the studio very soon so thats good news Very Happy all the lyrics are wrote anyways

Oh really?

They havent done any good interviews for a while so I doubt that.

Besides, they're just at draft demos. Aka they're in Billies basement still. Not studio 880.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
August 26th, 2006 at 11:20pm
St Beth:
The Lik Parade.:
punkrocker91:

Nope.

mmmm Crying or Very sad

Why upset?

AI took ages to come out.

Them saying their other album got stolen was something to cry over.

This is extremely quick for a follow up album of such a monster hit.

Lets just hope it doesnt flop like Insomniac did after Dookie, eh?.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 26th, 2006 at 11:52pm
Cassie From The Block:

Why upset?

AI took ages to come out.

Them saying their other album got stolen was something to cry over.

This is extremely quick for a follow up album of such a monster hit.

Lets just hope it doesnt flop like Insomniac did after Dookie, eh?.

Even if it does flop, that isnt such a bad thing. None of Green Day's albums after Dookie were as "successful" but I think what came in the middle was some of their best work Dno

If they're happy, I guess thats what counts. I just want them to tour again sooner rather than later Shifty
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
August 27th, 2006 at 12:15am
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Even if it does flop, that isnt such a bad thing. None of Green Day's albums after Dookie were as "successful" but I think what came in the middle was some of their best work Dno

If they're happy, I guess thats what counts. I just want them to tour again sooner rather than later Shifty

I mean like... I dont want them to rush it. Insomniac was rushed.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 27th, 2006 at 12:18am
Cassie From The Block:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I mean like... I dont want them to rush it. Insomniac was rushed.

Yeah, especially the tour, to the extreme that they had to cancle part of it even.
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
August 27th, 2006 at 08:03am
That Punk Kid.:
michaeldirnt:

Oh really?

They havent done any good interviews for a while so I doubt that.

Besides, they're just at draft demos. Aka they're in Billies basement still. Not studio 880.

They said in a magazine they were heading into the studio soon but how soon is soon. I heard on kerrang and some stupid teenie magazines it should be out early next year so im only saying what i heard
Vegemite
Geek
Vegemite

Blog
August 27th, 2006 at 08:48am
i want it to come out now...ok maybe now. But i am so happy that i saw the last AMERICAN IDIOT concert ever....i could cry. but anyways, i hope they do a good job of it? WHAT DO YOU THINK IT WOUILD SOUND LIKE?? a follow up to american idiot? i have no clue what the bass of the CD would be. It couldnt be another Dookie, but im lost...*cries*
Vegemite
Geek
Vegemite

Blog
August 27th, 2006 at 08:48am
god help me.....im all by myself
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
August 27th, 2006 at 09:06am
The Crimson Ghost:
i want it to come out now...ok maybe now. But i am so happy that i saw the last AMERICAN IDIOT concert ever....i could cry. but anyways, i hope they do a good job of it? WHAT DO YOU THINK IT WOUILD SOUND LIKE?? a follow up to american idiot? i have no clue what the bass of the CD would be. It couldnt be another Dookie, but im lost...*cries*

The Crimson Ghost:
god help me.....im all by myself

What??? Confused
Don't chat on here please Retard
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
August 27th, 2006 at 11:25am
Can anyone tell me where Billie Joe's "School is practice for te future, practice makes perfect, but nobodys perfect, so why practice?” is from?
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
August 27th, 2006 at 05:05pm
Jimmy4Whatsername:
Can anyone tell me where Billie Joe's "School is practice for te future, practice makes perfect, but nobodys perfect, so why practice?” is from?
Sounds like Ego's and Icons.. Confused
BREASTS
Idiot
BREASTS
August 27th, 2006 at 05:24pm
Sara.:
Jimmy4Whatsername:

I believe he says that in the Modern Rock interview...

here.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
August 27th, 2006 at 05:31pm
Tre's wife:
Sara.:
Jimmy4Whatsername:

I believe he says that in the Modern Rock interview...

here.
I've nearly memorized that.. I don't remember that being in there..
MarieArt
Idiot
MarieArt

Blog
August 27th, 2006 at 05:38pm
krazygdgirl:
Anyone know what color Joey's eyes are?

one of my friends have seen them at a concert in California and said that he has brown eyes or very dark green... most likely brown cause that's the color of 80's eyes Very Happy
Register