Green Day Questions and Answers Thread.

AuthorMessage
Arcane-Inamorata
King For A Couple Of Days
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
October 29th, 2006 at 05:20pm
Kay... so I was looking through the song list... and I came across the song Sometimes I Don't Mind.
I have never heard of this song, and there's no info on it. What c.d. is it on, and when was it recorded?
Ambyeyes
Geek
Ambyeyes
October 31st, 2006 at 02:46pm
What is the song that's always played at the very first of the Green Day concerts? Like, on BIAB, right before they start the music of American Idiot, there's music play and it sounds awesome! It almost sounds Halloween-ish.

Thanks!!
RebelofSuburbia
Falling In Love With The Board
RebelofSuburbia
October 31st, 2006 at 05:41pm
That's a bit of the Starwars soundtrack I believe Very Happy
The Punk Messiah
Idiot
The Punk Messiah
October 31st, 2006 at 06:03pm
Ambyeyes:
What is the song that's always played at the very first of the Green Day concerts? Like, on BIAB, right before they start the music of American Idiot, there's music play and it sounds awesome! It almost sounds Halloween-ish.

Thanks!!

Is that A Space Odyssey or something?

I'm wrong, aren't I?
Ambyeyes
Geek
Ambyeyes
November 1st, 2006 at 01:41pm
RebelofSuburbia:
That's a bit of the Starwars soundtrack I believe Very Happy

I search for "Starwars Soundtrack" on LimeWire, but I don't know which result to pick Confused

But, thanks for your help!
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
November 1st, 2006 at 01:57pm
Ambyeyes:

Thanks!!

Chariots of fire?
Rebel.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Rebel.

Mibba
November 1st, 2006 at 02:38pm
Ambyeyes:

Thanks!!

It's Also Sprach Zarathustra by Richard Strauss.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
November 1st, 2006 at 08:37pm
The Punk Messiah:
Ambyeyes:

Thanks!!

I'm wrong, aren't I?

The music comes from the movie A Space Odyssey.
star-gazer93
Geek
star-gazer93
November 13th, 2006 at 09:36pm
Cecilia:
The Punk Messiah:
Ambyeyes:

Thanks!!

I'm wrong, aren't I?

The music comes from the movie A Space Odyssey.
ok maybe im just deaf but i dont hear anything on BIAB but crowd cheers?
FenderForever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
FenderForever
November 16th, 2006 at 01:18am
Ok, some questions:

1. Exactly how heavy is Mike Dirnt's Signature Bass? I heard it's really heavy, I'm thinking of buying one but don't like the idea of putting a dent in my shoulder.

2. I heard his signature bass has really crappy tone control, true or false?

3. Before he had his Signature Bass, did he use a Fender Standard Precision Bass or a Fender American Precision Bass?

4. Has he ever used his fingers in any songs?

5. In Bullet in a Bible, why does he use different Basses? You can tell they are all his Signature Series, just different colours?

Thanks xD
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
November 16th, 2006 at 01:19am
Mike_is_sexy_86:
Kay... so I was looking through the song list... and I came across the song Sometimes I Don't Mind.
I have never heard of this song, and there's no info on it. What c.d. is it on, and when was it recorded?
It was recorded in 1992 on the bootleg, Radio Daze. Up
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
November 16th, 2006 at 01:23am
FenderForever:
Ok, some questions:

1. Exactly how heavy is Mike Dirnt's Signature Bass? I heard it's really heavy, I'm thinking of buying one but don't like the idea of putting a dent in my shoulder.

2. I heard his signature bass has really crappy tone control, true or false?

3. Before he had his Signature Bass, did he use a Fender Standard Precision Bass or a Fender American Precision Bass?

4. Has he ever used his fingers in any songs?

5. In Bullet in a Bible, why does he use different Basses? You can tell they are all his Signature Series, just different colours?

Thanks xD
1. No idea how heavy it is.

2. No idea about the tone control.

3. I do believe it was a Fender Standard Precison. Not totally sure on that.

4. I don't believe so. He always uses a pick.

5. He uses each of those different basses because those are ones he used in the past like his Stella bass. Most likely a sentimental thing as Billie does with Blue.

Hope that helps some! Up
Iwannajumpout
Idiot
Iwannajumpout

Mibba Blog
November 16th, 2006 at 09:07am
star-gazer93:
ok maybe im just deaf but i dont hear anything on BIAB but crowd cheers?
They're talking about the song that goes on before GD begins to play AI. Billie comes out and raises his arms to the music, Tré does it too before he drops onto his throne.
FenderForever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
FenderForever
November 20th, 2006 at 03:52am
In the scene right after Basket Case is performed, where Bille Joe introduces all the band and backing members (Mike Dirnt, Jason Freese and stuff) (and where he claims his name is George W. Bush then ***hole), what is the song being played in the background, I want to know because I want to learn the bassline for it, it's so cool xD
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
November 20th, 2006 at 06:00pm
FenderForever:
In the scene right after Basket Case is performed, where Bille Joe introduces all the band and backing members (Mike Dirnt, Jason Freese and stuff) (and where he claims his name is George W. Bush then ***hole), what is the song being played in the background, I want to know because I want to learn the bassline for it, it's so cool xD
Think I'm pretty sure Knowledge comes after that but I haven't seen the DVD in a while.
in_paradise_with_st_jimmy
in_paradise_with_st_jimmy

Mibba Blog
November 20th, 2006 at 06:22pm
Green_Clash:
FenderForever:
Think I'm pretty sure Knowledge comes after that but I haven't seen the DVD in a while.

I think it's just a jazzy kinda bassline that Mike plays. He plays it in the background in some press/promotional vid, too. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.
Arcane-Inamorata
King For A Couple Of Days
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
November 20th, 2006 at 06:41pm
FenderForever:

I'm pretty sure it's Knowledge.
It's the first thing that came to my mind when I first saw it
Chaotic
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Chaotic
November 20th, 2006 at 07:05pm
Mike_is_sexy_86:
FenderForever:

I'm pretty sure it's Knowledge.
It's the first thing that came to my mind when I first saw it

It's definitely not Knowledge. Retard
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
November 25th, 2006 at 11:25am
is Billie really gonna be in that dreamland movie???
netty
Geek
netty
November 28th, 2006 at 06:59am
no.
Register