Green Day Questions and Answers Thread.

AuthorMessage
TresQueen
Geek
TresQueen

Mibba
December 4th, 2006 at 06:24am
Ive heard rumours of collaborations with Robbie Williams... since he is situated in L.A now... would that be true?
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
December 4th, 2006 at 02:15pm
Green Day called AI a political album. wtf. As far as I know, there's two maybe three politically-related songs on there, which are American Idiot, Holiday and Letterbomb. All of the other songs are to do with Jimmy and the JOS.

And WMUWSE is about his dad, and the video ruined that song.

Was AI a political album at all?

Arf
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
December 4th, 2006 at 02:21pm
TresQueen:
Ive heard rumours of collaborations with Robbie Williams... since he is situated in L.A now... would that be true?

please god no
whered you hear that
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
December 6th, 2006 at 08:21am
Serena.:
FenderForever:

5. In Bullet in a Bible, why does he use different Basses? You can tell they are all his Signature Series, just different colours?

Thanks xD
5. He uses each of those different basses because those are ones he used in the past like his Stella bass. Most likely a sentimental thing as Billie does with Blue.

Hope that helps some! Up

Billie doesn't use Blue for purely sentimental reasons, its the only one of his guitars that is tuned to half a step down, so he plays most of the songs off Dookie on it, Mike probably changes basses for the same reason. Its just easier than standing around on stage while you drop or tune up all your strings. Up
Arctic Monkey_
Geek
Arctic Monkey_
December 6th, 2006 at 02:42pm
pearlyfrets:
Serena.:
FenderForever:

5. In Bullet in a Bible, why does he use different Basses? You can tell they are all his Signature Series, just different colours?

Thanks xD
5. He uses each of those different basses because those are ones he used in the past like his Stella bass. Most likely a sentimental thing as Billie does with Blue.

Hope that helps some! Up

Billie doesn't use Blue for purely sentimental reasons, its the only one of his guitars that is tuned to half a step down, so he plays most of the songs off Dookie on it, Mike probably changes basses for the same reason. Its just easier than standing around on stage while you drop or tune up all your strings. Up

yes, differently tuned instruments
xXAmagadXx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xXAmagadXx
December 10th, 2006 at 04:37am
what strings to mike dirnt use? with his sig bass? isnt like eb super slinky or something?
Banach95
King For A Couple Of Days
Banach95

Mibba Blog
December 10th, 2006 at 01:26pm
xXAmagadXx:
what strings to mike dirnt use? with his sig bass? isnt like eb super slinky or something?

this is info from a magazine...

Bass:
~Gibson G-3
~Fender Precission '66
~Fender Precission '69
~Mike Dirnt Signature Fender Precission
Amplification:
~Mesa Boogie MB2000
Additional:
~Duplex Tortex .76 - .88mm Custom Plecks
~Ernie Ball Super Slinky 0.09 Strings
Notes:
From Guitar World: "On this record [Nimrod], I used Precision basses because my old Gibson G-3 didn't sound good with the new songs. I used a '66 and '69; they have a real warmth on the low end. For this record I knew we weren't going for the huge guitar sound; this gave me more room to get in there. I needed to play a real punchy bass on the old records because the guitar frequencies where everywhere and I needed to get right in the middle. I recorded Dookie with a Percision bass too. I use Mesa/Boogie amps, MB 2000's. They're half-tube and half-solid state. I wanted to custom-make my own sound , and Mesa/Boogie was really willing to work with me. They made me 6x10 cabinets, and we put those on top of a 1x18. I think i'm nailing it. I have an MB 2000 running each one of my 6x10 cabinets and then a MB 2000 running both of my 18's."
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
December 10th, 2006 at 09:29pm
I was looking at the song list on the Massive Elimination game on the Games/Polls Forum and there was a Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) and a Good Riddance (Original Version). What's the difference?
AndTheCowSaidMoo
Geek
AndTheCowSaidMoo

Blog
December 11th, 2006 at 05:06am
I dunno if anyones asked this before, but the intro to Blood, Sex and Booze- I swear its Adrienne's voice.

I was watching Driven and hearing her talk then hearing the song and what she says there- it's her. Im sure of it.
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
December 11th, 2006 at 05:18am
katie's not grey:
I was looking at the song list on the Massive Elimination game on the Games/Polls Forum and there was a Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) and a Good Riddance (Original Version). What's the difference?

Original is faster, and is just Billie on acoustic guitar.

TheCowSaidMoo:
I dunno if anyones asked this before, but the intro to Blood, Sex and Booze- I swear its Adrienne's voice.

I was watching Driven and hearing her talk then hearing the song and what she says there- it's her. Im sure of it.

It's not, it's a dominatrix by the name of Mistress Simone.
AndTheCowSaidMoo
Geek
AndTheCowSaidMoo

Blog
December 11th, 2006 at 11:00am
Likalicious.:

Yeah I read the notes in the album cover, but is there a possiblity that it could have been Adrienne under the guise of Mistress Simone?
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
December 11th, 2006 at 11:37am
TheCowSaidMoo:
Likalicious.:

Yeah I read the notes in the album cover, but is there a possiblity that it could have been Adrienne under the guise of Mistress Simone?

Nope in the Warning Doucmentary they show her "attending" to the poor sound guy Wink
AndTheCowSaidMoo
Geek
AndTheCowSaidMoo

Blog
December 11th, 2006 at 11:51am
sampalletband:
TheCowSaidMoo:
Likalicious.:

Nope in the Warning Doucmentary they show her "attending" to the poor sound guy Wink

Mmkay. Embarassed I didnt know about that documentary.

Thanks Moo.
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
December 11th, 2006 at 11:54am
TheCowSaidMoo:
sampalletband:
TheCowSaidMoo:
Likalicious.:

Mmkay. Embarassed I didnt know about that documentary.

Thanks Moo.

Anytime.. Not a lot of folks know all the video and stuff that's floating around... We do have the vid in our Vid Forum somewhere in there Wink
Arctic Monkey_
Geek
Arctic Monkey_
December 11th, 2006 at 02:54pm
What are the ''The Ultimate Review'' DVD and the ''Collectors Box'' released this year?
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
December 11th, 2006 at 03:28pm
Tomek:
What are the ''The Ultimate Review'' DVD and the ''Collectors Box'' released this year?

I believe that it's just a complation of vids and whatnot... nothing OFFICAL or anything...
star-gazer93
Geek
star-gazer93
December 11th, 2006 at 04:39pm
Hey I have the original 1994 Dookie with ernie on the back and i was wondering...does anyone know how much its worth?
Santa Billie
Falling In Love With The Board
Santa Billie
December 11th, 2006 at 04:52pm
Tomek:

I have the Collector's Box. I recommend that you don't get it. It comes
with three EXTREMELY unofficial interviews/biographies and a few
postcards and a tiny poster.

The cds are a piece of crap, just random parts of interviews and in the
biography booklet they spell Billie's name wrong.

Eugh.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
December 11th, 2006 at 05:24pm
star-gazer93:
Hey I have the original 1994 Dookie with ernie on the back and i was wondering...does anyone know how much its worth?

£9.99?! XD

Is it Vinyl or just the regular CD? They all have Ernie on the back.. Shifty
star-gazer93
Geek
star-gazer93
December 11th, 2006 at 06:32pm
pearlyfrets:
star-gazer93:

£9.99?! XD

Is it Vinyl or just the regular CD? They all have Ernie on the back.. Shifty
No they took it off due to lawsuits. I have the original CD. Obviously you do too lol
Register