SHOW: The Colbert Report / The Daily Show

AuthorMessage
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
January 16th, 2008 at 02:32am
Shadow of a Doubt:
My favorite part from last night's episode was, "Fred Thompon is most like Ronald Reagan.........in bed." Or however they said it.

Oh I loved the whole Thompson thing. My friend and I were talking about him and things were brought up that could've been extended into the joke [my friend didn't watch last night's episode].

Stephen is a sexy man-beast, totally.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 22nd, 2008 at 04:29pm
That guy that wrote the book, Sex and Robots....wow. That was so weird. I think he was totally insane, but then again he could be right.
Franny.
Franny.
January 22nd, 2008 at 08:31pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
That guy that wrote the book, Sex and Robots....wow. That was so weird. I think he was totally insane, but then again he could be right.

I thought Stephen went too light on him =P But he was interesting...not a book I'd read though.

But Jon's guest a few episodes ago with Liberal Fascism...I am definitely readying that. He should go on the Report and see what Stephen has to say =P

I can't believe Conan is off this week. I wanted to see how the feud would play out. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here it is:

A little synopsis: Conan and Stephen are arguing about who helped Huckabee win/do so well. Conan has some sort of formula and Stephen has the Colbert Bump! Of course, I'm on Stephen's side [he's the running mate!], but it's a funny video.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 24th, 2008 at 04:57pm
Wow, yeah. I didn't know about that, but of course I'm on Stephen's side too. Smile
neen bean
Addict
neen bean

Blog
January 25th, 2008 at 10:24pm
I can't believe he got his portrait by the washrooms of that portrait museum place. lmfao

He's pretty awesome without his writers, btw. Coolio
Franny.
Franny.
January 26th, 2008 at 12:51am
zeenut the peanut:
I can't believe he got his portrait by the washrooms of that portrait museum place. lmfao

He's pretty awesome without his writers, btw. Coolio

There's a picture I saw where there's a HUGE line up leading towards the bathrooms, yet the bathrooms, according to someone working there, were quite empty =)

I agree actually, Jon and he are both fairing quite well even without writers. But I do want the writers to return because it's what the two wish for most. I loved the other night's episode with the Harlem Gospel Choir singing Go Down Moses. I've had it on repeat for awhile and I just can't stop singing it.

The one thing I was disappointed about last week was the lack of tosses. There were none! Zero! No talking between the two! Are they having a lover's quarrel are what? C'mon guys, reconcile so the fans can see you both together again =)
vivalarorya
vivalarorya
January 28th, 2008 at 10:47pm
Aleckz Aleckz Aleckz Aleckz

Okay. So. My mom and I have been discussing the possibility of Stephen in just....normal clothes, looking not all anchor-y. Annnnd I found this, had a heart attack.

Aaaaanyways. I personally prefer Stephen writer-less above Jon writer-less. I haven't been laughing quite as much at Jon anymore....but when Stephen comes on I sometimes cannot breathe. I've taken to getting up almost an hour earlier in the mornings so I can have time to watch the previous night's episode before school...

"Before I was so rudely interrupted...BY MAGIC!"

And I found the monumental sand sculpture quite cool. "The winner....the Republican party." And the gospel choir Moses thing was just........Stephen singing......Roxanne x10000000000

[/rambling]

[EDIT: Sorry for the huge-ness of the pic. -.-]
Franny.
Franny.
January 29th, 2008 at 06:41pm
Stephen in normal clothes is quite breathtaking =P

It's true Stephen is better writer-less than Jon, but there are a few reasons I thought of. The more obvious one is that Stephen is trained in improv whereas Jon is in stand-up [cheap laughs, no offence =P]. Stephen has a character, so whenever he's really acting in character, he's funny due to the improbability of half the things he says. Also, when he breaks character, it's much funnier as well.

Jon has always been straight forward with the news and rely really on small gimmicks. I think he's not trying as hard to show support for the writers. If his ratings soared, the producers would not pay as much attention to the writers.

I want to hear what both of them have to say about the State of the Union address from last night. Jon will be picking it apart of course and Stephen will probably praise every word =P But we shall see!

I shall leave you with another picture of Stephen not quite in his suit yet:
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 29th, 2008 at 08:39pm
I couldn't watch last night's episode because I don't have a TV anymore. Ok, I do but it's not mine it's my roommate's. I can't just turn on the TV. That means I'll miss tonight's episode too! omgno I might be able to catch it tomorrow though.

It's good to know I'm not that only one that thinks he's cute/hot/sexy. Whatever word you prefer. Very Happy
Franny.
Franny.
January 29th, 2008 at 08:46pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
I couldn't watch last night's episode because I don't have a TV anymore. Ok, I do but it's not mine it's my roommate's. I can't just turn on the TV. That means I'll miss tonight's episode too! omgno I might be able to catch it tomorrow though.

It's good to know I'm not that only one that thinks he's cute/hot/sexy. Whatever word you prefer. Very Happy

A total knock out? Yes, I agree Laughing For a man his age, he looks very good. I'm a lover of old men so I judge quite harshly and for Stephen to get a 'good' or 'knock out', it's quite a compliment =P

Download the episodes online! The episodes usually appear early the next day on isohunt.com [torrent site]. Comedycentral.com or Comedynetwork.com have the full episodes the next day as well. So there's no excuse to miss it =P If you can't access those and want to know what happened, message me and I will give you a summary if that's good enough =)
vivalarorya
vivalarorya
January 29th, 2008 at 09:39pm
Ohhhh yes, Stephen is quite a knockout....and that picture is just........Roxanne Roxanne Roxanne

[Several minutes later, I show my mom: "He's got that Colbert pose! The, I'm-too-sexy-for-my-shirt thing!"]

omgno That's horrible that you have to miss it! You must download them.

[And I agree, it's so much better when Stephen breaks character....]
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 29th, 2008 at 10:13pm
Ok, then I will definitely go online tomorrow and watch the new episode.

btw, I have a thing for old or older men too. Mostly middle-aged guys. I don't know why. tehe
Franny.
Franny.
January 29th, 2008 at 11:59pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
Ok, then I will definitely go online tomorrow and watch the new episode.

btw, I have a thing for old or older men too. Mostly middle-aged guys. I don't know why. tehe

I think we find maturity sexy =P

I'm Too Sexy (Stephen Style)
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 30th, 2008 at 12:24pm
OMG! That video was hilurious. lmfao

Oh, I got to see last nights episode. I'm glad saw it. It was very funny. Laughing
Franny.
Franny.
January 30th, 2008 at 06:32pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
OMG! That video was hilurious. lmfao

Oh, I got to see last nights episode. I'm glad saw it. It was very funny. Laughing

When I saw Jon I just knew they'd show that interview. I was laughing fits especially the interaction between Jon and Stephen. They make shaking hands funny! Laughing Also the toss, they didn't even say much to each other but I was laughing. They are definitely a dynamic duo and have great chemistry [I'm not suggesting anything here Wink]

Conan should definitely go on the show with Jon there as well, and they'll all talk it out. I can feel it coming and it's going to be awesome!
vivalarorya
vivalarorya
January 30th, 2008 at 08:57pm
ACK, I can't watch yesterday's episode....the DVR is doing something weird. I feel so deprived. Molly
Franny.
Franny.
January 30th, 2008 at 10:08pm
Everlongview.:
ACK, I can't watch yesterday's episode....the DVR is doing something weird. I feel so deprived. Molly

Fear not, I once again recommend [url=www.comedycentral.com]Comedy Central[/url] or [url=www.comedynetwork.ca]Comedy Network[/url]. They have the complete episodes there, have fun! =)
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
February 1st, 2008 at 12:37pm
I went on comedycentral.com to wait a video and it was screwing up my computer. It took me an hour before I could actually watch the video.

On the Daily Show I liked the Dirty Jobs: Campaign Edition. I love the show Dirty Jobs, so I thought that was very funny.
Franny.
Franny.
February 1st, 2008 at 08:36pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
I went on comedycentral.com to wait a video and it was screwing up my computer. It took me an hour before I could actually watch the video.

On the Daily Show I liked the Dirty Jobs: Campaign Edition. I love the show Dirty Jobs, so I thought that was very funny.

Traffic at comedy central is pretty bad I hear. I don't know if comedy network is available for americans, but there's less traffic there.

I love Jason Jones, he's an awesome correspondent. I hope Sam Bee is still able to do bits while she's pregnant, she's awesome too!

And yesterday's Report, was it awesome or what? Firstly Stephen is talking about oral sex and then his other guest calls him 'Bill' [O'Reilly for those who don't know]. That was classic, loved it!
vivalarorya
vivalarorya
February 1st, 2008 at 09:13pm
Ah, DVR is being good again. I can now watch. =D

[Which is good, 'cause I have dialup and thus it takes about an hour for just three minutes of a video to load. -.-]

I now want to make a googly-eyed clam.
Register