SHOW: The Colbert Report / The Daily Show

AuthorMessage
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
October 14th, 2007 at 02:17am
That is so rad! Very lovely drawing of the bracelet =)

Yay for you buying the book! With a discount though? *gasp* Stephen disapproves [but I say, good deal =P].

Be a hero and sign up over at www.makemeamerica.com. If you're not too busy, you can sign up to read a bit of the book and then send it in =) I haven't done mine yet...I should get on that =P
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 15th, 2007 at 04:21am
Franny.:
That is so rad! Very lovely drawing of the bracelet =)

Yay for you buying the book! With a discount though? *gasp* Stephen disapproves [but I say, good deal =P].

Be a hero and sign up over at www.makemeamerica.com. If you're not too busy, you can sign up to read a bit of the book and then send it in =) I haven't done mine yet...I should get on that =P

Actually I didn't get it for a discount. The discount was for people that a membership card to store. I don't have one.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 15th, 2007 at 04:42am

I don't know why but everytime you tell me I should do something, I do it. tehe

First, you told me I should buy the book and I did. Then you told me to join the website and I did. Laughing
Franny.
Franny.
October 16th, 2007 at 03:20am
Shadow of a Doubt:

I don't know why but everytime you tell me I should do something, I do it. tehe

First, you told me I should buy the book and I did. Then you told me to join the website and I did. Laughing

Awh, I feel special in a weird way =P Colbert fans stick together you know =P And wow, there's already 3000 something fans!? Insane haha. Here's mine:
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 16th, 2007 at 04:50am
You know it's funny because I don't even watch the show every night. Usually I caught it on re-runs. And half the time I don't see the whole show. I almost make it seem like I'm a hardcore fan, but I'm not.

Now, I feel so ashamed. Molly
Franny.
Franny.
October 16th, 2007 at 03:52pm
At least you still watch it albeit once in awhile. It's the thought that counts. I usually try to catch it at night [it's on at 12:30am here] but nowadays, school just tires me out so I watch it on CC in the morning. But I did watch last night [Kucinich and his pocket sized stuff haha] and now I'm tired as hell -_-"
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 16th, 2007 at 04:27pm
Yeah, usually I'm watching something else that I've seen a million times. But I usually forget it's on. I haven't watched it in a few days. Yeah, I didn't watch it last night so I have not idea wha your talking about.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 17th, 2007 at 04:35am
OMG! I was on linkinpark.com(since they are my second favorite band) and Chester(the lead singer) broke his wrist and everyone on the message board is like, "We should get him a wrist strong bracelet." lmfao
Franny.
Franny.
October 17th, 2007 at 07:54am
Shadow of a Doubt:
OMG! I was on linkinpark.com(since they are my second favorite band) and Chester(the lead singer) broke his wrist and everyone on the message board is like, "We should get him a wrist strong bracelet." lmfao

I haven't been on that site in forever. I used to be a massive fan of Linkin Park. I still like them, but I don't follow anything other than their music anymore. If someone gets a wriststrong bracelet, they should definitely try to find Chester and forfeit it to him.

And it's official [sort of] Stephen Colbert will be running for president! I haven't watched the toss yet, but it's the hottest topic right now. I wish him luck, although I'm torn on whether I want him to be president or keep doing the show...
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 17th, 2007 at 11:13pm
Franny.:
Shadow of a Doubt:

I haven't been on that site in forever. I used to be a massive fan of Linkin Park. I still like them, but I don't follow anything other than their music anymore. If someone gets a wriststrong bracelet, they should definitely try to find Chester and forfeit it to him.

And it's official [sort of] Stephen Colbert will be running for president! I haven't watched the toss yet, but it's the hottest topic right now. I wish him luck, although I'm torn on whether I want him to be president or keep doing the show...

Yeah, I saw that. Pretty exciting.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
October 20th, 2007 at 01:10am
I really ought to come in here more often, seeing as I watch pretty much every night. Laughing

I got I Am America! And my brother stole it from me and I don't know where it is now so I'm pretty annoyed. I need to go join www.makemeamerica.com now, I think.
Franny.
Franny.
October 20th, 2007 at 05:26am
Janie Jones:
I really ought to come in here more often, seeing as I watch pretty much every night. Laughing

I got I Am America! And my brother stole it from me and I don't know where it is now so I'm pretty annoyed. I need to go join www.makemeamerica.com now, I think.

Beat him up o_O I wouldn't let my brother touch my book so I sent him the audiobook instead. Too precious Laughing

Stephen and Anderson last night, I almost died of happiness Very Happy
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
October 21st, 2007 at 09:38pm
Franny.:
Janie Jones:

Beat him up o_O I wouldn't let my brother touch my book so I sent him the audiobook instead. Too precious Laughing

Stephen and Anderson last night, I almost died of happiness Very Happy

"Gentlemen, start your fanfiction engines..." ~~ ~~ Yeah, I think I was near death too.

Also, I really really wish I lived in South Carolina so I could vote for him for president. Cheese
Franny.
Franny.
October 22nd, 2007 at 06:43am
Janie Jones:

Also, I really really wish I lived in South Carolina so I could vote for him for president. Cheese

Me too! >.< I don't even live in the states, but I'm trying to politically influence as many people down there as I can [well the ones I know]. Unfortunately, none of them live in SC -_-" But I'm sure he'll win a delegate there. He's the favorite son afterall Laughing
Tami
Idiot
Tami

Blog
October 22nd, 2007 at 10:14pm
My friend is letting me borrow his book, even though it says not to lend it to people and have them buy their own copy.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 22nd, 2007 at 11:03pm
^ I love your sig!

I'm all confused.

Here's some people's comments online:

"Wait, on Larry King Live, he talked about the Stephen Colbert character and the Stephen Colbert himself. Who would become President? His chracter? Or his actual self? (really, I'm curious)"

^I was wondering the same thing.

"Will Stephen Colbert the person run? Or Stephen Colbert the character?
The person can run as a Democrat and the character as a Republican."

"He's totally kidding. Haven't you even figured out his schtick yet?? I mean he'd be a great pres. But come on people.. This is a joke. Colbert loves to yank his minions chains. He gets a kick out of it and you can tell he has a sense of humility about the masses of people/viewers who just jump at his every word. I'm fairly certain that this is him just taking the piss out of everybody."

^ I kind of agree with that person. Shifty

I'll be leaving now.

trk
Franny.
Franny.
October 23rd, 2007 at 05:06am
Shadow of a Doubt:
^ I love your sig!

I'm all confused.

Here's some people's comments online:

"Wait, on Larry King Live, he talked about the Stephen Colbert character and the Stephen Colbert himself. Who would become President? His chracter? Or his actual self? (really, I'm curious)"

It's his character who's running for president. He did an interview recently with Tim Russet on Meet the Press, and he pretty much stayed in character the whole time.

^I was wondering the same thing.

"Will Stephen Colbert the person run? Or Stephen Colbert the character?
The person can run as a Democrat and the character as a Republican."

The Democratic Stephen would definitely have to be a toned down version of his right-winged pundit character. I wouldn't say he, the real him, is a democrat though. He may share some liberal views...

"He's totally kidding. Haven't you even figured out his schtick yet?? I mean he'd be a great pres. But come on people.. This is a joke. Colbert loves to yank his minions chains. He gets a kick out of it and you can tell he has a sense of humility about the masses of people/viewers who just jump at his every word. I'm fairly certain that this is him just taking the piss out of everybody."

Everyone who knows about Stephen Colbert, both mand and character, knows this is pretty much a joke. He definitely is running for President in the state of South Carolina but he's not expecting to win of course. He probably wants to see how far he can make it and get the inside scoop durig Indecision 2008. To the people who don't know him, they'll think he's an idiot for attempting to run. I think this is going to be great, I really do. I want to see how many people will actually start taking him seriously. I'm totally behind him and his campaign. I'm pretty sure he already has the required signatures as well. Colbert'08!

^ I kind of agree with that person. Shifty

I'll be leaving now.

trk

Those are my views on the quotes. I'm not speaking on behalf of Stephen at all, but those are the conclusions I've come to so far.

Unfortunately there's a break this week [due to his many appearances elsewhere] but hopefully by next week, he'll have entered the race officially officially [paper work done and all] and will be announcing his running mate [I'm sooo hoping for Anderson Laughing]
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 23rd, 2007 at 09:02pm
Good. I was all like, "You guys are going to hate me."
Tami
Idiot
Tami

Blog
October 23rd, 2007 at 10:12pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
^ I love your sig!

mine?
Franny.
Franny.
October 24th, 2007 at 07:06am
Shadow of a Doubt:
Good. I was all like, "You guys are going to hate me."

Awh never! *ehugs*

*sigh* No new episodes this week *sigh* I'm watching Strangers With Candy to pass my spare time [which I don't really have but I force it =P]. I recommend Stephen Colbert fans to watch! Instead of angry right-wing pundit, he's an angry not very right-wing teacher. If you watch it, you'll know why he's not right-wing Laughing
Register