SHOW: The Colbert Report / The Daily Show

AuthorMessage
Janie Jones
Falling In Love With The Board
Janie Jones
December 17th, 2007 at 05:30pm
Franny.:
Shadow of a Doubt:
So, I guess nothing new has happened. Right?

Your guess is correct. *sigh* For awhile there was good news, but then it turned sour again. All I know is that Stephen is appearing in South Carolina for a special event. Jon has been doing some stand up [I can see the grey tshirt now =P]. We need some satire!! I'm dying here!!

Although, the government is satirizing themselves really. I laugh at the news everyday, honestly. Dana Perino recently spoke on NPR and admitted to not knowing much about the Cuban Missile Crisis. That's like recent history! You study it in high school! How can you not know? It's...sad really. I really respected her too.

Oh right, the Oprah and Obama thing is funny too. Seriously, if Obama manages to win, his running mate will be Oprah. Then she'll influence him as much as Cheney has influenced Bush, and we know how that turned out.

I'm no Colbert, but I could attempt to bring the news and the humour that comes along with it to you, the people =) Everyone should contribute as well! It shall be joyous.

YESSS. It can't be that hard to make the news ridiculous, they really do satirize themselves. I'd be glad to contribute to a noble cause like this =]
Franny.
Franny.
December 18th, 2007 at 01:05am
School has been swallowing up all my free time lately so I haven't gotten around to writing anything yet, but I will attempt to soon!

As for real news, Letterman is hoping to come back on air in early January. Here's the article
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
December 19th, 2007 at 12:19am
Ah yeah, I heard about Letterman...and Conan O'Brien's coming back too, isn't he? I heard that somewhere, that he was going to come back but purposely not be funny. Or something.

*continues rocking back and forth in corner*
Franny.
Franny.
December 19th, 2007 at 06:37am
Janie Jones:
Ah yeah, I heard about Letterman...and Conan O'Brien's coming back too, isn't he? I heard that somewhere, that he was going to come back but purposely not be funny. Or something.

Leno and Conan are coming back for sure on January 2nd [I'm pretty sure it's the 2nd =P]
Franny.
Franny.
December 19th, 2007 at 06:37am
Janie Jones:

Double posted but I might as well say something else =P

Ok so Comedy Central has not yet made a decision as to whether or not the Daily Show or the Colbert Report will return early 08 like the other late night shows [unfortunately].

Maybe some more bad news...but it must be known. The writers can't start writing for the Oscars or Golden Globes because the WGA denied it. It does make sense, but Jon is hosting the Oscars! We want him to do well!!
Franny.
Franny.
December 23rd, 2007 at 05:12am
The decision has been made. The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are coming back January 7th with or without writers [most likely without]. Neither Jon nor Stephen has made a statement, and I'm thinking because they're not agreeing with going back on air without the writers.

I'm excited about them coming back, but saddened because they'd be forced to cross the line. But it'll be interesting to see what the shows will do without their writers.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
December 24th, 2007 at 07:28pm
I swear I already replied to this, but maybe GSB ate it...

I'm really glad they're coming back, but I almost hope they're not funny on purpose just out of solidarity with the writers. Or maybe they'll just protest on the air, that'd be fun.
Franny.
Franny.
December 25th, 2007 at 12:40am
Janie Jones:
I swear I already replied to this, but maybe GSB ate it...

I'm really glad they're coming back, but I almost hope they're not funny on purpose just out of solidarity with the writers. Or maybe they'll just protest on the air, that'd be fun.

I'm thinking that's what they'll do. I'm really excited for whatever they'll do. I've been without them for way too long [watching old episodes doesn't have as much of a zing].

Recently, Condie was at a Capitals game [no no, they didn't hold it at the White House, so yes, she does have permission to leave once in awhile]. Unfortunately, she had to watch the Montreal Canadiens put a cap in the...Cap's ass...So anyway, Condie, if you want to come over to the winning side to be our Secretary of State, give us a few months to create the position and you're hired!
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
December 25th, 2007 at 06:26am
I got the Best of The Colbert Report for Christmas! I can't wait to watch it!
And I got a Wrist Strong Bracelet. Retard

Yay! The show is coming back. It will be interesting to see it without the writers.
Franny.
Franny.
December 26th, 2007 at 12:53am
Shadow of a Doubt:
I got the Best of The Colbert Report for Christmas! I can't wait to watch it!
And I got a Wrist Strong Bracelet. Retard

Yay! The show is coming back. It will be interesting to see it without the writers.

I soo want a WristStrong bracelet!! Lucky!

I wish all you Colbert-fans a very Merry Christmas and a Happier New Year! [since Stephen will be back =)]
Franny.
Franny.
January 5th, 2008 at 03:26pm
I totally haven't been in this thread in a long time! I hope no one has forgotten about Stephen! He will be back in two days! Even though he won't have his writers with him, Jon is apparently trying to make an interm deal with them like Letterman did with his.

They do care about their writers so I really wish people would stop bashing them for coming back on air without writers. I really have missed them though. It's unfortunate that when they do come back, school starts for me and I haven't done any of my homework -_-"

I'm really concerned though about what they'll do on their shows. Leno is really under fire by the WGA after having written his own monologue. Stephen can improv, but there's probably a rule against that as well. Maybe he should just tumble with his building manager Tad Laughing

As for Jon, he started off in as a stand up comedian. But that requires written material...so I wonder what he can do...Oh! He and Stephen should just have a conversation toss-style the whole show. People would still watch and it shouldn't be breaking any rules.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
January 5th, 2008 at 09:23pm
Franny.:
I totally haven't been in this thread in a long time! I hope no one has forgotten about Stephen! He will be back in two days! Even though he won't have his writers with him, Jon is apparently trying to make an interm deal with them like Letterman did with his.

They do care about their writers so I really wish people would stop bashing them for coming back on air without writers. I really have missed them though. It's unfortunate that when they do come back, school starts for me and I haven't done any of my homework -_-"

I'm really concerned though about what they'll do on their shows. Leno is really under fire by the WGA after having written his own monologue. Stephen can improv, but there's probably a rule against that as well. Maybe he should just tumble with his building manager Tad Laughing

As for Jon, he started off in as a stand up comedian. But that requires written material...so I wonder what he can do...Oh! He and Stephen should just have a conversation toss-style the whole show. People would still watch and it shouldn't be breaking any rules.

Aaah, that'd be perfect! I love watching them just banter about random things. I don't know if they could do it for the full hour though Think They could have all the correspondents come in too and just have an unscripted discussion of whatever happens to come up, I'd watch that. Laughing
Franny.
Franny.
January 6th, 2008 at 03:35am
Janie Jones:
Franny.:

Aaah, that'd be perfect! I love watching them just banter about random things. I don't know if they could do it for the full hour though Think They could have all the correspondents come in too and just have an unscripted discussion of whatever happens to come up, I'd watch that. Laughing

Totally! I would love to see John Oliver and Stephen banter about something, I can sense there would be some heat. But John is a writer and he completely supports them, I doubt he'd cross the line to do his duties if the show doesn't have a deal with the WGA.

I thought of another one! [yes, that's what I do in my spare time =P] Stephen should just play [with] his Wii! It was amusing the first time around [I never actually got to see the episode, only clips] and I'd love for him to do it again. Guitar Hero would be very cool too!

I hope either Jon or Stephen has something prepared though. Like what Conan had with the whole backstage thing during the strike, I would love to see it.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 8th, 2008 at 10:07am
So, what did you think of the show??? The beginning was hilurious, with everyone applauding for like 5 minutes. I thought the show was pretty funny. I missed hearing the Word though. Sad
Franny.
Franny.
January 8th, 2008 at 07:17pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
So, what did you think of the show??? The beginning was hilurious, with everyone applauding for like 5 minutes. I thought the show was pretty funny. I missed hearing the Word though. Sad

I thought the show was great. He stayed in character and spoke as if he had a script [all those years at Second City must've done him well =P]. The crowd was 'okay' Laughing I loved his toss with Jon though. Those two are so adorkable =)

Daily Show was awesome too. Jon was himself and really informed people while staying funny. Favorite quote of the night "Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers...or NAMBLA" LOL! I love that ongoing joke, it never gets old.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 8th, 2008 at 09:08pm
Yeah, I actually watch the Daily Show. I have never watched a whole episode of it before. It was really funny though.
Franny.
Franny.
January 12th, 2008 at 02:46am
I was disappointed that there were only two tosses. I thought they'd do one every night to fill up some time [for 'a' daily show anyway].

I love that they're back but I almost wish they would come back on air a month later. Then I wouldn't be piled with homework and not doing it at midnight because I'm watching tv =P My fault really but still, I can't not stay up for the shows!
vivalarorya
vivalarorya
January 14th, 2008 at 10:32pm
OH HELL YES STEPHEN IS AMAZING. Aleckz
I find him hot; my mom finds me crazy.

The first '08 episode absolutely cracked me up. I can't bring myself to delete it from the DVR...xD Especially the beginning, with the audience spazzing for an hour...and what I find funny is that the next night, when they showed it again, they cut out the entire thing and just showe d a screen that said "TWO MINUTES LATER" and it got to when the audience shut up.

"He thinks he's running for the mayor of Who-ville!"

God I love Stephen.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
January 15th, 2008 at 07:34pm
Everlongview.:
OH HELL YES STEPHEN IS AMAZING. Aleckz
I find him hot; my mom finds me crazy.

The first '08 episode absolutely cracked me up. I can't bring myself to delete it from the DVR...xD Especially the beginning, with the audience spazzing for an hour...and what I find funny is that the next night, when they showed it again, they cut out the entire thing and just showe d a screen that said "TWO MINUTES LATER" and it got to when the audience shut up.

"He thinks he's running for the mayor of Who-ville!"

God I love Stephen.

I find him hot and my mother agrees Shifty my house is a crazy place to be.

Laughing I know, I half thought he was just going to let them applaud for twenty minutes and call it a show. Wouldn't put it past him.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 15th, 2008 at 10:46pm
My favorite part from last night's episode was, "Fred Thompon is most like Ronald Reagan.........in bed." Or however they said it.
Register