The Carling Weekend : Leeds and Reading

AuthorMessage
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
April 22nd, 2009 at 01:25pm
Faith No More?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!!!!! Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
Angelic Fruitcake
Falling In Love With The Board
Angelic Fruitcake
April 22nd, 2009 at 03:18pm
Where's that from? : O

Ooooh, some of lock-up announced soon, apparently.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
April 23rd, 2009 at 07:18am
Yesterday I went on their official website and Reading and Leeds were listed under their tour dates.

I think Download got them to take them down because they want people to think that they're the only ones who've got them to play this year. Apparently they'll be headlining the Radio 1/NME stage on the Friday at Reading and on Sunday at Leeds.

I so hope its true. I'll be seeing them at Download anyway, but twice in one summer when I thought I'd never ever see them is pretty amazing.
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
April 26th, 2009 at 07:45am
Eee, I'd love to see them. Though I worry about clashes until every band has been announced.

Can you remember when the alternative stage lineup was announced last year?
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
April 26th, 2009 at 10:26am
Apparently its being announced next week on BBC Radio 1 on Mike Davies' show or something.

Just went and researched it. 2-4am on Tuesday Mornings. I have an exam on Tuesday at 9am so screw staying up for that -_-

Sounds like a good show though, lots of punk music. May have to listen once my exams are over Very Happy
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
June 20th, 2009 at 12:06pm
The Living End, Spinnerette, Metric, The Horrors, Dinosaur Pile Up, and White Denim, OM NOM NOM. Roxanne
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
June 20th, 2009 at 12:18pm
Marmaduke Duke, White Denim and Broken Records. Excellent.

And Faith No More too, told you so XD
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
June 20th, 2009 at 12:57pm
tehe

Did you say before that you queued up to get your ticket?
If so, do you have to collect them on the 1st? Or can you go get them any day after?
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
June 21st, 2009 at 06:30am
Nah I bought them online after 9 hours of hitting F5.

Check on the Reading forum if you're unsure.
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
June 21st, 2009 at 07:23am
Ah, I see.

I just checked my ticket / voucher thing again, it says 'from August 1st', didn't notice that before. tehe
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
August 14th, 2009 at 08:19am
Got my ticket!

And and alternative stage lineup is up!
Tim Minchin <3
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
August 15th, 2009 at 08:00am
Got my coach ticket today Con

I pick my proper ticket up halfway along the motorway.
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
August 18th, 2009 at 06:42am
I think a couple of us are going to have get the bus thing from Leeds up to brahman park, might be a bit of nightmare. : /
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
August 19th, 2009 at 10:44am
The Village Kink:
I just looked at the line-up, usual boring shite. I AM SICK OF KINGS OF LEON.

Radiohead, Prodigy, Deftones, Municipal Waste, Frank Turner, Faith No More, Marmaduke Duke, Ian Brown, Placebo, Brand New, Dananananaykroyd, Billy Talent, Anti Flag, Alexisonfire, The Bronx, Rise Against, Leftover Crack, Dinosaur Pile-Up, 65Daysofstatic, Lovvers, White Denim, In Case of Fire, Streetlight Manifesto.

Yes, definitely usual boring shite. If you'd have cared to take a proper look at the line-up rather than one or two bands you don't like then you wouldn't have just been shown up by me.

Ta ta.
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
August 19th, 2009 at 04:27pm
lul win.

White Denim are absolutely something else, I'm so glad I discovered them.
I've been waiting bloody years to see Placebo. OMGyes
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
August 20th, 2009 at 07:08am
You guys are morons. You really really are. I've seen some cunts post mindless dribble on this site before, but this is right down there with the worst.

I'm not even going to bother arguing with you over musical matters because I don't argue with witless cretins with absolutely no clue of what they're on about.

But basically, if you're not going to Reading or Leeds or have any interest in the bands playing other than to slag them off in ways that make it seem like you've had a complete lobotomy, fuck off this thread and go masturbate over your extra super rare Shins vinyl. Idiots.
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
August 20th, 2009 at 08:30am
Penelope Cheapskate:
Anyway, i've never been to a festival in my life but if I ever did it would not be this one.

Pretty ridiculous to pass judgment on something you clearly don't know much about. Hm.

I suppose you're both off to find the thread of a band you dislike and inform everyone in there of how awful you think they are now.
Utterly pointless.
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
August 20th, 2009 at 02:39pm
Penelope Cheapskate:
Angelic Fruitcake:
Penelope Cheapskate:
Anyway, i've never been to a festival in my life but if I ever did it would not be this one.

Pretty ridiculous to pass judgment on something you clearly don't know much about. Hm.

Not really. I don't have to visit Spain if I wanted to know about it. I could read a book about Spain. I don't have to have a pet dog to know about dogs.

Just like I don't have to go to a festival to know what goes on. And hey, ho, you can't say I haven't been constructive.

(-:

Pass judgement, I said.
Knowing about dogs or Spain isn't the same as saying you'd never go to Spain because you think it might be awful and overcrowded or that you'd never have pet dog because you assume they'd be unhygienic and messy.

How is childishly slagging off a festival in a thread intended really for discussion mostly between those planning to go constructive in any way?
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
August 21st, 2009 at 09:13am
Anyway, back on topic. Just ignore their idiotic ramblings from now on.

I am about to go out and get myself a new camping chair, some tinned food and as much energy drink as I can carry.

Getting pretty excited now tehe
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
August 21st, 2009 at 11:52am
We're going to survive on waffles, chocolate spread, and oranges I think. And vodka. I think maybe I need to buy some other sort of food lolol.

Ahh, me too!
Need to clean my wellies, they're still slightly covered in last years' mud. Coolio
Register