Show: Torchwood.

AuthorMessage
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
July 10th, 2009 at 05:46pm
Gwen didn't make me want to kill her until Day Five.

Amazing.
The Doctor.
The Doctor.
July 10th, 2009 at 05:58pm
great series, ruined with an awful ending.
there can't be a series 4, they're gonna have to rename it 'the gwen show'
wish she had died instead of ianto. xD

ah well. D:
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 10th, 2009 at 05:58pm
Why did you want to kill Gwen today?

I thought she was pretty bearable throughout the whole lot tbh. Though I'm a bit gutted that out of all the Torchwood lot, she's the only one left. >_<

Loved Andy getting involved though, that was epic. And Ianto's brother in law. He is such a sweetie.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
July 10th, 2009 at 06:03pm
I don't know, she began to really get on my nerves again.
The Doctor.
The Doctor.
July 10th, 2009 at 06:03pm
Yeah, ianto's brother in law was amazing.
xD
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 10th, 2009 at 06:04pm
Bah, she tends to do that I suppose.

What was the stuff with Ianto telling Gwen his dad was a master tailor but actually he worked in Debenhams. Not quite sure I got that. Was it just him being ashamed of his Dad or was there something else there?
Diskoh
Falling In Love With The Board
Diskoh

Mibba
July 10th, 2009 at 06:08pm
Guess we'll never know...
DUNDUNDUUUUN.

Unless they have the Ianto chronicles, rofl.
dramamine;
King For A Couple Of Days
dramamine;

Mibba Blog
July 11th, 2009 at 04:06am
I tried watching Day four of Children of Earth this morning but my parents were being so annoying and talking over it that I missed half of it D:
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
July 11th, 2009 at 08:04am
Just seen it.
Oh, my.
Christ, I can bet some of those who said TW was just a kid's show only with swearing and shagging are considering rethinking now.

I only realised afterwards I think I was trembling a little for most of it, it was devastating. Also possibly the best bit of new telly in ages.

And they should stop, now. I think that should be it, in the same way part of me probably knew they shouldn't bring Ianto back after day four. I loved him so very dearly, and I'd miss Torchwood, but bringing him back would spoil how beautifully heartbreaking his last scene was, and that last episode was set up exactly like the end. And the possibility of a Torchwood without Jack? With a whole new team, Gwen as leader? Bloody hell, no thanks. It just wouldn't be right.

Gwen was fab this series, for once I didn't hate her.
Until the very last few minutes of day five. Come on, Gwen. In what way have you actually lost alot from all of this? Yeah, she's lost another of her friends -possibly two if Jack won't be coming back-, which is obviously devastating for anyone. And probably a lot of faith in humanity. But god, to be honest I'd say she got off easy. And she gets to be in the one in floods of tears at the end. I don't buy it, sorry.

Oh and I love Peter Capaldi even more now. tehe
My god, that scene where he shot himself and his wife and daughters to save them as Bridget told Lois how much of a good man he was; that was up there with the miltary plucking children off the streets as one of grimmest scenes in the whole thing. And when the prime minister simply told him he was very sorry and very busy after informing him his own children were to be 'part of the process'. I was tearing up.

And I'm so proud of Andy, even if he failed miserably lmfao
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 11th, 2009 at 08:22am
Oh Andy was spectacular. He didn't fail miserably, he bopped a few of the soldiers. I think that was possibly one of the best scenes, all those fathers fighting for their kids. They say they wanna get rid of the lowest achieving ten percent but fuck, that shows how they're still kids and GOOD people because they love their children so much and that scene got it across so well.

When Peter Capaldi closed that bedroom door I was just like 'I don't wanna hear the gunshots, I don't wanna hear the gun shots' and then it was BANG, BANG, BANG..........................BANG!

It was horrible, but very, very well done. Whoever the director of this series was, I think they did an amazing job. The writers too, I think this was waaaaaaaay better than last series.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
July 11th, 2009 at 08:39am
I was sat in shock at Peter Capaldi's final scene, I can't believe how deliciously dark Torchwood managed to get and I LOVED IT. Maybe this is paving the way for The Moff to take over Doctor Who, haha. Sorry kids, you can't watch DW anymore - there's too much psychological horror in it.
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
July 11th, 2009 at 08:40am
Yeahhh, bless you Andy. OMGyes
When he tore off his police jacket I was like "YESSSSSS!" in my head.

This series, that last episode in particular, was the best Torchwood has ever been. It's going to take me awhile to be able to want to watch old episodes I think, at least without crying for our Yan, comparing them to the masterpieces that were series 3, and considering what happens with Jack in the end.

Isn't he supposed to be in some DW eps?
I suppose he meets The Doctor on both their travels.
I hope he gets to say goodbye to ten. Molly

Peardrops:
Maybe this is paving the way for The Moff to take over Doctor Who, haha. Sorry kids, you can't watch DW anymore - there's too much psychological horror in it.

Mwahahahaha!
Don't hassle the Moff or he'll haunt you with the state of humanity in a TW sort of way in new who foreverrr.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 11th, 2009 at 08:46am
Psychological horror is the only kind of horror worth watching and I'm way too excited for Mr Moffat.

Andy tearing off his stab vest and that was the best thing I've ever seen in my life. It was so macho that I actually squeed a little bit! Hahaha.

I don't really go back to watch old TW episodes. The only one I've ever watched more than once was Countrycide, but apart from that, I don't tend to go back.

I need the last goodbye between 10 and Jack. I'll be so upset if we don't get it. I will actually be really really sad. And I hope we get to see him with 11 as well.

I want to see how Jack turns for hawt to a giant face. I'm curious about that one.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
July 11th, 2009 at 09:30am
Yeah, especially since Jack can apparently regrow himself.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 11th, 2009 at 10:01am
I don't really know what i was expecting with the bomb thing. Maybe for all his seperate bits to shoot back together like iron filings go to a magnet or something like that.
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
July 11th, 2009 at 10:36am
Omg that would have been osm though.

Jack's bloody regrown corpse screaming back to life looked more terrifying in the trailers. tehe
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 11th, 2009 at 10:49am
I never saw any of the trailers, I just saw a little critic's choice thing in the tv mag about 7 o'clock on Monday and thought 'ooh, Jack!'.
Ashleytotherescue!
Idiot
Ashleytotherescue!

Mibba
July 11th, 2009 at 05:33pm
Flaming Phalanges!:

Loved Andy getting involved though, that was epic. And Ianto's brother in law. He is such a sweetie.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
July 11th, 2009 at 06:16pm
Ashleytotherescue!:
Flaming Phalanges!:

OY OY GAY BOY!
HEARD YOU'RE TAKING IT UP THE ARSE!
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 11th, 2009 at 06:34pm
LOL

I didn't like him then, but once you got to know him a bit more you learn to love him.

That bit where he's like 'we're the only family he's got'. I fell in love with him then I think.
Register