RULES – read before submitting a poem or posting a reply

AuthorMessage
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda
King For A Couple Of Days
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda

Mibba
December 9th, 2006 at 11:18am
About the bumping rule that you just pointed out to someone else...that only mentions dead threads. I think that sometimes it is necessary to give your poem an extra boost because, well, the poetry forum is one of the least used forums. Once your poem gets to the next page, it's usually gone. Forever. Wouldn't you be a bit upset if your poem didn't get any replies and was sent on its way? Just a thought because it pisses me off. Very Happy
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
December 9th, 2006 at 11:28am
Electrocore Panda.:
About the bumping rule that you just pointed out to someone else...that only mentions dead threads. I think that sometimes it is necessary to give your poem an extra boost because, well, the poetry forum is one of the least used forums. Once your poem gets to the next page, it's usually gone. Forever. Wouldn't you be a bit upset if your poem didn't get any replies and was sent on its way? Just a thought because it pisses me off. Very Happy

Five
What's in a name?
What's in a name?

Mibba
December 9th, 2006 at 12:43pm
Ellaisonfire:
Electrocore Panda.:

Five

Pssh Ella, you told me not to bump my poems once when I wanted comments long ago Wink

Yeah, ok. I guess that actually only would be fair. Very Happy
I’ll just have to tweak rule one so that people will know it’s ok.
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
January 1st, 2007 at 06:58pm
nice rules, easy to follow
Toxic Narcotic
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
January 1st, 2007 at 07:05pm
well, I think we all needed this...thanx
havingablast_greenday
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
havingablast_greenday
January 2nd, 2007 at 01:00am
I have a question. Can you give a full crit to the poems? Like line by line, giving suggestions, pointing out anything weak, I mean really critiqueing things. I haven't seen any of it done on here, and I'm afraid to do so if I can't.
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda

Mibba
January 2nd, 2007 at 02:40pm
^ Yes, in fact it is very welcome. We try to encourage analysis.
havingablast_greenday
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
havingablast_greenday
January 2nd, 2007 at 08:56pm
You sure? People wouldn't be offended. Not that I'm going to be a bitch about it, but no one would be offended or have their feelings hurt? I mean, I wouldn't want to do that if they were only looking for general comments.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 3rd, 2007 at 06:03am
havingablast_greenday:
You sure? People wouldn't be offended. Not that I'm going to be a bitch about it, but no one would be offended or have their feelings hurt? I mean, I wouldn't want to do that if they were only looking for general comments.

Trust me. You should. When someone posts a poem on here, they're opening it up to all sorts of critique and comments. If they don't like it, they can take it off the site. And while you're at it, take a look at my poem *shameless self-adverstisement*

It's called "If This Is What You Want, Then Fire At Will". Also, take a look at the poems from this fortnights GSB Writer's Circle. Critique all the poems for "Faith" And submit something if you can. It'll be awesome.
What's in a name?
What's in a name?

Mibba
January 4th, 2007 at 01:27pm
Cactus in your pants:
nice rules, easy to follow

FlyingTIGER:
well, I think we all needed this...thanx

Thanks you two Smile

havingablast_greenday:
I have a question. Can you give a full crit to the poems? Like line by line, giving suggestions, pointing out anything weak, I mean really critiqueing things. I haven't seen any of it done on here, and I'm afraid to do so if I can't.

Of course you can. As they’re telling you, that’s in fact encouraged. Posting a poem here means that you’re open to criticism. So you can go ahead and do what you described. The only thing that wouldn’t be allowed is: “this suck!” etc. But I’m sure you wouldn’t write such things Smile
Tyler Durden
Jackass
Tyler Durden

Blog
January 21st, 2007 at 06:26pm
ok, so i wrote a song i want critiqued. should i put it on here? should i start a new topic and post it there? is there a specific place to put lyrics?

i know i asked a lot of questions, but i just wanna know so i don't get my stuff shut down like they were on the Tre board.

Smile
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda

Mibba
January 21st, 2007 at 07:10pm
onethousandsmoothed:
ok, so i wrote a song i want critiqued. should i put it on here? should i start a new topic and post it there? is there a specific place to put lyrics?

i know i asked a lot of questions, but i just wanna know so i don't get my stuff shut down like they were on the Tre board.

Smile
Yes, make a separate topic for it, using the title as your topic title. All lyrics and poems go right in here. Very Happy
What's in a name?
What's in a name?

Mibba
January 22nd, 2007 at 07:07am
Electrocore Panda.:
onethousandsmoothed:

Smile
Yes, make a separate topic for it, using the title as your topic title. All lyrics and poems go right in here. Very Happy

*nods* Just remember to not post too many poems at a time Smile
StAttic6
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
StAttic6
April 7th, 2007 at 04:18pm
Question: If I was going to post recordings of original music I did, would I do that here or what? Technically lyrics are poetry after all...
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda

Mibba
April 7th, 2007 at 05:04pm
I'm not exactly sure, but I know it wouldn't be locked if you had the lyrics in the topic and then maybe a link to the song. Just make sure to follow any other rules and you'll be fine.
Servatis A Maleficum
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Servatis A Maleficum

Blog
April 8th, 2007 at 08:36am
Chris: Go ahead. I'm going to do the same. Very Happy
What's in a name?
What's in a name?

Mibba
April 8th, 2007 at 02:35pm
StAttic6:
Question: If I was going to post recordings of original music I did, would I do that here or what? Technically lyrics are poetry after all...
Yeah, that's fine. Just post the lyrics as well Smile.
paper heart.
Geek
paper heart.

Blog
June 18th, 2007 at 10:25am
How do you know wether your poetry complies to the rules?
Im not sure of mine, yet do not want to get banned for posting ill-written poetry
i have posted some on mibba, but want differnt view points of feedback
is there any such rule to distinguish wether your poetry is in the clear to be posted?
sorry this is random i know ._.
What's in a name?
What's in a name?

Mibba
June 19th, 2007 at 08:23am
paper heart:
How do you know wether your poetry complies to the rules?
Im not sure of mine, yet do not want to get banned for posting ill-written poetry
i have posted some on mibba, but want differnt view points of feedback
is there any such rule to distinguish wether your poetry is in the clear to be posted?
sorry this is random i know ._.
As long as the poem is yours, is finished (meaning it’s a complete poem), hasn’t’ been posted before and isn’t prose there should be no problem. That’s all you have to keep in mind when posting a poem. If you have an unfinished one you can post it in the Mentor Thread.

So that’s how you know if your poem complies with the rules. There is no rule to distinguish whether your poetry is in the clear to be posted, you just have to make sure that your poem pass the criterias above. Ill-written poetry isn’t against the rules. Sure bad grammar, spelling and so on can be annoying but it is of course allowed. Hope that answers your questions ^_^
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
September 12th, 2007 at 03:53pm
If we post a poem on here but then edit it, to maybe even an extreme, are we able to re-post it? The edit button is no longer there.
Register