Was Hitler a weak or strong dictator? Did he do any good?

AuthorMessage
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
December 18th, 2009 at 05:10pm
Wow.

Yeah, I wasn't saying you were wrong or that you don't know anything. I was saying that you need to take certain things into account. People are GOING to challenge what you say in a debate, that's pretty much the DEFINITION of a debate. It's up to you to create a substantial argumant based on their argument, causing them to retaliate until one drops out.

I put my ideas and opinions on Hitler, you put yours, and they clash horribly. It is my job to challenge you to support your side, as well as your job to do the same to me. It is also each of our jobs to understand and read through the other's argument, otherwise this is just a really bad debate.

He knew he was killing them and he did it on purpose. It was part of his plan.

Your move.
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
December 18th, 2009 at 07:16pm
Obviously you think I am stupid if you feel need to explain the pricibles of a debate to me.

I am just saying that I don't think that going into WWII that Hitler thought "Lets kill the Jews!"
I think that it later on came, leading up,
Okay?
You say that, that is all that his speeches and what not were about,
But you have no NO, proof of that,
And you never will,
Sure you can give me qoutes, but most of those came later after the fact.
He was just a very devoted soldier in WWI
And a strong leader in WWII,
Though he had his obvious weaknesses.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
December 18th, 2009 at 07:25pm
I have one thing to say to you: Actually, it would be three words: Mein. Fucking. Kampf!

It doesn't matter if that was after the fact or not, he wrote that explaining everything he did and why he did it. And he definitely meant it, because he wrote the book before the war.

... That was my friend Kevin's opinion, copied verbatim. I've got a very similar one, but mine's much more polite.
kuragari teishu
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kuragari teishu
December 19th, 2009 at 01:32pm
this would be the friend kevin and yeah those were my exact words and i stick by them

because hitler was an evil man and he planned out everyting he did, and i know this is repeating a lttle so dont call me out on it, but even if he started with good intensions they got horribly fucked up and he did all this on fucking purpose
Jesse Lacey
Post Whore
Jesse Lacey

Mibba Blog
December 19th, 2009 at 05:25pm
kuragari teishu:
this would be the friend kevin and yeah those were my exact words and i stick by them

because hitler was an evil man and he planned out everyting he did, and i know this is repeating a lttle so dont call me out on it, but even if he started with good intensions they got horribly fucked up and he did all this on fucking purpose
I agree
SARAnade
SARAnade
December 22nd, 2009 at 06:46pm
good dictator, in the sense that his tactics were effective. cleary, since he convinced NATIONS to agree with his vision and follow him in making this vision a reality. however. i think the majority of people can agree that although he was convincing as an orator and as a leader, the way he used these strengths certainly accomplished nothing but horror. to this day his deeds should be remembered and never, ever be repeated.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
December 23rd, 2009 at 01:13pm
^ I agreee.
Slipper
Geek
Slipper
January 31st, 2010 at 02:57pm
Nice, whe are learning about Hitler in school. Wink
The D-Cup Wonder!!
The D-Cup Wonder!!

Mibba
February 18th, 2010 at 06:54pm
Technically, he dragged Germany kicking and screaming out of the Depression, and they were the first country out of it. So yeah until 1937, he was okay.
After that he went crazy and started killing everybody.
if he was assassinated in like, 1936ish, he would have been known as one of the world's greatest leaders, wouldn't he?
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
May 9th, 2010 at 05:03pm
The D-Cup Wonder!!:
Technically, he dragged Germany kicking and screaming out of the Depression, and they were the first country out of it. So yeah until 1937, he was okay.
After that he went crazy and started killing everybody.
if he was assassinated in like, 1936ish, he would have been known as one of the world's greatest leaders, wouldn't he?
That is true. It kinda makes you wonder, like all the other great 'what if's of history.

But he was still Anti-semitic since he was a kid. If you've read Mein Kampf, you understand. He hated EVERYONE. Then again, he did like children, which was nice. Still, he can burn in hell 100 years for every person whose death he caused, and it still wouldn't be enough.
IKnowTheEnemy
Idiot
IKnowTheEnemy
May 10th, 2010 at 07:35pm
my views on hilter

if he would had died before the invasion of poland. he would have died a hero

in general i would say he was a strong dictator. but had flaws and some crazy ideas about people Wink
Batman.
Falling In Love With The Board
Batman.
May 16th, 2010 at 07:43pm
He was a strong dictator but he wasn't very beneficial to us
St.Billie.
Idiot
St.Billie.
August 13th, 2010 at 06:58am
in my opinion the guy was pure evil. but he was definitely not weak. he was able to influent thousands of people.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
August 15th, 2010 at 04:56pm
St.Billie.:
in my opinion the guy was pure evil. but he was definitely not weak. he was able to influent thousands of people.
everytime i hear of people saying he was pure evil... i mean, he wasn't alone - he wasn't the person who pulled the triggers or performed horrible experiments on children. and he never started the whole anti-semitic thing, it was very common in the 1920s and long before that. martin luther even made a whole book about it in 1543.

i mean, i don't agree with what he stands for, not at all, but there were so many people right there behind him, and not because they were scared of him, but because they supported him and his values.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
October 1st, 2010 at 08:15pm
First of, after reading some of what I wrote last year,
I want to say sorry,
Because I don't agree with all of what I said anymore,
I still look up to his sbilities,
But the whole "People died, get over t thing"
I can't believe I really said that..

iDirnt.:
He was a strong dictator but he wasn't very beneficial to us

I think he was very VERY beneficial to us.
Without what he did, we would have nothing to remember to make sure that something as terrible as the Halocaust never ever happens again.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 1st, 2010 at 10:06pm
He was strong but in a bad way.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 1st, 2010 at 10:14pm
ocean avenue:
St.Billie.:
everytime i hear of people saying he was pure evil... i mean, he wasn't alone - he wasn't the person who pulled the triggers or performed horrible experiments on children. and he never started the whole anti-semitic thing, it was very common in the 1920s and long before that. martin luther even made a whole book about it in 1543.

i mean, i don't agree with what he stands for, not at all, but there were so many people right there behind him, and not because they were scared of him, but because they supported him and his values.
Yeah, but a lot of the people were forced to do it. If he didn't they would have killed them.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
October 4th, 2010 at 12:55pm
John Entwistle:
ocean avenue:
St.Billie.:

Yeah, but a lot of the people were forced to do it. If he didn't they would have killed them.

But if enough stood up and said no.
And he didn't have the help,
And people got the word out to the Americans and others sooner.
Then, how would Hitler have worked.

And sometimes, you have to die for what's right...
Just saying.
Christie_Road91
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Christie_Road91
October 4th, 2010 at 05:12pm
This reminds me of a discussion i had with a friend of mine. She came up to me one day and was like "God! Hitler was such a horrible leader!" I knew what she meant, but i felt the need to point our the flaw in her statement. I told her that Hitler was absolutely not a horrible leader; he was a horrible person, but not a horrible leader. I pointed out how he was a fantastic speaker and persuader. He had good timing as well. Economic times in Germany were dreadful and he was able to not only promise change, but fullfill that promise. Now what he did to make that change happen was in no way right or moral, but he did follow through. so basically my point is that no matter how many evil and heinous things Hitler did, you can't deny that he was an incredible and powerful leader.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
October 5th, 2010 at 03:18pm
^Totaly agreed.
Register