Was Hitler a weak or strong dictator? Did he do any good?

AuthorMessage
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
October 5th, 2010 at 07:05pm
Christie_Road91:
This reminds me of a discussion i had with a friend of mine. She came up to me one day and was like "God! Hitler was such a horrible leader!" I knew what she meant, but i felt the need to point our the flaw in her statement. I told her that Hitler was absolutely not a horrible leader; he was a horrible person, but not a horrible leader. I pointed out how he was a fantastic speaker and persuader. He had good timing as well. Economic times in Germany were dreadful and he was able to not only promise change, but fullfill that promise. Now what he did to make that change happen was in no way right or moral, but he did follow through. so basically my point is that no matter how many evil and heinous things Hitler did, you can't deny that he was an incredible and powerful leader.

This. Post WW1, Germany was in political and economic shambles. It was costing close to 1 000 000 marks to buy a loaf of bread, that's how useless their currency had become. There is no denying that Hitler was a turning point and a kick start to the economy. The problem is that he was an anti-semetic sociopath capable of brainwashing an entire nation.
Mareh
King For A Couple Of Days
Mareh

Blog
October 7th, 2010 at 01:13am
Desmond Hume:
Christie_Road91:
This reminds me of a discussion i had with a friend of mine. She came up to me one day and was like "God! Hitler was such a horrible leader!" I knew what she meant, but i felt the need to point our the flaw in her statement. I told her that Hitler was absolutely not a horrible leader; he was a horrible person, but not a horrible leader. I pointed out how he was a fantastic speaker and persuader. He had good timing as well. Economic times in Germany were dreadful and he was able to not only promise change, but fullfill that promise. Now what he did to make that change happen was in no way right or moral, but he did follow through. so basically my point is that no matter how many evil and heinous things Hitler did, you can't deny that he was an incredible and powerful leader.

This. Post WW1, Germany was in political and economic shambles. It was costing close to 1 000 000 marks to buy a loaf of bread, that's how useless their currency had become. There is no denying that Hitler was a turning point and a kick start to the economy. The problem is that he was an anti-semetic sociopath capable of brainwashing an entire nation.
This entirely. I once read a book based on Hitler's life which was basically a biography, there was more to it but I only read his life story. Hitler was an amazing man, it's just a pity he ended up using his political, social and economical skills for bad rather than for good. If the latter had happened maybe history would have a much kinder look on him and he might be remembered as one of the greatest leaders to ever grace this planet.
Register