Was Hitler a weak or strong dictator? Did he do any good?

AuthorMessage
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
December 2nd, 2009 at 03:16pm
I suppose...

Damn, if I had that much power I wouldn't want it. And if I had to have it, I'd use it to make things better for my people, or change the government so that it's more representative, because that much power is just not something people should have. Why can't he help his people instead of being a jackass?

And that's not off-topic, because I can use it as an opening to my opinion: I think that people with power are jackasses about it at some point in some way. My God, Hitler had so much power and he just wanted more. More land, more power, more control, more support, more military, moremoremore. Even with the Appeasement Acts in place, he just kept on going. And he kept getting what he wanted, fueling his mad desire.

This is why lots of power should NOT be in the hands of individual people.
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
December 4th, 2009 at 06:35pm
“Anyone who sees and paints a sky green and fields blue ought to be sterilized.”
One of my favorites :],
Put in my self potriat for art class actually.

See,
HE did know what he was doing AFTER he started doing it,
But I don't think that he went into the whole things,
JUST to kill people,
Sooo.....you qoutes prove nothing,
You don't have dates with them,
To prove that he had stated this at the VERY begining of his rise,
I can asume all these qoutes are after the fact of Jew's being killed,
And CC.
That could even be fact.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
December 4th, 2009 at 07:23pm
Meh. All I'm saying is that he KNEW what he was doing. He was the one who was ordering these people to be killed. HE established the camps and ghettos, HE ordered people into them, HE put out propaganda saying they were inhuman... It's all just fucked up. And he couldn't have done all of that without knowing he did, because he specifically ordered for this stuff to happen. That's all I'm trying to say.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
December 7th, 2009 at 05:11pm
I know,
I agree,
But what I AM saying is that I don't think that, that was what he started in planing to do.
Do you understand what I am trying to say?
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
December 7th, 2009 at 05:51pm
I suppose. He said he wanted to bring Germany back to the glory it was in before WWI, correct? Well, he never specified to the people how... And even if he innitially did not have the idea in his head of killing innocent people because they are below him and the cause of the country's problems, he did have the idea that they are below him and the cause of the country's problems, he did put out propaganda against them, and he did have each and every person who could be seen as a threat, or that he didn't like, killed.

Even if he didn't want to do it at first, he still had the same ideals all throughout the war and he still ended up doing it.

I get what you're trying to say, but the fact of the matter is that whether he innitially wanted to kill these people or not, they were scum to him for his entire life and even if the point wasn't getting rid of them, it was certainly an added bonus as time drew on.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
December 7th, 2009 at 07:02pm
^ Yep, added,
Not soul purpose.
That's all I was saying.

And really,
They were very successful,
So they just made an easy target.

Not that I think it was right.
But, still...yeah.
:].
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
December 7th, 2009 at 07:29pm
YES! We have successfully reached an understanding without the whole wailing and gnashing of teeth thing! I believe a round of applause is in order...

Which is to say that I agree with you (for once). I suppose that one thing I can respect about Hitler was the fact that he knew what he wanted, and he wouldn't let that go. He went incredibly far to achieve what he wanted, and he damn near got it. But at what price, is my problem. I admire that he was so idealistic and stuck to his goal, but I can't admire the means by which he had done it, and his ideals themselves.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
December 8th, 2009 at 04:06pm
^ Getting a bit testy?

I know.
I don't agree either.
But that had nothing to do with this go...
So I don't see why it was brought in.

I s'pose this is finished now,
Or rather I am.
'til we meet again.
:].
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
December 8th, 2009 at 06:54pm
... Testy? How so?

Yes, yes. Our paths shall cross again, but until that day... *bows and sheathes sword*
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
December 13th, 2009 at 03:43pm
... Cool... But what does that have to do with Hitler?

And where'd all the other people go? I'm pretty sure that before this there were a crapload of people adding their input. Did this whole debate thing scare them off or are they just bored with it? Point is, this thread needs people to add to the discussion.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
December 15th, 2009 at 04:37pm
Prussia:

And where'd all the other people go? I'm pretty sure that before this there were a crapload of people adding their input. Did this whole debate thing scare them off or are they just bored with it? Point is, this thread needs people to add to the discussion.

Personally, I got bored of it. Every time you got close to what resembles a good debate, you started apologising and backing away from the discussion. It's all well and good you wanting to get along, but don't sacrifice a good old conversation for the sake of keeping the peace. It was interesting to read the different opinions and thoughts you were both bringing forwards until it descended into "I don't want to argue.."
Angelic Fruitcake
Falling In Love With The Board
Angelic Fruitcake
December 15th, 2009 at 04:43pm
Ah we do like our debating in the debating forum Cassie
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
December 16th, 2009 at 03:04pm
I got sick of arguing. Besides, it was really pointless. I knew it would never end because we were both so adamant. I DON'T want to argue, because it takes all the fun and intelligence out of it when you go from debate to argument. There's a fine line that I don't really like to cross.

I basically said what I needed to say: Hitler was an asshole. I'm back to that. He was an asshole and a moron. I just finished Maus and Maus II (I was too lazy to do it earlier) and it further proves the fact that it's just... impossible to see any good in him. You need diversity for an interesting and fully-functioning society, and anyone who wasn't exactly what he liked wasn't human in his opinion, and the opinions of those he influenced.

There's my input. Do with it what you will.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
December 17th, 2009 at 05:22pm
We never argued, it was a debate,
But you get to hard headed on what you think and don't take in what I say.
So I get bored.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
December 17th, 2009 at 10:17pm
Yeah, and you weren't hard-headed at all. [sarcasm]

"I have just skimed that,
No need to read it all."

"For the record,
Only read the first p."

"I didn't bother to read past "your arguments are flimsy"..."

I mean, my GOD. At least I READ everything you wrote. And sticking to your guns isn't thickheadedness, it's staying true to what you believe. Now, comp;letely disregarding the other's argument, THAT'S thickheadedness.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
December 18th, 2009 at 03:48pm
Uhm,
You go on and on,
And i have no need to read all that you type,
Skimming it is fine,
Because I get the jist of it.
K.

And, I stick to my opinions,
But I take into consideration what the other is saying at the same time...
Sooo....

There is a difference.

Really,
This shouldn't be carried on,
Being it's off topic.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
December 18th, 2009 at 03:57pm
What, and I don't listen to what you have to say? I don't take it into account? Hah! That, my dear, is a blatant hypocritical lie.

But yes, this is off topic. I still firmly believe that no matter how smart he was, he was really an idiot because he killed millions of people simply because they weren't his idea of perfect. Gypsies, Communists, Jews, homosexuals, and those of any nationality he didn't like, not to mention anyone who dared speak one word against him, among many others. He was a madman and a maniac and whatever you say, he still knew EXACTLY what he was doing.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
December 18th, 2009 at 04:07pm
Hmm, let me word it batter,
You sort of ignore,
I mean, like how I said that I don't think it was his soul intention,
You sort of fliped it around,
Yes.

But yes. Off topic.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
December 18th, 2009 at 04:20pm
Mmkay, first of all, I did not flip it around. I simply stated that whether he innitially intended to do it or not, he still did it purposefully. His sole purpose, which you can take from his speeches and actions and other things, was creating the perfect Aryan race. He only wanted a specific type of people, and all others were lower than the piss on the dirt under his feet. His sole purpose was to rid the world of those who were deemed 'undesirables' to create a perfect race where everyone was his idea of perfect. In Mein Kampf, the BOOK HE WROTE, he explained in DETAIL that this was his intended purpose.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
December 18th, 2009 at 05:04pm
Okay, I am sorry for not knowing anything and having a opinion,
I should have realized that you knew everything,
My bad.

I will now leave this thread.
I am sick of being wrong.
Register