cactus.
Falling In Love With The Board
cactus.
December 3rd, 2006 at 01:50pm
+_Pledged_+:
I didn't say they couldn't...

I asked, are there dogs that can?

It was an actual question lol =]
There are dogs that can count . I'm not sure how much of that is actual counting, or what the dog actually understands by doing it.

But other animals as primates can add and substract too, after some training.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 3rd, 2006 at 01:59pm
You know, I was thinking about the pot I made earlier and I don't think thats always true anymore, it was a generalization. What about animals that save their owners lives and such, you watch those shows on animal planet all the time about dogs that wake their owners up when there is a fire in the middle of the night. Their instincts tell them thats bad, and they should avoid fire, but they think "I care about that person" they want to help them. That is thinking, that takes alot of thinking to do something like that.
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
December 3rd, 2006 at 05:01pm
+_Pledged_+:
So they have squeeks and moos for things like "I hate her!" xD

xD
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 3rd, 2006 at 05:34pm
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!:
+_Pledged_+:
So they have squeeks and moos for things like "I hate her!" xD

xD

Don't spam or someone will tear your limbs off, and you don't want that. Mr. Green
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 3rd, 2006 at 06:05pm
Animals can learn so I think they can think.
I mean like :
"If I go fetch this ball Ill get a treat."
Thats thinking, it just takes them awhile.
You have to work with them just like teachers work with us.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
December 3rd, 2006 at 07:39pm
+_Pledged_+:
But that's based on memory I guess...Just pictures...

Can dog's do math? Add and subtract?

That's the kinda thinking i'm on aboot..

But if you had never been taught, you wouldn't know how to do maths either.

And what does that have to do with thinking?

They aren't as intellectually progressed as us, but that doesn't mean they can't think.
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
December 3rd, 2006 at 07:48pm
Just, how can something not EVER think. I mean, I'm thinking as we speak. Is there any real way we can find out?
swoon-
Post Whore
swoon-

Mibba
December 3rd, 2006 at 11:06pm
We use our brains to walk. It's subconscious, but we're still thinking. Same with animals.
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
December 4th, 2006 at 01:45pm
akdjh Yeah, I know. You all have brought up great point.

The topic came up in class from the quote "I think, therefore I am"

.. And animals ARE, right? Rolling Eyes I said that, but it just seems shallow to me to think that animals don't think.
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
December 4th, 2006 at 01:46pm
.. AND just because they don't have thinking like 'math' and stuff, doesn't mean that's not thinking.

I don't use thinking for just school work. That's what trips me.
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
December 4th, 2006 at 04:15pm
iamkiller:
akdjh Yeah, I know. You all have brought up great point.

The topic came up in class from the quote "I think, therefore I am"

.. And animals ARE, right? Rolling Eyes I said that, but it just seems shallow to me to think that animals don't think.

I agree completely.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
December 6th, 2006 at 05:56pm
of course they think when i wake up my rabbit acts like she didnt get any food when my brother fed her, why? she wants more food! Laughing

they think, just not as deeply i mean how could something not think without dieing when dogs sniff something its beacuase they are wondering what it is wondering is part of thinking

Moose, your teacher is exstreamly dim
BillieStoleMyVirginity
Geek
BillieStoleMyVirginity

Mibba
December 9th, 2006 at 11:32pm
i think animals can think. people say that they dont just to have an excuse to give them less rights and treat them like inferiors. i can channell and i channell animals all the time. they tell me heaps of stuff and thats my proof that they think. i guess its really a question of belief Smile
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
December 10th, 2006 at 03:16am
animals think. you just need to have a pet to realise they think. its obvious. maybe their thoughts are simpler than ours but they definately think. and they do make choices as well, my dog is almost human sometimes the way he appears to think. and my friends horse is an amazing problem solver. he was able to work out how to get through (yes, through) a fence without breaking it or himself. if thats not thinking i dont know what is.
Forever~Fallen
Geek
Forever~Fallen
December 13th, 2006 at 06:40am
really how could you think that they don't? you need to think to do almost anything. I know animals have a memory like for example my cousin hit my dog one time (he's an asshole) that was almost seven years but my dog still hates him. plus they dream, which requires thought. oh, and once, I wanted to see what my dog would do in an emergency so I pretended I was having some sort of attack or somthing , and she started scratching my face and got all panicky for a little while but then she opened my door, (like I taught her to) and got my mom. it was pretty neat. my cat watches tv I don't know for what reason maybe he likes the lights or maybe he just loves animal planet lol Wink
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
December 14th, 2006 at 08:38am
if animals can think why is it then when i bought my sons hamster (magne) that the pet shop said that they were best lving alone has they dont live with other hamsters very well.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
December 14th, 2006 at 08:53am
Lucifers Angel:
if animals can think why is it then when i bought my sons hamster (magne) that the pet shop said that they were best lving alone has they dont live with other hamsters very well.

whats that got to do with them thinking? thats more about communication, not thought
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
December 14th, 2006 at 08:53am
anti-christ of suburbia:
Lucifers Angel:

whats that got to do with them thinking? thats more about communication, not thought

they have to think to have communication though dont they?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 14th, 2006 at 11:40am
Lucifers Angel:
anti-christ of suburbia:
Lucifers Angel:

Hamsters fare better along because the majority of time, they can get very territorial.
They think "Oh. Here's some competition for my food. Rawr."
So you're right. Hamsters do think.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
December 14th, 2006 at 12:38pm
Lucifers Angel:
anti-christ of suburbia:
Lucifers Angel:

yes but they dont have to communicate to think do they?
Register