MIBBA.COM the new place for stories!

AuthorMessage
ThisIsGreenDay
Falling In Love With The Board
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
December 21st, 2006 at 11:00pm
It won't let me transfer any stories. I keep getting a "Database error" message on a blank white page. What da deal, yo?
ThisIsGreenDay
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
December 21st, 2006 at 11:07pm
Okay, now 2 stories are submitted but when I click on them, it says there are no chapters when I just gave them chapter titles.

WTF.
Banach95
King For A Couple Of Days
Banach95

Mibba Blog
December 21st, 2006 at 11:14pm
ThisIsGreenDay:
Okay, now 2 stories are submitted but when I click on them, it says there are no chapters when I just gave them chapter titles.

WTF.

sampalletband:
Just transferred three of my stories... have to wait til my 4th updates with the chapter titles before I can move it...

Pretty cool so for Boss Wink

Wink
ThisIsGreenDay
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
December 21st, 2006 at 11:25pm
sampalletband:
ThisIsGreenDay:

WTF.

sampalletband:
Just transferred three of my stories... have to wait til my 4th updates with the chapter titles before I can move it...

Pretty cool so for Boss Wink

Wink
So ur saying I gotta wait until EVERY SINGLE STORY has a title before I can view the chapters? Two stories transfered already but I can't view the chapters.
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
December 21st, 2006 at 11:26pm
welll i don't know... KTF I JUST added titles on GSB but Mibba still said that they needed titles... but I only had three chappys so I just did it manually...

I just think it's lag time...
[LuLu]
Geek
[LuLu]
December 22nd, 2006 at 01:47am
Dujo:
We're getting rid of the story section on GSB. We'll keep all stories on the site for people to read them, but you won't be able to update them. Why are we doing this? It's not easy to moderate stories you submit, sometimes you have to wait almost a week for your story to be published on the site after you post it. Story section on GSB is not that good....

.......so I decided to make a new site for stories / poems / journals. Story section on that site is going to be much better than the one we have on GSB. You can register here:

http://www.mibba.com/users/users/register/

Right now only user area is working, you can post stories but people can't read, rate and comment them. You can expect the whole story section to be up and running today or tomorrow.

How is this new story section different?

1. There are no editors. Stories are published on the site as soon as you post them.
2. You can edit / delete stories, chapters whenever you want. You don't have to contact editors.
3. You have to use BBcode ([b][i]), not HTML. There's a "Preview" button so you can preview your story before you publish it.
4. You can add search tags for your story. If you add Green Day related tags (Green Day, Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool....) your story will be featured on GSB too.
5. You don't have to worry about "sex scenes", "slash". Everything's allowed, just make sure you select appropriate rating (NC, R...).
6. We'll comment stories on the message board (each story will automatically get its own thread). Comments will be advanced and easy to moderate)
7. My favorite: You can transfer your GSB stories to Mibba with one click. Log in, click on "Transfer your GSB stories" under "Stories" and you'll know what to do.

That's it for now. I know some of you won't like the fact that we're getting rid of the story section on GSB but this is easier for everyone.

This is very difficult, *Sighs* Well, alright?
Dujo
Admin
Dujo
December 22nd, 2006 at 02:23am
ThisIsGreenDay:
So ur saying I gotta wait until EVERY SINGLE STORY has a title before I can view the chapters? Two stories transfered already but I can't view the chapters.

Delete stories you see under "My Stories" section and transfer them again. It should work now..
ThisIsGreenDay
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
December 22nd, 2006 at 02:38am
Dujo:
ThisIsGreenDay:

Delete stories you see under "My Stories" section and transfer them again. It should work now..
okay, did that and it worked, but the third story i was trying to transfer afterward, Always There, won't trasnfer.
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
December 22nd, 2006 at 04:14am
Okay, I have it figured out. Up
I'm wondering though...is there any matter to the order you transfer your stories, or will we be able to organize which way they are viewed by others?

I'm asking in the matter of stories that have sequels like a lot of the stories on here do, it's nice to have them in the correct viewing order.
Dujo
Admin
Dujo
December 22nd, 2006 at 04:54am
ThisIsGreenDay:
okay, did that and it worked, but the third story i was trying to transfer afterward, Always There, won't trasnfer.

Do you get an error when you try to transfer it?
Dujo
Admin
Dujo
December 22nd, 2006 at 05:12am
HavingAGreenDay:
Okay, I have it figured out. Up
I'm wondering though...is there any matter to the order you transfer your stories, or will we be able to organize which way they are viewed by others?

I'm asking in the matter of stories that have sequels like a lot of the stories on here do, it's nice to have them in the correct viewing order.

They're ordered the same way they're ordered here (last update)....... but you just gave me a great idea. Go to "My Stories" and click on the edit icon. You'll see "This story is a sequel of..." or something like that...

Let me know if there's anything you want me to change or add.
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
December 22nd, 2006 at 07:03am
Cool thanks, I'm content for the moment. Up Crazy
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
December 22nd, 2006 at 12:26pm
I'm gonna be confused for a long ass time o_O
But I guess it's a good idea.
Yay for Dujo.
:]
The Waiting Unknown
Geek
The Waiting Unknown

Mibba
December 22nd, 2006 at 01:04pm
I like this.
especially being able to edit stories.
good idea =]
ANYTHING-ANYONE! IDK
Banned
ANYTHING-ANYONE! IDK

Mibba
December 22nd, 2006 at 01:33pm
:O!! A GSB MYSPACE!! sweet
~Sexxi~Tre~
Geek
~Sexxi~Tre~

Mibba
December 22nd, 2006 at 04:10pm
I was a bit scared about going over to the new site but its fine... its going to be great
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
December 22nd, 2006 at 04:49pm
Just a thought folks... you should use your GSB screen name at Mibba so others can find your stories easier Wink
Jack Barakat.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Jack Barakat.

Blog
December 22nd, 2006 at 06:35pm
YAY! ITS BACK! I LOVE YOU! WOoooo
We're_all_inthis_together
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
We're_all_inthis_together
December 22nd, 2006 at 07:42pm
K umm i need help here how do i write a story ? Embarassed Shocked
intoxicatedblisskisses
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
intoxicatedblisskisses

Mibba
December 22nd, 2006 at 08:59pm
once you've posted your story, how do you check comments that people have posted?
Register