Random Pistols Talk

AuthorMessage
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
January 15th, 2007 at 04:33pm
Say whatever you feel like saying...about the Pistols, obviously.

Today I got Filthy Lucre Live. It's pretty cool...I wish I'd been smart enough to go and see them at the time. But I was six, so that probably never would have happened even if I knew who they were. My favorite song on there is probably Not Your Stepping Stone.
Impersonator
Geek
Impersonator

Mibba
January 25th, 2007 at 04:40pm
Rotten:
Say whatever you feel like saying...about the Pistols, obviously.

Today I got Filthy Lucre Live. It's pretty cool...I wish I'd been smart enough to go and see them at the time. But I was six, so that probably never would have happened even if I knew who they were. My favorite song on there is probably Not Your Stepping Stone.
I wish I could have seen them as well. Awesomeness.
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
January 28th, 2007 at 08:03am
there used to be rumours about them giving another reunion concert in 2006
too bad that didnt happen
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
January 28th, 2007 at 11:50am
I also heard a rumor that John was trying to get them together to do a show in Iraq. I guess that didn't happen either.
vexeddumbass
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
vexeddumbass

Mibba
January 28th, 2007 at 11:52am
my dad trie to see them on the anarchy tor back in the day but they where banned in bristol and the second time the venue burned down the day befor the gig.my fav songs are bodies and EMI.paul cooks cool and he should have had more credit
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
January 28th, 2007 at 11:53am
Yeah he always gets kind of overlooked. Do you know what he's doing these days by any chance? I never really hear about him.
vexeddumbass
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
vexeddumbass

Mibba
January 28th, 2007 at 11:55am
nope no idea but hes the best (apart from johnny) they where all arrogent cunts
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
January 28th, 2007 at 11:57am
Yeah but they deserved to be. Johnny's as arrogant as all hell, but that's kind of just the way he is. And that's what makes him so funny.
vexeddumbass
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
vexeddumbass

Mibba
January 28th, 2007 at 11:58am
hey have you seen a vid on youtube where steve jones is going over the guitaring for never mind the bollocks its funnuy
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
January 28th, 2007 at 11:59am
No! Do you have it by any chance? I'd love to see.
vexeddumbass
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
vexeddumbass

Mibba
January 30th, 2007 at 12:21pm
just search paul jones guitar and it should come up
vexeddumbass
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
vexeddumbass

Mibba
January 30th, 2007 at 12:45pm
hear ia the thingy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj0DQ66JVMA
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
January 30th, 2007 at 05:42pm
awesome. Speaking of Steve Jones, I just briefly talked on the phone with him. I called his radio show and asked him a few questions for my term paper. He was very nice, but he kept telling me to hurry up 'cause he was in a rush. He kept calling me "sweetie". I was so nervous to talk to him though.
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
January 31st, 2007 at 08:52pm
aw good ol' Paul. I'm glad he's still drumming. He doesn't look much different from the Pistols days.

Y'know what i just found out? A kid from our school who graduated last year is (or was) in a band with Paul's son, who is also a drummer. I found that exciting.
vexeddumbass
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
vexeddumbass

Mibba
February 5th, 2007 at 01:38pm
sweet
unlucky goose
Geek
unlucky goose
March 26th, 2007 at 12:17am
The minority!:

yeah, but think about it, i mean sid's dead johhny looks too old too be a punk, so does the rest of the band (sid was the fucking life of the pistols live show)
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
March 26th, 2007 at 04:32pm
whereiswaldo:
The minority!:

yeah, but think about it, i mean sid's dead johhny looks too old too be a punk, so does the rest of the band (sid was the fucking life of the pistols live show)

ummm...hum. It doesn't matter how old Johnny is, mate; do not, ever, underestimate him. It's not like you stop being punk once you reach a certain age. And I highly doubt they care whether they're punk or not in the first place. They're great no matter how old they are. It doesn't have anything to do with age; believe it or not they're still the same people. I've talked to Steve Jones and he's as great as ever despite the fact that he's old.

And I disagree that Sid was the life of the live shows. It was the entire band as a unit, and the diversity on stage between them, no matter what Sid claimed in interviews.
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
April 9th, 2007 at 08:56pm
Vicious.:
whereiswaldo:
The minority!:

Hmm.
I was talking to someone the other day who went to see them in 1996, and it was apparently really good.

& age doesn't really matter that much.

And my final point: if Sid was still alive, do you think he'd be the life of the live show?

I agree with you. And I'm jealous of whoever you were talking to. I can't even imagine seeing them. I'd die happy if I could just hear them do one song.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 18th, 2007 at 08:54am
My favorite member would be Steve Jones. He is just a great person and his guitar playing gave the Pistols their really true sound.
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
April 20th, 2007 at 06:41pm
Dr. Cuddy:
My favorite member would be Steve Jones. He is just a great person and his guitar playing gave the Pistols their really true sound.

yeah I love his guitar sound. It's so individual and he's such a nice guy. I listen to his radio show a fair amount and he's actually really funny as well.
Register