lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 25th, 2007 at 09:26am
tyco:
lyrical_mess:
tyco:
anti-christ of suburbia:
To repeat and clarify what i have said before which no one seemed to get is
animals do not understand that they have done something wrong, so they will not necessarily equate being hit with what they did wrong.
Animals are not that different from humans really, you only have to watch them for a while, to see how like humans they are. particularly dogs and horses (whoever said horses were completely different from dogs have you ever been around them?) If you watch them or interact with them for any length of time you will recognise human-like behavior and intelligence.
Also they feel pain in the same way. how would you like to be hit for something you didnt even know you'd done wrong?

exactly.. its seeing as thats all they have know you cant tell them off for doing what they normally would if they havnt been trained that thats not the correct behaviour.

Okay, we get that they don't know they've done something wrong. They have to be told. After being told and warned more than say 5 or six times, I'd say it would be okay to hit the animal. Not hard. Not with a baseball bat or a frying pan. It's okay to smack it once and say "No!". The equivalent of being slapped by a parent for running around and doing absolutely nothing for a week.

well i was never hit by my adopted parents and i think hitting children is wrong too but thats a compleatly different argument
there are means and ways of telling them and a hit isnt the right way to go about it??
5 or 6 times come on.. thats just a joke! how long did it take before you learnt to read to right and to be potty trained and to adopt your parents manors?..

Took a while, actually. I don't remember being potty trained, probably because I was like, 3.

And when I used that comparison, I suppose I didn't explain it properly.

Kid: WHEEE! No homework!
Mom: Smile You finished it? That's great!
[next day] Kid: I'm gonna go out and play instead of do my homework.
Mom: Well, be sure to do it later.
And suppose the kid doesn't do it. The mom keeps saying "Do your homework" for a week. And then next week...
Kid: Whee! I don't wanna do my homework.
Mom: Sad Do your homework.
Kid: No! And you can't make me!
Mom: *slap* Yes I can. Do your homework.
Kid: ...k.

That was dumb, I know, but that's the best way I can think of to explain it. Just apply "Guy with dog" instead of "mom" and "Dog" instead of "Kid." And replace homework with telling the guy that he has to pee. Anyone seen Bruce Almighty?

After like, a month or two of that, I'd definitely start smacking my dog (not too hard).
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
January 25th, 2007 at 09:28am
you can train animals wihtout resorting to hitting ad smacking, (just has you shouldnt smakc a child to get it to do what you want) there are such things as treats and praise, they help a lot
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 25th, 2007 at 09:34am
tyco:
Anji:
tyco:
LOL!
she started it!
sorry, but to tell ya the truth i did try and chill things cause i could see it was getting too far. Mr. Green
I didn't start telling people off for abusing their pets though. I asked for your opinion, not for your bullying.

im not talking about you,
and im not bullying.. LOL
yea you asked my opinion and that was it..
(nothing more to add to that cause i dont want this to escalate again!)
You called me an animal abuser. It really hurts especially when I love studying zoology and stuff like that. You are a bully.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 25th, 2007 at 10:14am
Anji:
tyco:
Anji:
tyco:
LOL!
she started it!
sorry, but to tell ya the truth i did try and chill things cause i could see it was getting too far. Mr. Green
I didn't start telling people off for abusing their pets though. I asked for your opinion, not for your bullying.

You called me an animal abuser. It really hurts especially when I love studying zoology and stuff like that. You are a bully.

i said smacking is abusive which it is.
thats not bullying thats what i belive..
if it makes a difference i will try not to say it again even though i belive that that is true. as long as you dont make references to my life before i was adopted cause ya know.. that also hurts.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 25th, 2007 at 10:19am
lyrical_mess:
tyco:
lyrical_mess:
tyco:
anti-christ of suburbia:
To repeat and clarify what i have said before which no one seemed to get is
animals do not understand that they have done something wrong, so they will not necessarily equate being hit with what they did wrong.
Animals are not that different from humans really, you only have to watch them for a while, to see how like humans they are. particularly dogs and horses (whoever said horses were completely different from dogs have you ever been around them?) If you watch them or interact with them for any length of time you will recognise human-like behavior and intelligence.
Also they feel pain in the same way. how would you like to be hit for something you didnt even know you'd done wrong?

exactly.. its seeing as thats all they have know you cant tell them off for doing what they normally would if they havnt been trained that thats not the correct behaviour.

Okay, we get that they don't know they've done something wrong. They have to be told. After being told and warned more than say 5 or six times, I'd say it would be okay to hit the animal. Not hard. Not with a baseball bat or a frying pan. It's okay to smack it once and say "No!". The equivalent of being slapped by a parent for running around and doing absolutely nothing for a week.

well i was never hit by my adopted parents and i think hitting children is wrong too but thats a compleatly different argument
there are means and ways of telling them and a hit isnt the right way to go about it??
5 or 6 times come on.. thats just a joke! how long did it take before you learnt to read to right and to be potty trained and to adopt your parents manors?..

Took a while, actually. I don't remember being potty trained, probably because I was like, 3.

And when I used that comparison, I suppose I didn't explain it properly.

Kid: WHEEE! No homework!
Mom: Smile You finished it? That's great!
[next day] Kid: I'm gonna go out and play instead of do my homework.
Mom: Well, be sure to do it later.
And suppose the kid doesn't do it. The mom keeps saying "Do your homework" for a week. And then next week...
Kid: Whee! I don't wanna do my homework.
Mom: Sad Do your homework.
Kid: No! And you can't make me!
Mom: *slap* Yes I can. Do your homework.
Kid: ...k.

That was dumb, I know, but that's the best way I can think of to explain it. Just apply "Guy with dog" instead of "mom" and "Dog" instead of "Kid." And replace homework with telling the guy that he has to pee. Anyone seen Bruce Almighty?

After like, a month or two of that, I'd definitely start smacking my dog (not too hard).

LOL loved the little story twas great.

i have seen bruce allmight and not once did he hit the dog, also its fictional so its bound to be exagerated for the laughs.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 25th, 2007 at 11:21am
tyco:
Anji:
tyco:
Anji:
tyco:
LOL!
she started it!

i said smacking is abusive which it is.
thats not bullying thats what i belive..
if it makes a difference i will try not to say it again even though i belive that that is true. as long as you dont make references to my life before i was adopted cause ya know.. that also hurts.
Well you started it!
Prr
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 25th, 2007 at 12:09pm
tyco:

i have seen bruce allmight and not once did he hit the dog, also its fictional so its bound to be exagerated for the laughs.

Thank you, I loved the story too.

And I know he didn't hit the dog. But if that recurrs day after day after day for months and no amount of explanation, telling, encouragement, or bribery will work, then a light smack is needed. And if that don't work after three or four times, dish out some money cuz doggie's going to Training School.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 25th, 2007 at 02:30pm
Well you started it!
Prr
Baeh
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 25th, 2007 at 02:32pm
lyrical_mess:
tyco:

And I know he didn't hit the dog. But if that recurrs day after day after day for months and no amount of explanation, telling, encouragement, or bribery will work, then a light smack is needed. And if that don't work after three or four times, dish out some money cuz doggie's going to Training School.

lol np.
i would have said why not just take the dog straight to training school at at least figure out how to sort things yourself.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 25th, 2007 at 05:15pm
CHILL IT. don't make me use a frying pan on all of your backsides.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 25th, 2007 at 11:35pm
tyco:
lyrical_mess:
tyco:

lol np.
i would have said why not just take the dog straight to training school at at least figure out how to sort things yourself.

Because not everyone will trust their beloved pet in the hands of someone else, even if it is a professional. And let's use the comparison of a child again.

If after a while, the kid never does his homework no matter what his parents do or say (Within reason), what do you do? You wanna send Junior off to boot camp?
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 26th, 2007 at 02:53am
NeoSteph:
CHILL IT. don't make me use a frying pan on all of your backsides.

EEEEEEEEK!!!!!!
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 26th, 2007 at 02:56am
lyrical_mess:
tyco:
lyrical_mess:
tyco:

lol np.

Because not everyone will trust their beloved pet in the hands of someone else, even if it is a professional. And let's use the comparison of a child again.

If after a while, the kid never does his homework no matter what his parents do or say (Within reason), what do you do? You wanna send Junior off to boot camp?

no just wait till they get lousy grades and then laugh in there faces saying i tod you so!

im sorry that wasnt very realistic.. lol
but boot camp is very different from a training school, boot camps are mean and scarey. and if thats needed then i say thats what they should do with the kid.
LoveMeLudo
Idiot
LoveMeLudo

Mibba
April 2nd, 2007 at 09:51pm
hitting you pet doesn't solve anything.....all it does is teach them to be afraid of you. there are other ways to discipline your pet
Buddy Christ
Buddy Christ

Blog
April 2nd, 2007 at 09:56pm
I smack my dog when he misbehaves, such as going to the bathroom inside or tearing shit up. He's the best dog I've ever had now. And I raised my voice, and if hes doing something bad, he immediately stops.
love.
King For A Couple Of Days
love.
April 4th, 2007 at 08:08pm
diciplining your animals is abusive in my opinion.
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
April 5th, 2007 at 03:28am
lithium picnic.:
Then what do you do when your dog devours your favourite shoe?
Buddy Christ
Buddy Christ

Blog
April 5th, 2007 at 09:31am
lithium picnic.:

What if your dog bites or gets overly rowdy with you or another family member? A little hard yelling? Spray it with a water-bottle?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 5th, 2007 at 10:38am
My dog bit me the other day, but only because when I was about to throw the ball, he decided that it was a better idea to just take it out of my hand.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 5th, 2007 at 11:03am
lithium picnic.:

S..o you think pets should be allowed to do whatever they want with no consequences? Lets allow them to go into the neighbors yard, lets allow them to chew up shoes, and ruin the furniture.

Disciplining is the act of correcting wrongful behavior, I think you meant physically disciplining your animals is wrong, because if you meant they should not be taught or trained anything, I consider that neglectful.
Register