Texas governor orders STD vaccine for all girls.

AuthorMessage
CRazy bread
Geek
CRazy bread
February 9th, 2007 at 09:06am
I think its a really good idea, and you need to have the vaccine before you become sexually active because if whoever you slept with had it then the vaccine isn't going to work because you will already have it....

also i think i heard that it protects against herpes.... i don't know i just think it would be really good that that would be one less std you would have to worry about possibly getting...
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 9th, 2007 at 11:26am
In one of my old schools, we were required to have Hepetitis shots.
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
February 9th, 2007 at 11:16pm
lyrical_mess:
Now, I believe the average age for the onset of menstruation is 12, 13 years. In some cases, girls start at 9 or 10. Other than rape and molestation cases, how many girls are likely to go out and have sex before that? How many 8-12 year olds would willingly have sex?
You would be a surprised. I knew a 12 year old girl when I was in junior high who was pregnant. I knew various others who'd lost their virginity by 10 or 11. It's pretty ridiculous.

It should be given to them because they might decide to become sexually active before they get it and end up with an STD, prevention is the key here.
Vanity
King For A Couple Of Days
Vanity
February 10th, 2007 at 01:02am
CRazy bread:
also i think i heard that it protects against herpes.... i don't know i just think it would be really good that that would be one less std you would have to worry about possibly getting...

(Just to clarify)
No it doesn't protect you from herpes. Gardasil is only designed to protect against certain HPV strains.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 10th, 2007 at 08:51am
I've never even heard of it. A vaccine, that is.
"HPV testing is not routinely available in the NHS."
There. You can't even get tested for HPV here. I don't think its a big deal for us.

I don't understand why you shouldn't get a vaccine. I know a lot of you may complain about politicians having 'no right to interfere in our lives', but quite frankly, thats their damn job. But let me tell you something;

-Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio and Haemophilus influenzae type b.
-Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
-Tetanus, diphtheria and polio booster vaccine
-Tuberculosis vaccine
-Meningitis C
-Pneumococcal Immunisation

These are just some of the immunisations I have recieved over the years. I'm probably missing some. Maybe the government had no right whatsoever to say "children under two need to be vaccinated for polio". Maybe they had no right at all.

Then again, isn't it the government's job to look after the people? to wipe out the sodding polio so I'm not a cripple for the rest of my life?.

Mark my words, those who complain about some vaccine now will be the first to sue someone when they get ill. You'll be saying "why do I have this disease? why wasn't it prevented? damn government, why didn't they look after me? Finger"
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 10th, 2007 at 10:31am
Bloodraine:
I've never even heard of it. A vaccine, that is.
"HPV testing is not routinely available in the NHS."
There. You can't even get tested for HPV here. I don't think its a big deal for us.

I don't understand why you shouldn't get a vaccine. I know a lot of you may complain about politicians having 'no right to interfere in our lives', but quite frankly, thats their damn job. But let me tell you something;

-Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio and Haemophilus influenzae type b.
-Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
-Tetanus, diphtheria and polio booster vaccine
-Tuberculosis vaccine
-Meningitis C
-Pneumococcal Immunisation

These are just some of the immunisations I have recieved over the years. I'm probably missing some. Maybe the government had no right whatsoever to say "children under two need to be vaccinated for polio". Maybe they had no right at all.

Then again, isn't it the government's job to look after the people? to wipe out the sodding polio so I'm not a cripple for the rest of my life?.

Mark my words, those who complain about some vaccine now will be the first to sue someone when they get ill. You'll be saying "why do I have this disease? why wasn't it prevented? damn government, why didn't they look after me? Finger"
Who ever says that is an idiot. If you want herpes, fine. But a very large majority don't, and a very large majority of people who do have it, don't want it.

In most countries, as soon as you're born, you recieve a bunch of vaccinations already anyways. And there are flu shots and stuff. This is public safety, not some weird personal preference of what STD's you don't want to be immune to.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
February 15th, 2007 at 01:33pm
My friend Chrissy's dad co-invented the vaccine. Robert Rose. He was on NPR sounding real nervous about a week ago...

One of the big arguments against it being mandatory is that a lot of people can't afford it. Well, so we get coverage for it. Rush it through. There's been virtually no malicious side effects in the controlled study groups thus far. Good enough for me.
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
February 17th, 2007 at 06:21pm
I may have to get one of these shots soon.
I don't think it's such a bad idea, because more and more girls are becoming sexually active sooner these days. And if Perry was to make girls have this shot, he would have to make it mandatory for all girls because you can't just pick from a crowd of girls, "You're having sex, so take this shot." It's too much.
I dunno, I'm not active but they will probably make an announcement at school that we have to get one.
Perry hasn't made it mandatory yet, but if so I'll have to get one. Neutral
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 12:52am
thats cause everybody knows texas girls are easy
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 15th, 2007 at 01:38am
Be Your Own Pet!:

Stop being demeaning.
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 01:49am
just to say, i was just kidding with what i said
i know not all texas girls are easy, i was just in one of those wind up moods
Rainbows in the Dark
Idiot
Rainbows in the Dark

Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 01:50am
Be Your Own Pet!:
just to say, i was just kidding with what i said
i know not all texas girls are easy, i was just in one of those wind up moods

...You say all these offensive things and then defend yourself by saying you were "just kidding".
Why don't you just not say them in the first place?
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 01:50am
most people have learned not to take any notice with what i say
Vanity
Vanity
April 15th, 2007 at 01:51am
That's no excuse for the things you wrote.
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 01:52am
i just do, i dunno why, ive just got like that over the years, i say stupid stuff and thinnk about the consequences after
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 01:53am
if it makes u feel better, im working on my issues but i've got a lot of stuff to work through
Vanity
Vanity
April 15th, 2007 at 01:54am
Then get help for it. Or don't come on here anymore.

Now we need to stop spamming this forum.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 03:28am
Be Your Own Pet!:
You need to stop making ignorant comments like that, it's childish and immature and behavior such as that isn't tolerated here. This is a forum for serious discussions, not for you to make degrading remarks. This whole thread has gone off topic now. Please stop, thank you.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2007 at 11:20am
Aside from the "easiness" of Texas girls, I still think it's a good idea that girls should be given this vaccine. If parents think 9 is too young or whatever, then I think it should be made mandatory when the girl gets her period. Then again, that information can be easily hidden.

It's really dumb to say that just because people think they're prevented, they'll go out and sleaze themselves to hell. I think it should be for the whole US. And the whole world, even. STDs are increasing at alarming rates and we don't need another one in the mix.
Kenskeet
Jackass
Kenskeet

Mibba
May 5th, 2007 at 09:41pm
ok I'm in 8th grade, I live in Texas, and I've read quite a bit about the vaccine [and had it]

I think it's ridiculous to sexualize a vaccine. just because you have the HPV vaccine doesn't mean you can't still get it. and it doesn't protect against other STDs or pregnancy or anything. so therefore it makes no sense to say that every girl who get's it is going to think "now I can have all the sex I want!"

no.
we have sex ed at school. we know that we could just as easily get herpes or anything else. so my reasoning is that getting one vaccine for one STD that causes cancer isn't going to make someone more sexually active.

it shouldn't be REQUIRED because some people do oppose it yadda yadda, but if you have the option to get it, get it! it could prevent a disease that causes cancer!

so why not get a vaccine for a type of cancer?
Register