Green Day parents?

AuthorMessage
peeingchicken
Geek
peeingchicken
February 14th, 2007 at 09:44am
my sister met them and has dookie & american idiot,my mom only knows wake me up when september ends & the saints are coming.but i dont know about my dad...
DAMONE_doll_parts
Geek
DAMONE_doll_parts
February 14th, 2007 at 10:42am
Actually, thanks to my dad, im a fan of green day.
Weird, right?
My parents are cool with my music because they grew up listening to rock.
x-Billie and Adie-x
Geek
x-Billie and Adie-x
February 14th, 2007 at 11:05am
well my mum likes wake me up when spetember ends but thats it and my dad hates them he doesnt like the fact Billie Joe wares make up and he doesnt like the language that they use in songs/interviews whatever. My mum takes away my cds too when im in trouble. My parents thought that Green Day was just a phase thats id grow out of. didnt happen!
Drewkid
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Drewkid

Blog
February 14th, 2007 at 12:12pm
My mother says that she "Thinks they get their message across, but not with the best langauge" and my dad likes 'em alot. He can play alot of their songs on the guitar...
Kelly Khaos
Idiot
Kelly Khaos

Mibba Blog
February 17th, 2007 at 09:16am
x-Billie and Adie-x:
well my mum likes wake me up when spetember ends but thats it and my dad hates them he doesnt like the fact Billie Joe wares make up and he doesnt like the language that they use in songs/interviews whatever. My mum takes away my cds too when im in trouble. My parents thought that Green Day was just a phase thats id grow out of. didnt happen!

ahahahaha same here
my dad's like "so who's the next band to cover your walls?"
Lundborg
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Lundborg

Mibba
February 17th, 2007 at 11:32am
My dad does'nt even know about them.. and the rest of his family.. my mom just thinks I'm freakt but tells me when they're on tv and shit.. and my brother.. well.. no coments.. *take it negativeÔ.o*
White Noise
Geek
White Noise

Mibba Blog
February 17th, 2007 at 12:01pm
My mom likes WMUWSE a lot.
She said, 'I wouldn't expect them to write a song like that"
XD
Kelly Khaos
Idiot
Kelly Khaos

Mibba Blog
February 17th, 2007 at 12:11pm
Carrie Horror:
My mom likes WMUWSE a lot.
She said, 'I wouldn't expect them to write a song like that"
XD
yeah it is emotionally awesome Mr. Green
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 17th, 2007 at 06:39pm
Adeline_love:
Bitchden:
my mom loves them. as soon as they tour again [if they ever do] she buying tickets immediatly. she doesn't give a shit about anything esle. LOL@mymomz

my mom is convinced she can survive the mosh Rolling Eyes lol

mums can survive the mosh, i did. they were brilliant! but i will be taking my daughter next time,
LauraLuvzGreenDay
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
LauraLuvzGreenDay
February 18th, 2007 at 01:47am
My mum likes Green Day, i influenced her. Now i can go to Green Day concert coz my mum wants to go too! And my dad...lets just say he doesnt like swearing and explicit lyrics....
Wasted Little Dj
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Wasted Little Dj
February 18th, 2007 at 09:11am
My mum likes Green Day, she always puts international superhits on in the car and she has basket case as a ring tone. My dad doesn't really care, he just laughs at me.
whatsername48417
Geek
whatsername48417
February 18th, 2007 at 09:27am
my parendslike a few songs but r not really fans of them
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
February 18th, 2007 at 11:03am
*sniggers*

My dad uses the fact that their songs contain swearing/references to drugs/etc. to blame Green Day for everything
Last week he told me that 'such music encourages teenagers to become lazy and anti-social'

Shocked
Arcane-Inamorata
King For A Couple Of Days
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
February 18th, 2007 at 03:46pm
My dad likes When I Come Around and my mom likes all the singles off of AI but thats all I know that they like, but my whole immediate family knows all their songs cuz I listen to them so often. They don't care that there's swearing. Occasionally my mom will say "Nice Song" sarcastically and my dad will be like "Do they have a song without a swear in it?" and then I'll mention how 1039/SOSH and Kerplunk only have like 2.
musicsnob1971
Geek
musicsnob1971
February 18th, 2007 at 10:43pm
Mom's can kick ass in the mosh pitt. Dance
You should have seen me last year at the warped tour.
threeam.
Geek
threeam.
February 19th, 2007 at 12:21am
Dad - Doesn't really listen to them or anything, but respects that I love them so much. He knows Good Riddance and Waiting and likes to yell "ON HOLIDAY!" randomly at times.

Brother - He was in elementary school when Dookie came out so he knows a lot of Green Day songs. He isn't a fan, but like my dad respects my love for them.

Sister - She says their stupid just to bug me and shit, but I've caught her listening to When I come around, Wake me up, Holiday, Good Riddance, The Saints Are Coming and probably some other ones. We do that just to piss each other off. She loves Hedley, so I say that Jacob Hoggard is a fag. =D

Funny thing is that for her birthday her friends made her a collage of "Hot guys" as a joke and I snuck in her room one day and found 2 pictures of Billie on there. xD Hehe, I gotta go back in there and steal them.

Yep. Family doesn't really care. (Thank god.)
Between Halloweens.
Banned
Between Halloweens.
February 19th, 2007 at 10:01am
Oh my gosh... I think it was part of my moms thing that she got me into Green Day, cause when I was about 4 or 5 she always used to take me to this music bar in my town.. and I remember seeing them for the first time.. so if she never took me there... I would've never got into them till American Idiot. My brother, who's about 3yrs old now loves them!!! He's been a fan since he was born.. he can thank me for that. =] And everyday, he asks me for Green Day on the stereo. And he also said he wants to be Tre Cool when he's older... Man this is long but yeah... and he knows the names of them and points to them in my room. But i don't think my step dad likes them..
black_hawk_2009
Idiot
black_hawk_2009

Mibba
February 19th, 2007 at 12:49pm
My mom will listen to anything, pretty much... to be more specific, anything mainstream. All she doesn't like is death metal. So she can tolerate them, I guess.

Whenever I talk about them to my dad, he's always surprised by how people call them punk (shut up, I think they are) and how they're even still around... I don't think he has too much of a problem with them though. He'll be talking about Tenacious D and say "Yeah, their lyrics are really vulgar... but then you listen to the likes of Green Day." Lol. So he lets me listen to what I want. It's all good. Smile
Kelly Khaos
Idiot
Kelly Khaos

Mibba Blog
February 19th, 2007 at 07:17pm
musicsnob1971:
Mom's can kick ass in the mosh pitt. Dance
You should have seen me last year at the warped tour.

lmfao lmfao

moms are so cool Smile
Commando
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Commando
February 19th, 2007 at 08:46pm
My dad actually got me into Green Day.
Register