SHOW: Skins

AuthorMessage
Angelic Fruitcake
Falling In Love With The Board
Angelic Fruitcake
July 16th, 2009 at 07:38pm
Oh Cassie darling <3
I just want to hug her lol.

I probably won't be watching after series 3, tbh.
I've given it another try, on about the 3rd ep and I've yet to be sucked in.
I was hooked after about half an hour of series 1 skins. tehe
Effy
Addict
Effy
July 17th, 2009 at 08:46am
True, very true.
The first scene of series 1 was pretty much epic to me tehe

I just can't let go yet Crying or Very sad Laughing
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
July 17th, 2009 at 09:25am
Me neither. tehe
Been re-watching a bit of series 2 recently, still prefer the 1st though.
Effy
Addict
Effy
July 17th, 2009 at 10:33am
Series 2 were so depressing. And I didn't like Cassie anymore, biatch.
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
July 17th, 2009 at 11:47am
Mm ikr. :S

I still liked her, she just became increasingly even more fucked up and it made me sad lol.
Effy
Addict
Effy
July 17th, 2009 at 12:13pm
I hated how she was mean to Sid, I always loved her because she was practicly the only one who was nice to him xD
I did like how she was all party all the time Razz

Maxxie in series 2 was Drool though
Michael Valentine
Michael Valentine
July 20th, 2009 at 06:36am
Maxxxieeeeee ^^ Laughing
Effy
Addict
Effy
July 20th, 2009 at 07:17am
I love it when he dances Roxanne
Move those hips, balletboy ~~
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
July 20th, 2009 at 01:50pm
Ok, so I've just finished watching all of series 3 after giving it a second shot, and I must admit it does get a lot better. tehe

I still don't love it nearly as much as series 1, but I'm now definitely up for a series 4.

And my friend Bex was right, I now also definitely want to give JJ a big hug. ^_^
I like how Cook stopped being a twat for a bit come the end.
And how Emily and Naomi got together, eventually. After Emily's little speech at the ball thing when Naomi stuck her hand out I was like OMGyes
On that note, the latter looked bloody gorgeous in that dress. tehe

I've noticed the whole WE ARE TEENAGERS AND WE ARE WILDDDD WE DRINK AND TAKE LOTS OF PILLS AND MEANINGLESS SHAGS YAY CAUSE WE'RE WILDDDDD thing is a lot more obvious in this series though. Alot of it doesn't feel nearly as natural as it used to be, it feels more forced and superfluous even though there was probably just as much in the last two serieses. Feels like they have a lists of things to tick off each episode to make them more WILD AND EXTREME lol
Effy
Addict
Effy
July 21st, 2009 at 07:59am
lmfao
I know, that was my biggest problem with it as well. But if you look past the 3 or 4 shagging/smoking/drinking scene's the story is still pretty fucking awesome. I also kinda missed the humor. Most of the old cast were hilarious, the new cast isn't really that funny. The whole of series 3 is more emo I guess xD
Effy
Addict
Effy
July 21st, 2009 at 08:08am

lmfao
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
July 21st, 2009 at 12:15pm
^lmfao

I agree, there's a lot less humour in the new stuff.
ANGST ANGST ANGST
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
November 20th, 2010 at 07:40pm
First generation: The characters were like people you knew. (Sid, Chris, Jal, Michelle & Tony in any case) Or they were just awesome. (Cassie, Posh Kenneth <3) Sure, some of the storylines were ridiculous (the Russia trip stands out), but essentially the characters were all multi-faceted; they had their flaws (some more than others, especially Tony) but were realistic and had redeeming features; you 'got' them and why they acted like they did, and you cared about them.
What I liked especially was the fact that they did actually work, even if they partied a lot; they had life ambitions. The media always skated over that. And the finale of series 2 was genuinely heartbreaking - especially the New York part. (I cried for ages when it was originally shown.) Tony 'n' Michelle's resolution of their relationship was touchingly mature. Anwar's (platonic) eloping with Maxxie was uplifting. It was just one of those "I wish I'd written that" shows.

then...

Second generation: Wow. Just wow. I don't think a show has ever plummeted in quality so rapidly. Ok, so there was a new cast; fair enough. It made sense to do that. But the characters were absolute crap (Cook was just an arse, he was never believable as a 'victim' - he drove me mental. Pandora was ridiculous. Effy became incredibly annoying, which is a shame because she was intriguing in the first two series.) and the situations were more stupid than before (a rave under a sewer? A gangster's party on a boat in Bristol? A psychopathic therapist? Oh, please). The characters I vaguely liked from series 3 (Naomi, Emily, JJ) became absolute arseholes in series 4. You never understood why everyone was so hung up on Effy when she was a bitch/mentalist by turns; the sex 'n' drugs was pushed to the limit and became plain boring, especially when it was unrealistic - come on, Pandora and JJ would never have lost their virginities or had multiple partners. Sid you could understand, because while he was a loser he was still fairly normal, but those two? No. Just no. There were occasions where it still had the humanist touch of the first two series (Emily and Katie's family issues, the episode where Effy goes mental), but they were outweighed by the utter dross that surrounded them.
But the worst thing - oh yes, it gets worse - was the horrendous, simply horrendous, series 4 finale. Particularly their results/uni things. Pandora and Thomas's uni arrangements in particular made me want to go out and commit homicide. I was that infuriated. Genuinely. Oh, and as for the preposterous "cliffhanger" and Naomi's stupid speech to Emily... give me a break.

I would say "rant over", but it's barely even "rant begun". I hated the second generation. Especially now I've rewatched the first and most of the second series. The gulf in quality is incredible.
I know I sound horribly pretentious in this post, but I am very passionate about this topic!
Daydream-believer
Jackass
Daydream-believer
December 10th, 2010 at 01:31pm
^^ I 100% agree. I just looked at the E4 website and they have pictures of the new cast but I don't really think they should make anymore. Shows should always keep you wanting more, not get so bad that no one watches them. I've watched series 1 so many times, I can never get bored of it Smile
leannebtns
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
leannebtns
December 19th, 2010 at 01:24am
The US version looks like it's going to be retarded, but knowing me I'll watch it anyway for the lulz and just so I can complain about how much better series 1 and 2 of the UK version were, haha.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 01:04pm
I'd watch it. It seems very interesting because I hadn't heard about this show until I saw the previews for the US version.
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
January 16th, 2011 at 07:19am
I would seriously recommend that you try and find the first two series of the UK version online before you watch the American version! I honestly can't see how they could equal the original two series Very Happy
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
January 20th, 2011 at 06:59am
http://www.e4.com/video/TmNfroSiuGRjuim43WNOdU/play.e4
Trailer for series 5! Not sure what to make of it...
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
January 22nd, 2011 at 06:30am
I saw a bit of the US version the other day...mostly word for word, scene for scene for the first episode of the original version. I see no point.
ColieAnne91
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ColieAnne91
January 25th, 2011 at 10:54pm
I watched the first episode of the UK version & it was okay.
Then I watched the US version first episode & it was ok.
But I have not watched UK 2nd episode yet but the US second episode was amazing.
Skins US my new fav.
Register