BDSM Legality

AuthorMessage
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
March 18th, 2007 at 11:52am
BDSM is any of a number of related patterns of human sexual behavior. The major subgroupings are described in the abbreviation "BDSM" itself:
Bondage & discipline (B&D)
Domination & submission (D&S)

yes basicly "kinky sex", but lets be serious

The legal situation of sadomasochistic activities varies greatly between countries. In Japan, Germany, the Netherlands and the Scandinavian countries, consensual BDSM is legal.
in many places sadomasochistic activities and fantasies are regarded as a mentil disorder.

do you think it should be legel or that it is to risky?
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
March 18th, 2007 at 02:26pm
I think any consensual sexual behavior that happens between two consenting adults, so long as it hurts nobody else, should be legal.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 19th, 2007 at 05:14pm
why should it be illegal?? if its between two people who know when to stop then yeah its ok, also who ever says they have no sexual deviant are generally liers, (for adults that is)
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 19th, 2007 at 06:26pm
Anyone who has issues with bondage obviously hasn't seen enough of Bettie Page, but whatever. Coffee

Oh, I'll just throw this out there, but the term typically used for those new to BDSM is "newbie". So, whenever I see someones rank as "Shoot Me, Im a Newbie" I crack up lmfao

Alright, serious now. The problem with this isn't when it's between two consenting adults, the problem occurs when it's between a consenting adult, and an adult who thinks they are consenting. Sometimes when D&S is practiced in relationships, it becomes more than sex, it becomes a lifestyle. It isn't just a sexual domination, it becomes emotional and mental and can lead to abuse. Obviously making it illegal isn't the soulution to this problem because abusing someone is already illegal, that isn't stopping it. The Top (dominator) needs to feel control and power of the bottom (submissive), it has nothing to do with sex. In a way it's quite similar to rape. The majority of sexual abusers never want sex, they want power.I remeber reading abuot a 6 month old baby that was sexually abused, who sees an infant as a sexual object? You don't, but some people see it as an opportunity to dominate.

Im not saying all people who are into D&S are sexually abusive freaks, but it does happen. The bottom person thinks they are commiting to a sexual relationship, and it may start out that way but it can turn into so much more and they don't know how to leave. They're scared. And until someone helps them, or they work up the courage to get out themselves, they are just stuck in This is typically not something people are open about. I think making information readily available is a start for people, so that they can distinguish between a healthy relationship and one that could become dangerous. Still, that isn't something you can expect to help everyone either. It's a tricky situation.
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
March 20th, 2007 at 07:53am
Kurtni:
Anyone who has issues with bondage obviously hasn't seen enough of Bettie Page, but whatever. Coffee

Oh, I'll just throw this out there, but the term typically used for those new to BDSM is "newbie". So, whenever I see someones rank as "Shoot Me, Im a Newbie" I crack up lmfao

Alright, serious now. The problem with this isn't when it's between two consenting adults, the problem occurs when it's between a consenting adult, and an adult who thinks they are consenting. Sometimes when D&S is practiced in relationships, it becomes more than sex, it becomes a lifestyle. It isn't just a sexual domination, it becomes emotional and mental and can lead to abuse. Obviously making it illegal isn't the soulution to this problem because abusing someone is already illegal, that isn't stopping it. The Top (dominator) needs to feel control and power of the bottom (submissive), it has nothing to do with sex. In a way it's quite similar to rape. The majority of sexual abusers never want sex, they want power.I remeber reading abuot a 6 month old baby that was sexually abused, who sees an infant as a sexual object? You don't, but some people see it as an opportunity to dominate.

Im not saying all people who are into D&S are sexually abusive freaks, but it does happen. The bottom person thinks they are commiting to a sexual relationship, and it may start out that way but it can turn into so much more and they don't know how to leave. They're scared. And until someone helps them, or they work up the courage to get out themselves, they are just stuck in This is typically not something people are open about. I think making information readily available is a start for people, so that they can distinguish between a healthy relationship and one that could become dangerous. Still, that isn't something you can expect to help everyone either. It's a tricky situation.

agreed, exactly what i was going to say XD
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
March 20th, 2007 at 08:29pm
^

That's rape though.
peeingchicken
Geek
peeingchicken
March 21st, 2007 at 08:12am
yeah....it turns into like a horror movie gone horrorbly bad.i think if its just sex with totally killing each othr then your fine.was that off topic?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 21st, 2007 at 03:59pm
BDSM!! can be safe and is safe for many men and women, and it should be left to the couples choice if that is what they want to do, many people have what they call a "cut of" word, and when that word is said they stop. and for most people (ok not all) who practise BDSM!! theya re really enjoying themselves and why shoudlnt people enjoy sex, and have fun while doing it?

also the pain thing is a good pain, like little scratches and light slaps on your bum, or even hard slaps (depending what that person likes) a bad pain is "dropping somthing on your foot", also being bound and gagged can be seen ahs art by some people, and art has many ways of being expressive
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 21st, 2007 at 05:31pm
peeingchicken:
yeah....it turns into like a horror movie gone horrorbly bad.i think if its just sex with totally killing each othr then your fine.was that off topic?

Did you mean without killing each other? Mr. Green
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
March 21st, 2007 at 05:54pm
Kurtni:
peeingchicken:

Did you mean without killing each other? Mr. Green
no
WITH killing ecah other
now that's just freaky
dude, Twiggy and Marilyn should totally do that

off topic, sorry
but yeah, as long as it's consensual
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 21st, 2007 at 07:20pm
druscilla; callmedru:
I think any consensual sexual behavior that happens between two consenting adults, so long as it hurts nobody else, should be legal.
Up
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
March 24th, 2007 at 05:29pm
Lmao. Considered a mental disorder?

Here in the US I believe it's probably legal to an extent. I doubt they want people cutting or leaving real bad marks on each other because it "turns them on" or whatever.

I think it's okay to an extent. And that extent is probably like being ordered by your partner (also to an extent), biting, handcuffs, and maybe some hitting but not to where there's like bruises and the persons crying or whatever.

That shit is a little fucked up.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 24th, 2007 at 07:54pm
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!:

Here in the US I believe it's probably legal to an extent. I doubt they want people cutting or leaving real bad marks on each other because it "turns them on" or whatever.

I think it's okay to an extent. And that extent is probably like being ordered by your partner (also to an extent), biting, handcuffs, and maybe some hitting but not to where there's like bruises and the persons crying or whatever.

That shit is a little fucked up.

but people (i dont agree with this) cut they gentials of to show the other dominate person they want them!! and if it's they're body why cant they?
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
March 24th, 2007 at 08:11pm
Well, because like, abusing someone is against the law here. So I doubt that'd be allowed. xDD
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 24th, 2007 at 10:24pm

Were you replying with a question, or were you actually asking a question?
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 25th, 2007 at 12:16am
Does the subtitle "no funny stuff children" annoy anyone else? Or is it just me that feels like it's condescending?

I think that what two people do intimatly between themselves, if both are consenting, is up to them.
miyako xxx
Geek
miyako xxx
March 25th, 2007 at 09:20am
I always thought of consenual BDSM as a good thing for a relatonship.
like you're showing them that you love and trust them enough to let them tie you
up and spank you or whatever without severly beating you/ killing you vice versa.
and like said before most people have a "safe word", but again your trusting the
other person to adhear to that. anything non consenual is not good and is basically
rape, which is already illegal. but point being there can be love behind BDSM, not
just random kinky sex purposes.
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
March 25th, 2007 at 07:48pm
Kurtni:

Were you replying with a question, or were you actually asking a question?

I wasn't actually asking a question. I was like quoting what they said.
*muffin_girl*
Jackass
*muffin_girl*
March 27th, 2007 at 04:57am
ive been submissive before... only a little bit of being tied up and orderd to do stuff kinda thing but i trusted the person who was dominate 5billion% and i knew if i told him to actually stop he would. its a big mater of trust. Retard if you both trust eachother 100% (preferably more Smile )
lol
then it definatly shouldnt be illegal. i know ppl who are into quite heavy BDSM stuff and there nice kind people and they do genuinely care about their partner. if you make it ilegal then it will cause problems because people will be more likely to dominate normal members of the public (like rape and genarall violence) because they wouldnt be able to go to a licenced sex shop to get any advice of talk it through to make it consensual. -_-
just genaralising there and im real tired so i hope it makes some kinda sence
lol Mr. Green
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
March 27th, 2007 at 08:21am
Actually it made pretty good sense. And those are good reasons. Never quite thought of it that way.
Hmm..
I guess it is the person's decision. But it's not really up to me.
Register