AuthorMessage
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2007 at 02:46pm
WeFoundTheDuck:
Dr. Cuddy:
In the Dark age, they didn't even have a canalization. My point would be that he human society has evolved from that times. Maybe a bit more than necessary in some ways, bad ways, and thats why the Church is needed. Moral support may not seem that important, but it is. In bad times, people refer to God, and those bad times, like war or trouble in the country is all connected with the government. I remember when the war started here, people were told to stay at home and pray while other went to war. It gave the people some security. Government uses religion in so many ways, especially while making laws. They always make laws that wont interfere with the Church. And those laws are good, they are moral. By separating Church from the state would bring a lot of chaos since the Church has more influence than it really seems.
But what about atheists, agnostics, muslims and so on and so forth. The US government doesn't really support their religions, it mostly supports the catholic, christian and jewish religions.
Since I don't live in the US I need more backup on the non-supporting thing. In Croatia we support all of our religions and even though there are way less religions than in the US I highly doubt that our government system is better developed than yours. Think
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2007 at 11:13pm
But what about atheists, agnostics, muslims and so on and so forth. The US government doesn't really support their religions, it mostly supports the catholic, christian and jewish religions.

Just because religion and government could work together does not mean that they would be forcing a religion on someone. A Christian religious moral is that murder is wrong, I bet alot of agnostic and athiest people agree with that. Allowing things such as that to be present in governemnt isn't going to harm anyone. Whatever religion the country was founded on may have more prominence, but tht isn't really a bad thing. Different countries would have different religions, and if you were strongly and morally opposed to a particular religon and felt that it's involvment in the government was harming you, no one is really forcing you to live there either. Think
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
April 17th, 2007 at 01:23pm
A lot of countries that were formed in the post-colonial-India-partition-thingy chose to be Muslim nations. Aside from the whole Taliban thing, most of them are doing dandy and there are people of different religions who live there. Its just certain things.

For example, according to Islam, you're not allowed to lend money for interest. The banks in those nations do not charge interest. Stuff like that isn't going to cause problems if they go according to the Bible.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
April 19th, 2007 at 12:57pm
Kurtni:

Just because religion and government could work together does not mean that they would be forcing a religion on someone. A Christian religious moral is that murder is wrong, I bet alot of agnostic and athiest people agree with that. Allowing things such as that to be present in governemnt isn't going to harm anyone. Whatever religion the country was founded on may have more prominence, but tht isn't really a bad thing. Different countries would have different religions, and if you were strongly and morally opposed to a particular religon and felt that it's involvment in the government was harming you, no one is really forcing you to live there either. Think
Think

Well, I really think that religion holds my country back. I can't speak for any other country, since I don't have much experiance as a traveler, but I know that aside from the scientific advances we could have made, there are also bills passed or vetoed based on religious beliefs.

I'm not saying that religious beliefs are bad, but I'm saying that sometimes they can interfere with making the most logical decision for an entire group of people who may not have the same beliefs.
Register