Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 02:29pm
Be Your Own Pet!:
people are only celibate cause they know their never going to get any
thats why priests and nuns are so ugly

people who practive celibacy just need to get laid

I could make a long post about how celibacy in nunery's is about deepening your relationship with god and not giving into the sin of the flesh, Also allows better communication with other church goers but your probably right it's cause there ugly I mean young girl like below wouldn't be caught dead in a habit.

I wonder what she does.

Oh
Bones
Falling In Love With The Board
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2007 at 05:05pm
finally, someone who agress with me
i mean, it is highly unlikely that good looking people that have absolutly no problems having sex are going to give that up to be celibate and close to god instead
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
April 16th, 2007 at 07:16pm
Elegant Ruble:
i mean, it is highly unlikely that good looking people that have absolutly no problems having sex are going to give that up to be celibate and close to god instead
There is actually GOOD LOOKING people who are celibate. I know....Ive seen. AND ITS A DAMN SHAME. But really Its their choice, if they want to or not. I think the reason some priests and nuns are celibate is because they believe its like God-liness.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
April 22nd, 2007 at 05:38am
I wouldn't say catholic priests are made to be celibate, they choose to become celibate when they choose to become a catholic priest. But who knows, maybe they wouldn't molest altar boys if they were allowed a wife.
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
April 22nd, 2007 at 08:11am
Dom:
But who knows, maybe they wouldn't molest altar boys if they were allowed a wife.
That is such an ignorant comment.
The percentage of celibate priests who have molested children is nowhere near that for non-celibate people. It has just been particularly publicised by the media, who love a scandal - with terms like 'pedophile priests' filling up headlines.
Statistics actually show that child molestation occurs most often in families - which, remember, celibate priests do NOT have.

There is no evidence, except speculation, to show that celibate people are more likely to sexually abuse children.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
April 22nd, 2007 at 11:52am
I think celibacy is an ultimate form of discipline. If you can resist sex and sexual feelings and devote yourself to something you believe in with your life...wow. If you can do that, you can pretty much do whatever you set your mind to.

Problem is...I don't feel it's natural. I don't feel it's right. To resist sexual feelings, one would have to distance oneself from the opposite gender or even the same gender. You might feel alone, even though you have God. I believe that those who serve God should do so with a family by their side and by living as God intended mammals to live, doing like they do on the Discovery Channel. My god that was cheesy, but yeah.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 22nd, 2007 at 02:24pm
Elegant Ruble:

sar·casm /ˈsɑrkæzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sahr-kaz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
April 23rd, 2007 at 12:45pm
rehabreject:
Dom:
But who knows, maybe they wouldn't molest altar boys if they were allowed a wife.
That is such an ignorant comment.
The percentage of celibate priests who have molested children is nowhere near that for non-celibate people. It has just been particularly publicised by the media, who love a scandal - with terms like 'pedophile priests' filling up headlines.
Statistics actually show that child molestation occurs most often in families - which, remember, celibate priests do NOT have.

There is no evidence, except speculation, to show that celibate people are more likely to sexually abuse children.

sorry..i said 'maybe'...I do actually go to a catholic college and the priests there are nice enough people.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
April 24th, 2007 at 06:44am
This is getting off topic but I have to say this. Child molesters and sexual predators are usually nice enough, trust worthy people. Or at least, they seem to be. Until you realize you're married to a rapist like that lady on Oprah. But yeah. They can be mean or sugary sweet.

[/off topic]
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 24th, 2007 at 11:27am
lyrical_mess:
I think celibacy is an ultimate form of discipline. If you can resist sex and sexual feelings and devote yourself to something you believe in with your life...wow. If you can do that, you can pretty much do whatever you set your mind to.

Problem is...I don't feel it's natural. I don't feel it's right. To resist sexual feelings, one would have to distance oneself from the opposite gender or even the same gender. You might feel alone, even though you have God. I believe that those who serve God should do so with a family by their side and by living as God intended mammals to live, doing like they do on the Discovery Channel. My god that was cheesy, but yeah.
God intended for humans to have hormones which gives them urges to do stuff with the opposite gender in the bushes. It is unatural, but it is also a form of discipline. Maybe God choose a select few people to not have these hormones and serve the church in celibacy, who knows. But in that case, it's not really discipline, without any 'urges'.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
April 24th, 2007 at 11:29am
We had a discussion on that in class once. Someone suggested that people with sexual disorders often chose to be clergy. Everyone else just looked at him like "O_o..."
Register