I'm thinking about the deathly hallows

AuthorMessage
Effy
Addict
Effy
July 15th, 2009 at 12:01pm
If it was possible, I would totally go see it with you for a second time Laughing
I might go see it with my parents a second time and then AGAIN with my brother Cassie
Angelic Fruitcake
Falling In Love With The Board
Angelic Fruitcake
July 15th, 2009 at 06:03pm
I WANT TO SEE IT HDSJKGHDJK

I'm going to in a few days, I think.
dramamine;
King For A Couple Of Days
dramamine;

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2009 at 07:16pm
Effy:
Ron was amazing though Very Happy And Bellatrix, oh Bellatrix Roxanne + Draco OMGyes

Gah, I loved Ron in this film! Well, in every film, but he seemed to have lot of funny things to say XD

And the whole Ron/Lavender thing was hilarious XD
clark
GSBitch
clark
July 15th, 2009 at 07:35pm
Angelic Fruitcake:
I WANT TO SEE IT HDSJKGHDJK

I'm going to in a few days, I think.
take me with you plz
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 16th, 2009 at 06:13am
Todayyyyyyyyyy!

3 hours. I have to walk across the bridge that they destroy before and after I see it, hahahah. That's gonna be interesting.
dramamine;
dramamine;

Mibba Blog
July 16th, 2009 at 06:17am
^ omg Cassie

A show was doing a special on London today and they showed that bridge and I was like "Oh that must be really old footage, 'cause the death eaters blew it up."

File
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 16th, 2009 at 07:13am
Hahaha no it's still there in RL, LULZ. Kingsley fixed it up when he became Minister, it's all cool.
dramamine;
dramamine;

Mibba Blog
July 16th, 2009 at 08:25am
^ Oh, phew! Good ol' Kingsley!
goldenyears
Geek
goldenyears
July 16th, 2009 at 01:47pm
Roxanne Roxanne IT'S GOOD. VERY GOOD.

i think it's that good because it's more like...an adaptation of the book whereas with the first few films it seems like they tried to make the films exactly the same as the books.
but idk.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 16th, 2009 at 02:28pm
I thought it remained really close to the book while still having its own life if you know what I mean?

3D was AMAZING, it was the first 15 minutes with Slughorn etc but I was under the impression that the finale would be in 3D as well. I was disappointed.

I'm gonna put the rest in small font so those who haven't seen it yet don't get anything spoiled. Just my general view of the film, but it is a bit spoilery.

Was hoping for more than Hagrid's hut being set alight (I seem to remember some sort of battle) but I thought the students and McGonagall raising their wands was really touching.

Really liked the Hermione/Harry relationship building in this one as well. Hermione's often cast aside but the 'it feels like this' bit is brilliant.

Jessie Cave as Lavender gets top marks from me. She's brilliant. SO funny.

When Snape puts his finger to his lips then goes upstairs made me die. Literally made me die. Like, more dead than Dumbledore.

Loved the transition where Ron and Lavender go up the spiral staircase and it pans round to Draco being all lonely etc. Thought the whole thing was beautifully directed actually, Jim Broadbent as Slughorn was absolutely perfect.

Wasn't so keen on Frank Dillane being Tom Riddle. Being a Christian Coulson fan girl obviously I knew I would be biased, but he wasn't quite charming enough. Tom was charming and that was the reason so many people did what he wanted, but this Tom wasn't. He was very short, sharp and to the point. None of that hesitation or stutter that Tom put on when approaching difficult subjects. Ah well, he was good though.

The Ginny and Harry thing was fab, absolutely fab. I really liked it. It was enough without going overboard. I wish Ron had put an arm round Hermione in the last shot though.

Really liked the fact that lines were referenced all throughout, it really made it feel like it was the real life version of the book.

Overall, I loved it. Except for the missing battle of course.
dramamine;
dramamine;

Mibba Blog
July 20th, 2009 at 07:18am
So is only the first 15 minutes of it in 3D? 'Cause my friends and I were thinking of going and seeing it at the imax but...is it worth it? D:
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 20th, 2009 at 07:34am
The stuff that's in 3D is REALLY good, but it's only 15 minutes. I thought the finale would be as well so I was waiting for it but it wasn't. I think it makes a difference if you know what you're getting.

It's worth it if you have a 3D showing near(ish) and it doesn't cost a LOT more than a normal showing. If you have to go majorly out of your way then I'm not so sure it's worth it.
dramamine;
dramamine;

Mibba Blog
July 20th, 2009 at 07:40am
^ Ohh ok, thank you! My friend and I are deciding if we should or shouldn't xD
Mike Dirnt.
Mike Dirnt.

Mibba
July 21st, 2009 at 08:44am
I raped the new film, I thought it was really good.
There were a couple of parts I thought could have been a bit better and more detailed but I thought it was beautifully casted and directed. : )
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 21st, 2009 at 10:42am
You raped it? Bloody hell...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 21st, 2009 at 02:41pm
I'm pretty pleased with the HBP film. Obviously, there could've been a bit more Snape, but ah well. There was enough to make me squee ridiculous amounts nevertheless. I knew the 'there's no need to call me 'sir', Professor' scene wasn't going to be in the film, which is a shame, because it's one of my favourite in the book. Oh and the 'don't call me coward!' bit. But still.

Overall I really liked it, even when it did deviate from the book somewhat (including what happened to the Burrow. Totally inaccurate but it seemed really fitting. That scene was just brilliantly acted, though). I'm also thinking that Tom Riddle's posh accent was bizarrely attractive. Coolio

I'm just curious - since Bill Weasley doesn't exist in the films, what on earth are they going to do about the Shell Cottage scenes and all that in the DH films? Particlarly given that he has quite a key role with Griphook and whatnot. Actually, I know Shell Cottage must be in the films because I've seen on-set pictures but without Bill, I'm not really sure what they're going to do.
dramamine;
dramamine;

Mibba Blog
July 22nd, 2009 at 04:28am
Yeah, I've seen the shell cottage picture too. It'll be a bit random if they have Bill and Fleur in the 7th movie when they completely disregarded their existance/the fact that they're getting married in the 6th movie. (Unless they were in a bit and I missed it)

But they need them in the 7th for the wedding and shell cottage! If there's no wedding, Harry won't get to talk to Doge about Dumbledore D:
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
July 22nd, 2009 at 08:34am
CAUTION: SPOILERS

Great film, really enjoyed it, a lot more than I remember enjoying the other films when I saw them in the cinema. Really well done and put together in places. I loved the sharp contrast between the gutwrenching scenes of teenage love and the dark undertones which the book really gets across. The wands in the air didn't really do much for me, especially compared to the half-moon glasses sitting on an open book in his office. That choked me up a little bit. But otherwise pretty much everything I expected was in there. I think the young actors are really coming into their own now. Even Daniel Radcliffe who has seemed a little forced before managed to come across as being entirely natural, especially in the Felix Felicis scenes. Tom Felton and Emma also delivered great performances imo.

But a bit like the book I felt it jumped around too much and things suddenly happened all at once for no reason or without warning/explanation. Plus I thought Tom Riddle could've been a bit more charming. He just seemed like a creepy, slimy git to me. That's probably the only criticism I'd have of it, but otherwise its a really good film, and sets us up perfectly for DHpt.1.

Just done a bit of research into the whole Bill situation. Turns out he's gunna be played by Brendan Gleeson's (Mad-Eye Moody) nephew Domhall and that photos for the Deathly Hallows show Bill with the scars left by Greyback.

Here is a picture of him:
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 22nd, 2009 at 02:18pm
Bloodraine:
I'm pretty pleased with the HBP film. Obviously, there could've been a bit more Snape, but ah well. There was enough to make me squee ridiculous amounts nevertheless. I knew the 'there's no need to call me 'sir', Professor' scene wasn't going to be in the film, which is a shame, because it's one of my favourite in the book. Oh and the 'don't call me coward!' bit. But still.

Overall I really liked it, even when it did deviate from the book somewhat (including what happened to the Burrow. Totally inaccurate but it seemed really fitting. That scene was just brilliantly acted, though). I'm also thinking that Tom Riddle's posh accent was bizarrely attractive. Coolio

I'm just curious - since Bill Weasley doesn't exist in the films, what on earth are they going to do about the Shell Cottage scenes and all that in the DH films? Particlarly given that he has quite a key role with Griphook and whatnot. Actually, I know Shell Cottage must be in the films because I've seen on-set pictures but without Bill, I'm not really sure what they're going to do.

The Burrow attack was to show the threat of the Death Eaters being real because you hear about it through newspapers in the book, but it doesn't make it quite real enough in the film if that's how you hear about it. That's what one of the people involved said anyway. I think it was either David Heyman or David Yates, but I really liked it too.

I love how Ginny ran straight after Harry. <3
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
July 22nd, 2009 at 10:29pm
I'm finally going Saturday. From what you guys are saying I think I may enjoy this movie. I am excited Very Happy
Register