Toddler Abducted In Portugal

AuthorMessage
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
September 12th, 2007 at 01:07pm
Awww come on Steph, just a little riot? Pleeease?

The fact of the matter is that it could still go either way; we won't know until they find Maddy/find her body or her parents or someone else comes forward and admits to what has really taken place.

Innocent until proven guilty.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 12th, 2007 at 02:47pm
I'm like waaaay too shocked to believe this all. I was thinking of reviving this thread too, but I've been rather busy lately.

Seriously, Madeline's parents, both doctors, both very intellegent people, I don't understand how they could possibly be so idiotic as to do such a thing as that. God, I hope they are innocent, because even though it could've been an 'accident' as the police are stating from the evidence right now, it's still such a horrible thing. The worst part though must be how they exploited the media for coverage and sympathy. I mean, several well established individuals have tried to help them as well, and if this is what the police say, it's just so humiliating.

I don't think that two smart doctors are capable of doing such a thing to their daughter and to the public, but then, whom am I to judge what one can and can't do? I still think it doesn't make any sense though, really, and I know it's a bad reason, but they are too smart for that.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
September 12th, 2007 at 06:24pm
Anji:
I don't think that two smart doctors are capable of doing such a thing to their daughter and to the public, but then, whom am I to judge what one can and can't do? I still think it doesn't make any sense though, really, and I know it's a bad reason, but they are too smart for that.
It doesn't matter how smart you are, in a way, that could aid you towards getting away with murder.

Just because you're smart doesn't mean you have common sense, and in the heat of the moment, who knows what you could do? It could have been an accident and they just paniced, and they're now in too deep to get out of it.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 13th, 2007 at 03:12pm
Actually some of the most profilic serial cases have been performed by those in the medical profession, it gives them the sense that they can control life and death.

The fact is because their middle class the papers held them up as angels only now they have to turn sides because of increasing pressure from their working class audience.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
September 13th, 2007 at 03:37pm
Anji:
The worst part though must be how they exploited the media for coverage and sympathy. I mean, several well established individuals have tried to help them as well, and if this is what the police say, it's just so humiliating.

yeah I'd feel sorry for all the people they spoofed, who looked out for maddie and stuff ;(
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 14th, 2007 at 06:56pm
Boobmeister:
Anji:
It doesn't matter how smart you are, in a way, that could aid you towards getting away with murder.

Just because you're smart doesn't mean you have common sense, and in the heat of the moment, who knows what you could do? It could have been an accident and they just paniced, and they're now in too deep to get out of it.
I know it's a stupid reason, but it's also the fact that they have completely exploited their sympathy from the press and public which makes me believe that they should be innocent for the sake of knowing that there still is good in this world. All I'm really doing is praying that people aren't as cynical as they really are.
gdgeek513
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
gdgeek513

Mibba
October 24th, 2007 at 05:50pm
It is so obvious that its the parents fault!!!!!!!!!!If you ask me i don't care if you do that in a foriegn country, you do nt leave a toddler alone in a hotel even if she's asleep... get room sevice for God' sakes Mad
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 24th, 2007 at 08:49pm
gdgeek513:
It is so obvious that its the parents fault!!!!!!!!!!If you ask me i don't care if you do that in a foriegn country, you do nt leave a toddler alone in a hotel even if she's asleep... get room sevice for God' sakes Mad

.... good job Coolio
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
October 26th, 2007 at 10:12am
Jay Tee:
Also, despite the fact their child has been taken from them, they seem to be getting a lot out of this; flown around by a private jet... met the pope...

Exactly.

Made sure they got a damn sweet holiday out of this, didn't they?

Also, a few thoughts from me:

-If she wasn't a pretty blonde girl, this wouldn't have gotten half the coverage it has.
-She's dead, and has been since the search began. Those thinking they might find her alive, you're fooling yourselves.
-The parents, if technically 'innocent', are not so. You do NOT leave a bunch of young kids unsupervised in a hotel room so you can swan off for a nice meal. If they didn't kill her, they still have only themselves to blame.
-The media have painted themselves into a corner. If the McCanns are found guilty, there's a whole lot of people are gonna look pretty damn stupid. If they are somehow proved innocent, the papers etc. that switched teams when people started suspecting the parents, will look like monsters. They should have stayed impartial, but that's the tabloids for you.

If you ask me, the parents definitely killed her. Their story didn't ring true from the start, and the way they've conducted themselves has made me more and more suspicious. The hair and blood in the car kind of sold it for me.
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
February 14th, 2008 at 07:51pm
Yeah, i completely 100% agree w/ u on this.

First off, WHO THE HELL, in this fucked up world called reality, would leave there kids alone and then go to have some "couple" time over a nice dinner?? Doesn't make sense to me. And if u ask me, there's something pretty damn fucked up about this case as it's almost a year past now and no duh, the poor thing is definately dead and has been for some time now and the parents are guilty for leaving their kids alone and should be greatfull tat they didn't loose the twins. The parents should be charged for something called child abandonment as they are selfish enough to leave their kids alone in a hotel room while they go enjoy a nice dinner and they should be feeling like shit as it's their own fault for leaving the kids alone!!!
Register