The Morning After Pill

AuthorMessage
Billie's Willie
Billie's Willie

Mibba Blog
July 27th, 2007 at 05:26am
HomoChair.TreeHugger:
I think 18 is a dumb age limit when sex becomes legal at 16 here. What good is that? Having a pill you can't buy legally after contracting the 'illness' legally.

I think the key word there is "when sex becomes legal at 16 here. There are a number of states where the age of consent is 17 and 18.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 27th, 2007 at 09:55am
Billie's Willie:
Anji:
Condoms break once out of 116 times on average. Condom

Well then I guess me and my sister are 2 out of 232.
Those figures must be outdated then. Either that or the subjects tested were more vigorous than necessary.
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
August 1st, 2007 at 08:22pm
On the safety of the morning-after pill:

It's just a heavy dose of birth control and there has never been a reported OD on birth control, even if a child or infant takes it.
The test results for the pill have showed no problems for girls underage.
It was recommended for the over-the-counter use, but the FDA is conversative and said 'no'.
anti social
Jackass
anti social
August 1st, 2007 at 10:10pm
I agree, the morning after pill should be available to buy over the counter. I think the pill, plus condoms would definately reduce the number of teen pregnacies.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 2nd, 2007 at 03:00pm
I think that the government thinks that if girls have a limited use of contraceptive devices, they will be having less sex. It really doesn't work like that.
Sweeney Todd.
GSBitch
Sweeney Todd.

Mibba Blog
August 5th, 2007 at 01:01am
anti social:
I agree, the morning after pill should be available to buy over the counter. I think the pill, plus condoms would definately reduce the number of teen pregnacies.
Yes. I agree with this.
Bones
Falling In Love With The Board
Bones

Mibba Blog
August 10th, 2007 at 08:28pm
i dont like the idea of screwing around with my body - messing around with hormone levels doesnt sound like a good idea to me
the other kind prevents a fertilized egg from implanting, and i dont think a lot of people taking the pill really understands what it actually does, what worries me about it is that woman havent been using it long enough for the long term effects to be ovserved, i think there is a high chance that regular usage will cause changes in fertility over time
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
August 11th, 2007 at 04:07pm
Young For Eternity:
i dont like the idea of screwing around with my body - messing around with hormone levels doesnt sound like a good idea to me
the other kind prevents a fertilized egg from implanting, and i dont think a lot of people taking the pill really understands what it actually does, what worries me about it is that woman havent been using it long enough for the long term effects to be ovserved, i think there is a high chance that regular usage will cause changes in fertility over time

i thought the morning after pill was a one time thing?
are you talking about birth control?

... or i could be majorly confused.
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
August 13th, 2007 at 11:01pm
ColleenStarship:
Young For Eternity:

i thought the morning after pill was a one time thing?
are you talking about birth control?

... or i could be majorly confused.
it is birth control, what it does is stop a fertilised egg from implanting
you take it the morning after you have sex every time you have sex so if you are having sex regulary then you are using it over a prelonged period of time
porcelain-star
Geek
porcelain-star
August 14th, 2007 at 04:26am
i reckon the pill should be available to any age, over-the-counter
coz i really want to go on it, because im 13 and really really dont need to get pregnant
and ive asked, no begged my mum to go on the pill (saying its to reduced heavy periods of course) and she wont let me coz she like hippy
so the pill should definately be available
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
August 14th, 2007 at 05:16am
Paislee LeStrange:
coz i really want to go on it, because im 13 and really really dont need to get pregnant
and ive asked, no begged my mum to go on the pill (saying its to reduced heavy periods of course) and she wont let me coz she like hippy
I thought hippies were all about free love? ://
And I guess she suspects you only want the pill to have sex sooo....thats another thing. And dont you have to have a doctor check you out so he can tell you which "pill" to go on? Isn't it different for some girls...I heard that somewhere Think
porcelain-star
Geek
porcelain-star
August 14th, 2007 at 07:37am
robotchicken.:
Paislee LeStrange:
And I guess she suspects you only want the pill to have sex sooo....thats another thing. And dont you have to have a doctor check you out so he can tell you which "pill" to go on? Isn't it different for some girls...I heard that somewhere Think
well shes not hippy but shes all "omg get over urself evry woman get periods b;lah blah its NATURAL" *twitches*
and theres no way she would suspect the sex thing. im a very good liar "p
Mikelvr
King For A Couple Of Days
Mikelvr
August 14th, 2007 at 11:36pm
At my school, the pill is available for any girl over 14, if I recall right...
And well... Sure, it's a bummer if you were 13 and being raped... But I think that before 14, they have to call home or something...
And btw, I think it's a 'wonderful' product... A great help for things that turned bad.
Billie's Willie
Billie's Willie

Mibba Blog
August 15th, 2007 at 03:30am
robotchicken.:
And dont you have to have a doctor check you out so he can tell you which "pill" to go on?
Not necessarily. A lot of Planned Parenthood centers will give you BC pills without an exam. Or at least I know a lot around me that do that.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 15th, 2007 at 11:52am
The problem with the morning after pill is it's not supposed to be a contraceptive, it's a last minute option. But young girls now use it instead of condom, injections or the actual pill. The reason it's not sold over the counter is because relax use can mean complications a daft friend recently has been using it instead of condoms and now she hasn't had a period in 10 weeks not because she's pregnant but it's messed up her system.

Thats why it's prescribed to over 18's, because it's not a contraceptive it's a higher dosage and in younger girls it leads to health problems.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
August 15th, 2007 at 02:48pm
NeoSteph:
The problem with the morning after pill is it's not supposed to be a contraceptive, it's a last minute option. But young girls now use it instead of condom, injections or the actual pill. The reason it's not sold over the counter is because relax use can mean complications a daft friend recently has been using it instead of condoms and now she hasn't had a period in 10 weeks not because she's pregnant but it's messed up her system.

Thats why it's prescribed to over 18's, because it's not a contraceptive it's a higher dosage and in younger girls it leads to health problems.

thats what i thought.
[i had asked eariler and didn't thik the answer sounded right]
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 15th, 2007 at 04:11pm
NeoSteph:

Maybe if they attach some sort of security measure to it, like anyone who need it has to fill out a form with their name, age, address, phone number, etc. and ID. Not to deny any underaged girl from using it, but just for like, insurance and stuff. Most girls wouldn't realy want to bother with these sorts of formal forms and stuff, unless they really need it. Dno
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
August 15th, 2007 at 04:32pm
robotchicken.:

Hmm, they are, but a lot of them support alternative medicine and suchlike.

Actually, I had a friend who never had any vaccinations or took any ordinary medication at all, and her mum always made her take herbs and stuff that their homeopath prescribed instead of getting an MMR or BCG vaccination. Then again, this was the same mother who later forced her daughter to go on the pill, so it shows how much faith she really had in the system when it came down to it. lmfao
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 16th, 2007 at 10:42pm
Anji:
NeoSteph:

Maybe if they attach some sort of security measure to it, like anyone who need it has to fill out a form with their name, age, address, phone number, etc. and ID. Not to deny any underaged girl from using it, but just for like, insurance and stuff. Most girls wouldn't realy want to bother with these sorts of formal forms and stuff, unless they really need it. Dno

It is available to under 18's through that method but only by GP that way they can not over suscribe and confidentiality is kept.
*muffin_girl*
Jackass
*muffin_girl*
March 7th, 2008 at 08:55am
where I live it's available form the doctors, sexual health clinics, and some chemists and stuff for free if your under 18 or in full time education or whatever, basically what most perscriptions are like but you have to take it while your there and you get a MASSIVE lecture about unprotected (and underage sex if it applies)... and i mean MASSIVE lecture...Rolling Eyes
earlier on also (bit late i know but yeah...)some one said this:
I'd honestly think keeping it (or having it) over 18 is a good idea. You could claim this is because I'm male, but that would be silly. Keeping it over 18 means that an adult will need to be involved and they can teach the child about safe sex. In my opinion, that is no bad thing.
An Adult IS involved and they do teach you about safe sex and that, you dont have to be 18 for that and what if you got raped? or the condom broke? or just plain failed? its rare but they do.
and alot of people have been going UNDERAGE SEX!!! OMG!!! Shocked HOW DARE THEY BE SEXING UNDER THE AGE OF CONSENT!?!?!?! but to be fair, the age of consent is only a number set up based on 'some' peoples idea of when is right physically and mentally, everyone vaires, so thats aload of crap.
I even noticed when my 13 yr old freinds attitude changed, one min. she was still all... EWWWWW SEX!!!!! gross.... and not long after she could have a rational and adult conversation about it and She knew she was ready both physically and mentally, my 16 year old freinds still not ready though so yeah.
I personally have taken the morning after pill twice both times when I was 15, once from a sexual heath clinic (after I'd asked where I could get it from in school and got a massive lecture) then I went to the clinic, got another massive lecture, the same one, yet I still did it again, this was before I had the time to get a doctors appointment for the regular pill, but I loved this man (still do very muchly as a matter of fact.) I just didnt have the time to go to the doctors cos of massive waiting lists.
Luckily thouigh the next time I went to Boots chemists in the shop in town and there was another person before me and she saw the female person and from behind the screen things I could hear the massive lecture going on again, but then they asked me if i minded a bloke doing it and i was fine with that and thank god i did get the bloke cos it was just on the edge of the counter he went: when was it, have you taken this before, blah blah..... and then was like Im assuming youve had the talk then? and i was like yes, many many times. and he just ticked the boxes saying hed done all the talking and i understood and gave me the pill and some water. I then went on my way. to see the very guy that had got me that way in the first place to say it was all sorted as he was worried.

so its up to the individual in all this really. The pill should be given at damn near all ages but only from certified profesionals, and your parents shouldnt HAVE to know, you should be advised to tell them and such but its your choice again. Hand

and woooooo essay. Shocked
Register