Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
March 8th, 2008 at 11:14am
NeoSteph:
Anji:
NeoSteph:
The problem with the morning after pill is it's not supposed to be a contraceptive, it's a last minute option. But young girls now use it instead of condom, injections or the actual pill. The reason it's not sold over the counter is because relax use can mean complications a daft friend recently has been using it instead of condoms and now she hasn't had a period in 10 weeks not because she's pregnant but it's messed up her system.

Thats why it's prescribed to over 18's, because it's not a contraceptive it's a higher dosage and in younger girls it leads to health problems.
Maybe if they attach some sort of security measure to it, like anyone who need it has to fill out a form with their name, age, address, phone number, etc. and ID. Not to deny any underaged girl from using it, but just for like, insurance and stuff. Most girls wouldn't realy want to bother with these sorts of formal forms and stuff, unless they really need it. Dno

It is available to under 18's through that method but only by GP that way they can not over suscribe and confidentiality is kept.
In Denmark anyone over 15 can get the morning after pill, in any pharmacy/drugstore. And I even think that if the person looks 15+, they can buy it regardless.

It's not ideal, and people should be warned about this, instead of just thinking, "Oh how clever. Unsafe sex now, and no baby tomorrow." Con
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
March 8th, 2008 at 01:10pm
Besides the TV, how in this messed up world does a 13 year old know that much about sex to go ahead and do it??
neen bean
Addict
neen bean

Blog
March 8th, 2008 at 07:39pm
DaschundPup2007:
Besides the TV, how in this messed up world does a 13 year old know that much about sex to go ahead and do it??
I know a few girls who aren't virgins that are thirteen. They probably didn't know much about it, but there are girls that young who have lost their virginity.
Probably a poor choice on their part.
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
March 8th, 2008 at 10:28pm
HELL YES!! BAD BAD DESICION!!!
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
March 10th, 2008 at 07:08pm
Elegant Rubble:
i dont like the idea of screwing around with my body - messing around with hormone levels doesnt sound like a good idea to me
the other kind prevents a fertilized egg from implanting, and i dont think a lot of people taking the pill really understands what it actually does, what worries me about it is that woman havent been using it long enough for the long term effects to be ovserved, i think there is a high chance that regular usage will cause changes in fertility over time

I think that applies more to the birth control pill rather than the morning after pill.
But I agree 100% with what you said.
I don't think tampering with hormone levels is healthy for a woman.
Baguelle
King For A Couple Of Days
Baguelle
July 22nd, 2008 at 08:16am
One of the reasons why a pill like that wouldn't be available to someone under 18 without parental permission is because it's technically illegal for people under that age to be having sex (In the US, at least). It would kind of contradict the law that's already been made if kids as young as 13 were able to purchase that kind of medication.

Although it would prevent a lot of teen pregnancies (which would be great), it would promote sex for minors and that group might grow even larger than it is now. Lots of people aren't comfortable with the idea of children being sexually active. So many complain of how comfortable the youth in America is with sexuality. Imagine what it would be like if a 12-year-old was able to run down the drug store and purchace items that were originally intended for older men and women on their own.

I'm against that, overall. I know that there are benefits to having that on shelves, but there are also benefits to simply not having sex at a young age unless you're completely protected and are mentally ready. Personally, I think that being ready includes having permission from a parent/guardian. Then, you know that you would have some form of support if you got in "trouble." That's a whole other topic, though.
Register