women who propose

AuthorMessage
rhcpnat
Geek
rhcpnat
May 25th, 2007 at 07:06am
i was just wondering what is everyones opinion on women who propose to there boyfriends instead of it being the other way round.
what started this off is that i was having a conversation with a few mates and one of them is all for girls poping the question to there blokes but my other mate is dead against it and says that the guy should do it everytime and that if a girl does it before the 29th febuary then it not offcial and it bad luck.

so i throught i would see what other people think.

in my opinion i dont think it matters who does it just so long it is the right time and the right thing to do.
i also have a underlieing reason for asking but it a sort of long story so if anybody want to know what it is PM me and i explan.
blatant_narcisism
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
blatant_narcisism
May 25th, 2007 at 07:51am
i am female and i'd rather propose to a guy, or a girl.

if a girl proposed to me, however, i'd think it was hotter than a guy's proposal.

Zakura
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
May 25th, 2007 at 08:09am
I asked my first boyfriend to be my boyfriend, so thats something of a proposal. And if I didn't I would have to wait for God knows how long for him to do the that step and since I was sure he likes me I got a bit of inpatient. People were all Ivana, but you are a girl, but thats pretty dumb to say. There is nothing wrong in female proposals.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
May 25th, 2007 at 11:27am
i asked my husband to marry me on valentines night on a leap year, when it is suppose to be really romantic and special and that was 17 yeras ago!

i didnt see anything wrong with it, why cant a woman want to ask a man to marry them aswell has a man ask the woman.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 25th, 2007 at 03:21pm
Well... I proposed to my girlfriend-now-fiance.
I mean, there obviously was never going to be a guy doing the proposing in our relationship, but that sort of signifies that women are strong and don't need men to do the classic things they used to do.
I don't see any problem with a guy proposing, but I don't see any problem with a girl proposing either.
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
May 25th, 2007 at 06:51pm
I don't see a problem in a girl or guy proposing.
It isn't really gonna change how they feel about each other.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
May 25th, 2007 at 07:09pm
I think it depends entirely on the people. Some people might like it a little more old-fashioned than modern.
But I think gay relationships and marriages are proof that times are changing, and that it doesn't really matter very much anymore. Again, depending on the people.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2007 at 06:27am
I actually think it's kind of weird, but yeah Coolio

I mean, I have this old-fashioned idea that a guy should propose to the girl. Not so much with just asking them out, but marriage is somehow different.

It wouldn't really bother me either way, but its just not something I would ever do.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
May 26th, 2007 at 06:45am
Bloodraine:
I actually think it's kind of weird, but yeah Coolio

I mean, I have this old-fashioned idea that a guy should propose to the girl. Not so much with just asking them out, but marriage is somehow different.

It wouldn't really bother me either way, but its just not something I would ever do.
Yeah that's what I think.

Dunno why but I just think it's a bit strange. I mean, I know I would never do it because it would take a lot of guts and I'd be way too scared of rejection but yeah, it just seems more romantic to me to have someone else want to marry you enough to propose.
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
May 26th, 2007 at 07:21am
I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all, but personally I'd like someone to propose to me, not the other way around. Con

I think it's nice to have some traditions, you know? It's great that woman want equal rights but in the end there is a difference between a man and a woman, and sometimes it's nice to keep some traditions that remind us of that difference. Retard
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
May 26th, 2007 at 09:13am
I don't see a problem with women proposing. It's a bit unusual maybe,but I'm okay with it.
It's just that everyone is used to that boring old stereotype when men are supposed to propose women, so it seems weird when women propose.
I think we should just get used to it Con
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 26th, 2007 at 01:37pm
I see no reason for it to be unusual, it's just viewed as unconventional, which is the problem. If both the man and the woman are in the same place in their relationship, there is no reason for it to be unsuaual. If they both want to get married, who cares who asks, they love each other.
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
May 26th, 2007 at 04:03pm
it so doesnt matter who pops the questionVery Happy I'd find it sweet if a guy would do it, but i wouldnt mind doing it myself.
Hell_cat
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Hell_cat
May 26th, 2007 at 04:51pm
I personally think it doesnt matter who proposes to who....I know its traditional for the guy to propose to the girl, but times are a-changing.
I wouldnt hesitate in propsing to my boyfriend if I felt the time was right. Unfortunately (well, not really unfortunately, but you know what I mean) he already has plans, which I wouldnt dream of ruining Very Happy
timothy mctague.
Geek
timothy mctague.
May 27th, 2007 at 02:28am
I don't think it matters who proposes to who because if they say yes, they are both gonna be married.
I preffer men proposing to ladies because to me it seems like they are a gentleman.
LoveMeLudo
Idiot
LoveMeLudo

Mibba
May 28th, 2007 at 12:13pm
I don't think that it matters. Sure, the man proposing is more traditional but that doesn't mean that women proposing is wrong or anything.
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
May 28th, 2007 at 04:19pm
Of course there's nothing wrong with either way. I'm just old fashioned and would prefer it if someone proposed to me Very Happy
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 29th, 2007 at 12:02am
I see no problem with it, either way works.

I'm just the sort who has big dreams of being proposed to, instead of doing the proposing.
Lolli
Jackass
Lolli
May 29th, 2007 at 06:01am
If the woman loves the man and thinks he's worth a marriage but doesn't want to wait untill he porposes then she should get in there and ask.
There is nothing wrong with it.
redgreendayfan
Geek
redgreendayfan

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2007 at 08:02am
I don't think it matters who proposes to who although i would love a guy to propose to me but then i dont think i would mind proposing to him.as long as they love each other and the relationship is serious.
Register