D-D-D-Draco Malfoy.

AuthorMessage
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 31st, 2007 at 07:50pm
I think even though JKR showwed in the books that he's definitely not a hero, she'd given the fans potential to make something believeable of him in fanfiction, so if they want to make him good, instead of begrudgingly grateful, then it wouldn't be completely out of character, so thanks for that, JKR.
anti social
Jackass
anti social
August 1st, 2007 at 11:11pm
I've loved Draco since I read the first book.

And he looks amazing in the films. I was really dissapointed after watching the OotP since he said like, two lines. omgno
ree-ee-annan
King For A Couple Of Days
ree-ee-annan
August 3rd, 2007 at 04:09pm
Draco Malfoy.:
I know Don

I wanted him to have a way larger role.

I love him Cassie
I think this is why Tom doesn't get offered many other roles outside of HP, because he doesn't have enough screen time.

If you get me.

I think HBP will be a really good one for Draco, as it shows more of him and not just his nasty side Smile
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
August 3rd, 2007 at 08:20pm
I think Malfoy is brilliant, even if he did have a bit of a dodgey hair cut in PoA, which I have kist watched. he has one of the best lines in it. you know after he just got attacked by Buckbeak?

"You haven't heard the last of this, you or your bloody Chicken" lmfao lmfao
Mike N Tre Erections
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mike N Tre Erections

Blog
August 3rd, 2007 at 08:31pm

May as well add my art work in here.
ree-ee-annan
ree-ee-annan
August 3rd, 2007 at 09:20pm
yay, Draco-ness!

Its really good!
ree-ee-annan
ree-ee-annan
August 3rd, 2007 at 09:21pm
Beat Up Car:
I think Malfoy is brilliant, even if he did have a bit of a dodgey hair cut in PoA, which I have kist watched. he has one of the best lines in it. you know after he just got attacked by Buckbeak?

"You haven't heard the last of this, you or your bloody Chicken" lmfao lmfao
lmfao

His hair was a lot better than the "6 tonnes of lard" look he was working in the first 2 films.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 3rd, 2007 at 09:26pm
Yeah, I thought his hair was hawt in PoA...and in GoF and OotP.

He's just hawt all over.
ree-ee-annan
ree-ee-annan
August 3rd, 2007 at 09:33pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
Yeah, I thought his hair was hawt in PoA...and in GoF and OotP.

He's just hawt all over.
Smiley

I have to agree
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 3rd, 2007 at 11:12pm
Yeah, it was all falling in his face and he just looked SO much better, especially when he blew that little note to Harry. Cos before, his hair didn't even move and it was like...oh dear. And I mean, I know he was like 11 at the time, but so was I and I didn't think it looked remotely good.
ree-ee-annan
ree-ee-annan
August 4th, 2007 at 12:17am
Yes, I love his hair as it is now.
It never mentions his hair in the books does it?
Idk.

I think Tom Felton should take a leaf out of Dracos book and sort his hair out, it'd look better a bit longer.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 4th, 2007 at 01:39am
It just says it's blonde...I mean, he looked how I imagined he would look in the first film with his hair like that, so I think it might possibly say it like that, but I dunno.

I prefer it without all the slicked-backness though...and it looks super awesome when he wears his suit.

*sigh*

I've only become a fangirl since I've started writing Dramione stuff...I've written two one-shots and both of them revolve around food, hahaha. It's the only common ground I can find for them; the fact that they both eat. I'm bored of the head boy and girl stuff where they have to share a common room and have their dormitories next to each other and they fall in love and shit like that...it's just so oldddd.

(No offence if anyone's written/writing one of those, cos there are some brilliant ones out there but I've just read too many).
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 4th, 2007 at 11:13am
Flaming Phalanges!:
It just says it's blonde...I mean, he looked how I imagined he would look in the first film with his hair like that, so I think it might possibly say it like that, but I dunno.

I prefer it without all the slicked-backness though...and it looks super awesome when he wears his suit.

*sigh*

I've only become a fangirl since I've started writing Dramione stuff...I've written two one-shots and both of them revolve around food, hahaha. It's the only common ground I can find for them; the fact that they both eat. I'm bored of the head boy and girl stuff where they have to share a common room and have their dormitories next to each other and they fall in love and shit like that...it's just so oldddd.

(No offence if anyone's written/writing one of those, cos there are some brilliant ones out there but I've just read too many).

EGG-FUCKING-ZACTLY.

But he's such an amazing character to work with. There's actually a fan video that inspired me so so much. I need to rework some of my HP stuff and put it on Mibba...
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 4th, 2007 at 02:36pm
lyrical_mess:
Flaming Phalanges!:

*sigh*

EGG-FUCKING-ZACTLY.

But he's such an amazing character to work with. There's actually a fan video that inspired me so so much. I need to rework some of my HP stuff and put it on Mibba...

Were you agreeing with all or a specific point?

But I must agree that he's an amazing character to work with. He's just got so many sides to his personality, and I love that JKR let us see him cry because otherwise people'd just be like 'no way, you could never write Draco good, he's a cold hearted bastard' but now it's like 'omg he cried in HBP bless him. I want to hug him'.

And he's just so damn funny as well. I find myself laughing more at what he, Lucius and Voldemort say than what Harry, Ron and Hermione say.

I mean, in the OotP film I burst out laughing when Lucius went "He's just a curious lad, aren't you?"
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 4th, 2007 at 06:10pm
I meant I agree with the Dramione bits.

Because its so hard to imagine in the Head Girl/Head Boy fics that after Hermione gets attracted to him and they magically (no pun intended) fall in love, he becomes this ultra good boy and makes up with Harry and the Weasley family welcomes him and they all live happily ever after.

I wrote one. Head Girl/Head Boy fic, I mean. Only my Draco was totally cold and bringing giggly Slytherin girls in every night and Hermione kind of resented him and thought it was gross, even though every time she peeked at him without his shirt off she was like " *swoon* " And then one night he's sitting on their sofa, where Hermy usually does her homework and she's like "Get up" and he's like "No you stupid bitch." so she sits on the floor and keeps glaring at him, but he's getting quite a view of her cleavage so he goes "Erm...fine, I'll move over so you can sit here."

And she silently moves up onto the couch and keeps working and he's all close to her and then they kiss and move into the Head Boy's room and blah blah. And then the next night he brings in another girl and sneers at an unhappy Hermione. The end. No changing Draco.
anti social
Jackass
anti social
August 4th, 2007 at 06:40pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
But I must agree that he's an amazing character to work with. He's just got so many sides to his personality, and I love that JKR let us see him cry because otherwise people'd just be like 'no way, you could never write Draco good, he's a cold hearted bastard' but now it's like 'omg he cried in HBP bless him. I want to hug him'.

I know, right? I almost cried when I read that part. It was really sad. Or maybe I'm just weak. o_O

Anyway, I think Draco is cool since he's more than just a mean person. Maybe it's just me, but I feel that Harry is just this good person who's sort of emotional but still, all protagonist. Draco seems so much more developed in the story though his role isn't that big and he seems so much more real since his personalities are more human-like than Harry's.

In the first couple of books Draco is portrayed as this bully kind of kid and most people don't pity him at all. But in HBP a lot about him is unveiled and we get a taste of what his life is like, the pressure he goes through, and when he finally cracks in that bathroom. It's all really sad and real since we all know how it feels, trying to impress people, everything coming undone, crying 'till you're completely bone dry and yeah.

Not really, but you get what I mean. I hope. Maybe I just don't pay attention when I read the books. I don't know.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 4th, 2007 at 07:05pm
Sruti - Link please. Very Happy And I can't stand reformed Draco unless he's doing good for his own benefit. Cos he won't just wake up one day and think "omg my life is WRONG i'm gonna go find Hermione and she's gonna help me transform into a nice little boy who likes to drink tea and listen to the wireless.' BAAAAAAH. It's so easy to get Draco right, yet so many people get him wrong. I mean, it's hard to get him right in the complex way that JK does, but it's definitely possible, and it's incredibly easy to write sarcastic sneery lines and just give them to him, chuck in a few 'mudbloods' and it's sorted. Poor writers annoy me.

And I hate it when anyone in the Potterverse calls their bf/gf 'baby'. It's such an American thing, and in case you hadn't noticed, all the HP characters are either British, French, Irish or Bulgarian. Or even if I've missed a nationality out, I'm quite sure that American doesn't appear in there, and I know someone as sophisticated as Malfoy would cringe at referring to their partner as an infant. I mean, paedo much?

And anti social (sorry, don't know your name) - I would say that Draco is a very complex and very real character, but I disagree with what you say about Harry. I think he's a very typical teenage boy, he's just not as complex as Draco because he doesn't make himself complex, whereas Draco does. With Harry, what you see is what you get, which is most definitely not the case with Malfoy, giving him more layers. I still think Harry's just as life like, he's just a completely different person, and you get that in real life all the time, people hiding behind a mask are more of a mystery, whereas people who are upfront and honest aren't.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 4th, 2007 at 07:18pm
It needs refining. It's actually not written. A lot of my stuff right now is just rough outlines with a lot of grammar issues.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 4th, 2007 at 07:25pm
Well when it is written, you must send, ok?

And rough outlines with grammar issues is better than mine, which is just random snippets of bits that I liked crammed into a word document witch asteriscs marking the bits that haven't been written or even thought of.

I've got a plan for my actual actual WIP (two actuals intended) and it's a page and a half of vague bullet points, haha. I think I worked out it'd be about a hundred and eighty pages and all my plan is is just a page and a half of bullet points, most of which start wtih "for some reason or another...this happens" hahaha.
anti social
Jackass
anti social
August 4th, 2007 at 07:31pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
And anti social (sorry, don't know your name) - I would say that Draco is a very complex and very real character, but I disagree with what you say about Harry. I think he's a very typical teenage boy, he's just not as complex as Draco because he doesn't make himself complex, whereas Draco does. With Harry, what you see is what you get, which is most definitely not the case with Malfoy, giving him more layers. I still think Harry's just as life like, he's just a completely different person, and you get that in real life all the time, people hiding behind a mask are more of a mystery, whereas people who are upfront and honest aren't.

Wow you're so... smart. Or something like that. You'd make a good English teacher o_O

And my name's Katherine.
Register