Rap Music

AuthorMessage
derpina
Falling In Love With The Board
derpina

Mibba Blog
May 25th, 2011 at 09:22pm
Frank Anthony Iero.:
I mean, if Rap music was a little bit more political like Flobots, I would listen to more of it. Rock music is different because people know that excess in Rock is always there. Rap is more about killing people and gangs and that's not very fun.

Who says that rap music isn't political? Also, it's not all about "killing people and gangs."
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
May 25th, 2011 at 09:26pm
Dr. Perry Cox:
Frank Anthony Iero.:
I mean, if Rap music was a little bit more political like Flobots, I would listen to more of it. Rock music is different because people know that excess in Rock is always there. Rap is more about killing people and gangs and that's not very fun.

Who says that rap music isn't political? Also, it's not all about "killing people and gangs."

Most of the rap that my brother used to listen to was about gangs and I knew that it was bad. I have my rap that I listen to and it's not the rap that you guys listen to. I love Flobots because the style is different. They have a lot more layers to the music and I can relate to it. Same with Gym Class Heroes. My parents don't listen to rap and I'm not very interested in it. In fact, I'm sick of it because MTV plays way too many rap videos and I am just tired of it.
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
May 25th, 2011 at 10:10pm
Okay, nobody cares that you like those Flobots or whatever. Also, rap is not just 'damn it feels good to be a gangsta' stuff. It can be intelligent, too. And even the formulaic stuff can sound good. Just like every other music genre. Can't present an example, though, 'cause I'm not fond of rap myself. But I can surely identify a forum post that has no base and no point.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 25th, 2011 at 11:30pm

Tupac cares.

What do your parents have to do with it? 10 rap songs white people love. How can you possibly resist these?
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
May 26th, 2011 at 07:34am
Frank Anthony Iero.:

Wall Wall Wall

YOU'VE SAID THIS BEFORE. YOU WERE WRONG THEN AND YOU'RE WRONG NOW.

bangmebanderson:
I'm not a fan of rap specifically, but I can appreciate that, when done well, it can be humorous or politically motivated through its lyrics; it can highlight the societal problems of the lower orders. (I'm mainly thinking of Eminem's old stuff here.)

example: Mosh by Eminem was about the 2004 Presidential campaign. totally anti-GWB.
example: Sing For The Moment talks about the judgemental nature of the American justice system - "That's why these prosecutors wanna convict me, strictly just to get me off of these streets quickly... It's all political, if my music is literal, and I'm a criminal how the fuck can I raise a little girl?"

OH AND MORE IMPORTANTLY SO MUCH RAP IS ABOUT RACE POLITICS
JESUS HOW DID I FORGET TO MENTION THAT

I'm only using Eminem as an example so heavily because he's my favourite Laughing but yeah. Dana, don't even bother trying to maintain your 'rap isn't politically aware!!' stance in this thread because I will destroy it. I concede that a lot of the chart rap isn't, but its origins are highly political - as with any musical genre to be honest. Punk especially.
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
May 26th, 2011 at 07:40am
^ YES. YES. THE BEST POST in this whole thread!
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
May 26th, 2011 at 07:49am
ty <33 I'm just waiting for another inane, irrelevant/stupid reply from her but y'know, all good practice for my burgeoning journalism skillz
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
May 26th, 2011 at 09:08am
Should this topic be locked anyway? I think it has been clearly proved that rap is a musical genre with an undeniable artistic value and meaningful message just like rock, jazz etc.
This thread is just becoming an excuse for more or less of racial prejudice (in some cases, like dana's killing people gangs comment) as well as 12 year olds bashing at anything that isn't green day.
Spelling Cunts
Banned
Spelling Cunts
May 26th, 2011 at 10:07am
bangmebanderson:
ty <33 I'm just waiting for another inane, irrelevant/stupid reply from her but y'know, all good practice for my burgeoning journalism skillz

They're awesome. Don't forget to use (on smarter people) the questioning debate method politicians use. It's fun. Up
Spelling Cunts
Banned
Spelling Cunts
May 26th, 2011 at 10:08am
wild at heart:
Should this topic be locked anyway? I think it has been clearly proved that rap is a musical genre with an undeniable artistic value and meaningful message just like rock, jazz etc.
This thread is just becoming an excuse for more or less of racial prejudice (in some cases, like dana's killing people gangs comment) as well as 12 year olds bashing at anything that isn't green day.

It really should. Dana's been making the exact same "points" for a while now.

I seriously call Troll. Cause this is ridic.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
May 26th, 2011 at 12:17pm
Spelling Cunts:
wild at heart:

I am not a troll! You're the fucking troll! I mean, me listening to music isn't a big deal, so why should I listen to rap?
Raymond
Post Whore
Raymond
May 26th, 2011 at 01:33pm
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
May 26th, 2011 at 01:52pm
Frank Anthony Iero.:
Spelling Cunts:
wild at heart:

I am not a troll! You're the fucking troll! I mean, me listening to music isn't a big deal, so why should I listen to rap?

WE DON'T GIVE A RABID DUCK WITH SYPHILIS IF YOU LISTEN TO RAP OR NOT. IF YOU'RE GOING TO TALK ON THIS THREAD THEN YOU SHOULD BE PREPARED TO DEBATE ABOUT THE TOPIC, NOT WHETHER YOU LISTEN TO RAP. IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE AN IDIOT AND SAY STUPID THINGS THEN YOU SHOULD BE PREPARED TO BE SHOT DOWN OR CALLED A TROLL BECAUSE YOU MAKE THE SAME INANE POINTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND IT'S FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DAY WE GET NEW ADMINS SO SOMEONE CAN BLOCK YOU FROM THE DISCUSSION FORUM SO WE DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS SHIT ANY LONGER.
Spelling Cunts
Banned
Spelling Cunts
May 26th, 2011 at 02:01pm
Clap
I like how there's been about 3 instances where we've all reverted to using size 300 font to get the point across.
ZukoAlone
Idiot
ZukoAlone
May 26th, 2011 at 04:57pm
Frank Anthony Iero.:
Rap is more about killing people and gangs and that's not very fun.

Woah, that's a strong statement. It's like saying Rock music is all about worshiping Satan and sacrificing small children in forests. /:
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
May 26th, 2011 at 08:40pm
Dana: I hate rap, it's retards trying poetry.

AHHHHH

Dana: Flobots are my rap, they're political!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Dana: Rap is all gangs and killing.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

By god, you'd make a lovely starburst commercial eh.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2011 at 09:37pm
Wall
Wall
thank you jen though
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
May 26th, 2011 at 10:19pm
Okay. What rap artists would you suggest I listen to?
Mareh
King For A Couple Of Days
Mareh

Blog
May 26th, 2011 at 10:37pm
I suggest if you wish to listen to rap that's completely different from what you think it is, go listen to this song

These are 2 guys who create rap songs based off video games. This should be utter proof that rap simply isn't about gangs and killing and whatever else you say it is.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
May 26th, 2011 at 10:39pm
Okay. That looks pretty awesome.
Register