syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
July 30th, 2007 at 04:54pm
Differ'ective:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
...Although I really like Eminem's music. Shifty
Eminem is the only mainstream rapper that keeps rap music 'sane'. Other main. artists destroy rap and make people think 'rap sux'.

No he's not really the only one keeping it sane. There are several underground rappers. One of such would be Atmosphere. Atmosphere keeps it sane, Another is immortal technique, He adresses racial, and political issues.

I'm actually happy to see that alot of you aren't as close minded as the others I have met on here [ mainly the people in the blah blahs]. Some of them judge one by all. They should'nt that'd be just like judgeing one race/ethnicity by soemthing another person did.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 30th, 2007 at 06:17pm
SycoSkunk!:
I'm actually happy to see that alot of you aren't as close minded as the others I have met on here [ mainly the people in the blah blahs]. Some of them judge one by all. They should'nt that'd be just like judgeing one race/ethnicity by soemthing another person did.
That's because generally, the more mature GSB population comes on here to address social problems and items on the agenda. Not your average teenie hang out.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
July 30th, 2007 at 08:14pm
I like old rap. The stuff they play on Vh1 Classic. Eminem is always good with rythym and things.

50 Cent, the right thur guy, MIMS, etc ruin it. No, you are not hot and you are not fly. Shut up and go home. Rap wasn't started out as self-praise and degrading bitch-talk. I don't know if anyone's heard a rap song called Mr. Wendal, but its amazing. Its about a guy who lives on the street.
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
July 30th, 2007 at 08:27pm
lyrical_mess:
I like old rap. The stuff they play on Vh1 Classic. Eminem is always good with rythym and things.

50 Cent, the right thur guy, MIMS, etc ruin it. No, you are not hot and you are not fly. Shut up and go home. Rap wasn't started out as self-praise and degrading bitch-talk. I don't know if anyone's heard a rap song called Mr. Wendal, but its amazing. Its about a guy who lives on the street.

Yeah, the old was good too. NWA, Big Daddy Kain, Chuck D, KRS One, Scott Lerock, Boogie Down Productions ect. Mims is still ruining it along with a number of others such as mike jones, paul wall, slim thug, master p.
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
July 31st, 2007 at 01:46pm
I personally don't like rap music,but I have nothing against it either.

And one more thing. Not only rappers sing about sex. Most of punk bands do that too.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
July 31st, 2007 at 05:23pm
I really like the new Rap bands that are starting to become mainstream. They're music is REAL rap, not 50 Cent. It's like Eminem in Spanish.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
July 31st, 2007 at 06:11pm
Roots Radical:
I personally don't like rap music,but I have nothing against it either.

And one more thing. Not only rappers sing about sex. Most of punk bands do that too.
My issue that it seems to be the only thing they sing about, besides their money and their cars.
anti social
Jackass
anti social
August 1st, 2007 at 05:00am
Some rappers sing about really... trivial stuff like money, cars and basketball.

I like Eminem since he's [kind of] funny and [sometimes] sings about serious stuff. His song Mockingbird sorta really makes me cry D:
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
August 1st, 2007 at 02:55pm
anti social:
Some rappers sing about really... trivial stuff like money, cars and basketball.

I like Eminem since he's [kind of] funny and [sometimes] sings about serious stuff. His song Mockingbird sorta really makes me cry D:

Yeah, he isn't a celebrity club rapper bassically. he disscusses his life. Mockingbird, Mosh[adresses war in iraq], marshal mathers[talks about being sued for lyrics], the way I am[talks about fans, how he's sick of alot of stuff], drug ballad [might sound encouraging, but if you rlly understand it he's sorta trying to tell how stupid drugs are], no appologies, soldier, like toy soldiers, when I'm gone, sing for the moment, who knew.

^all good meaningful songs by eminem.
Brian May
Brian May
August 21st, 2007 at 12:06am
Ummmm....like a few yrs ago
I tried 2 ''get into'' rap.

cause...well..i was the only idiot in my class that didnt know bout Eminem and 50Cent and blah blah blah

But it just wasnt 4 me and it will never be Smile
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
August 22nd, 2007 at 01:54am
xXxAndreaIsCoolxXx:
I think a fairly good percentage of popular rap sends a terrible message.

If any.
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
August 22nd, 2007 at 05:52am
no doubt that alot of the popular NEW rap sends bad messages. but old rap that was popular sent good messages. example tupac- keep ya head up. popular song great message.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
August 22nd, 2007 at 12:15pm
I think that when rap "started", the whole point of it was to send a message from black people who were heavily forgotten. Later, perhaps mid or late 90s, rap was about fun and dancing, not all, but you had all of these floor fillers, memorable hits. Now to me it seems just like this huge business, nothing to do with music or its primal cause.
robbismybestfriend
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
robbismybestfriend

Blog
August 22nd, 2007 at 04:17pm
i will listen to just about anything, and I respect all artists that write their own stuff.

I just can't stand the fact that so much rap today is dedicated to pimps and hoes.
I know that prostitution is a tender subject in society, so why should we make it a bigger problem than it already is?

anyway...off from my rant, i will listen to some rap...the songs that have a meaning.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
August 22nd, 2007 at 05:38pm
I love some rap - Hollywood Undead, Gym Class Heroes, MC Lars, Eminem, and some other stuff like Public Enemy. Most of it isn't all about sex and "rollin' in da hood" or any of that. HU, MC Lars and Eminem are white but still rap really well.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
August 24th, 2007 at 07:45pm
Draco Malfoy.:
I cant stand most rap. Like 50 Cent etc. The only thing they ever write about is women, sex, guns, shooting, bling, cars, how much money they have and how awful their lives once were. Rolling Eyes

I dont mind rap, when it addresses a different issue bar those xD
Ditto'd.

I only like a maximum of 5 rap songs.

But I can see how and why it appeals to people, it's just not my cup of tea.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 24th, 2007 at 11:20pm
I love Immortal Techinique, Atmosphere, Sage Francis, Esham, etc. They're all amazing, but they're far from mainstream. Most people I talk to haven't the slightest idea who these people are. Eminem, well. That's another story.
Minority_Under_Dog
Minority_Under_Dog

Blog
August 25th, 2007 at 03:39am
I don't really like rap, but I respect it as a genre. The thing I don't like is how things are portrayed in popular rap music. Women are the equivlant to money and guns in most popular rap music. Women aren't objects, they are people even if some prefer to, er... do inapropriate things.
I respect rappers who sing from the heart, and sadly, there aren't many mainstream rappers who are willing to do that.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
August 25th, 2007 at 08:03pm
^ I agree, the thing that really offends me about rad is how they portray woman as objects, and that is an issue with all mainstream music, not just rap. I'm sure there are alot of rappers whos lyrics are from the heart but sadly those whos are not seem to have more sucsess. So then they start singing about them " pimpin".
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 27th, 2007 at 05:02pm
You know, though. The one artist who I don't care sings about sexing up women, or talking about his affuence and cars or wahtever ir James Brown. I know he's not rap, but without him, the 'soul' of rap wouldn't exist therefore he is a co-founder of sorts. Anyway, sometimes, I really don't care how much they seem to use women in their songs, but when they all do it, there's a certain unoriginality to it. And James Brown was always original so it was OK for him. And he makes all his songs very sexy, so that was just brill too.
Register