Rap Music

AuthorMessage
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 28th, 2007 at 02:21am
katie's not grey:
I usually don't mind most rap I hear. Probably because I've been a Linkin Park fan for so long, I'm used to hearing it. I mean, I really like Fort Minor and a little Eminem, but like others have said, I can't stand it when rappers have sexist lyrics. It just disgusts me. Dno
Mysogynistic lyrics. Down
wilhelmstekel
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
wilhelmstekel
September 28th, 2007 at 06:40am
Rap music = oxymoron
Garrett Hanlund
This Board Is My Home
Garrett Hanlund

Mibba Blog
October 1st, 2007 at 04:27am
wilhelmstekel:
Rap music = oxymoron
How so?
TrainSpotting
Geek
TrainSpotting
October 1st, 2007 at 01:24pm
I respect rap even if I rarely find the urge to listen to it. and if I laugh at certain rap songs in a rude way. haha.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 1st, 2007 at 02:37pm
I love French rap, because I cannot understand how one can take it so seriously. It's just very laughable, I don't know why.
TrainSpotting
Geek
TrainSpotting
October 1st, 2007 at 03:30pm
I like more old school rap than I do the newer stuff. I dig Eminem, though. Even though I've heard the new stuff sucks.
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
October 3rd, 2007 at 03:47am
lostgrenade:
rap is like the weirdest type of music, i mean this guy goes into a studio and just talks, says whatever comes through his mind and another guy plays with the buttons in the studio, they do this for about 5 minutes and here comes a new hit for mtv. That's how i see rap, and it's just ... i don't know ... mostly bad ...

No, rap is not just talking and pressing buttons for five minutes. Rap concentrates on alot of different rhyme schemes, some simple some complicated. Rap is rythym, and mainly flow ect. You express alot of emotion in rap music. Hip-Hop which you see on tv is the stuff that may be talking ect. Rap takes more time. You have to produce the song with a certain beat, go in record the song until you get it right, then go back re-record over it which is over dubs, then add in adlibs ect. then you line them all up, ajust each verse, beat adlib, over dub individually,
then match them, and blend them all together. It is quite complicated.
Garrett Hanlund
This Board Is My Home
Garrett Hanlund

Mibba Blog
October 3rd, 2007 at 05:11am
syco:

No, rap is not just talking and pressing buttons for five minutes. Rap concentrates on alot of different rhyme schemes, some simple some complicated. Rap is rythym, and mainly flow ect. You express alot of emotion in rap music. Hip-Hop which you see on tv is the stuff that may be talking ect. Rap takes more time. You have to produce the song with a certain beat, go in record the song until you get it right, then go back re-record over it which is over dubs, then add in adlibs ect. then you line them all up, ajust each verse, beat adlib, over dub individually,
then match them, and blend them all together. It is quite complicated.
Yes, finally someone who understands how complex it is and doesn't think it's just someone speaking in rhythm.
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
October 4th, 2007 at 03:52am
^ I undersstand because I make rap music. Hence the link In my signature. I'll always talk about how complex it is loll.
Boxman_is_my_homie
Geek
Boxman_is_my_homie
October 8th, 2007 at 01:16am
I don't mind rap music.
My friends listen to it.
So I'm pretty used to it.
And, I don't think jsut cause you're friend hates rap you should ahte rap to.
I mean my friend hates rap but I don't.
Rappers have meaning in their songs.
Just like poets have meaning in their poems.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
October 8th, 2007 at 01:25am
Boxman_is_my_homie:

You did not just compare rappers to poets
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 8th, 2007 at 04:34am
I hate rap. It is just really annoying. Only once in a while I find a rap song I like. But there is one rapper I like. And that is Fort Minor. But the only reason I really like him is because he is Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park. I like the way he rapped in LP, so when he put a solo album, I decided to get it. The first few time I listened to it I didn't really like it. But now I think it is a pretty cool CD. It is the only rap CD I own. I think the reason I like him is because he raps about real life things. He doesn't rap about how much money he has or about going to the club and getting girls. He raps about real life stuff. For instance, "Get Me Gone" is a song about how when he first started out in LP, magazines printed that their label made them. That they wrote all their songs and that Mike should just play keyboard because they already had singer, so they didn't need him. Then there is a song called "Kenji" which about how during World War II his family was sent to concentration camps because they were Japanese(This was after Pearl Harbor). Then their is "Where'd You Go" which is about his wife missing him when he is on tour. Plus, Mike writes every lyric and he can actually play instrumets, like guitar and keyboard, so he can write the music too. That is why I like Fort Minor.

I do have to say though that rapping to the songs is fun. For instance, the song "Bleed It Out" by LP. I learned all the lyrics to that song and it is fun rapping to it. It took me awhile because it is so fast. But I got it down pat now!
Garrett Hanlund
This Board Is My Home
Garrett Hanlund

Mibba Blog
October 8th, 2007 at 04:55am
It really makes me mad when people go on about how "all rap is aobut is bitches and hos"

There are rock songs about drugs and sex and stuff like that too.,
Riot on the Radio
Jackass
Riot on the Radio

Blog
October 8th, 2007 at 01:10pm
Veritas:
It really makes me mad when people go on about how "all rap is aobut is bitches and hos"

Exactly. I don't think a whole genre of music should be criticized (for lack of a better word) just because some of the songs that make it to the airwaves are about pimps and all that.
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
October 9th, 2007 at 03:43am
Cobra:
Boxman_is_my_homie:

You did not just compare rappers to poets

Hate to break it to you but some rappers are some of the best poets meaning wise. People say

Retards
Attempting
Poetry

But the thing is there is no set standard for what is truely considered poetry. I consider alot of rap minus the Hoes cars ect. poetry.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 9th, 2007 at 11:27am
Rap isn't poetry. I mean, The Clash have brilliant lyrics, but I would never say they were poets. Maybe the poets of punk or some other metaphoric name, but in the real meaning of poetry, no.

I heard people calling some rappers the poets of rhymes and I guess thats ok. Dno
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 9th, 2007 at 05:31pm
Electric Buttsecks!:
Rap isn't poetry. I mean, The Clash have brilliant lyrics, but I would never say they were poets. Maybe the poets of punk or some other metaphoric name, but in the real meaning of poetry, no.

I heard people calling some rappers the poets of rhymes and I guess thats ok. Dno
I disagree. Poetry is a section of literature, and I think that song and lyrics are a part of poetry and literature. Rap artists, though sometimes suck at making coherent lyrical poetry, it is poetry nonetheless, just like how a five year old will write poetry about her pet cat for school. It's still poetry, no matter how much it sucks.

And by the way, The Clash = poets. Hand Joe Strummer was definately a poet, no denying, I have to say.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 9th, 2007 at 09:19pm
Veritas:

Well, ya. You're right. For instance, Buckcherry's song "Crazy Bitch." That is song is about sex. I don't know though. When it's in a rock song, I don't mind it so much. Maybe it's just because I like rock music. I'm sure why I feel that way.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 9th, 2007 at 10:05pm
Anji:
Electric Buttsecks!:

I disagree. Poetry is a section of literature, and I think that song and lyrics are a part of poetry and literature. Rap artists, though sometimes suck at making coherent lyrical poetry, it is poetry nonetheless, just like how a five year old will write poetry about her pet cat for school. It's still poetry, no matter how much it sucks.

And by the way, The Clash = poets. Hand Joe Strummer was definately a poet, no denying, I have to say.
Dno I disagree.
Garrett Hanlund
This Board Is My Home
Garrett Hanlund

Mibba Blog
October 10th, 2007 at 04:05am
Shadow of a Doubt:
Veritas:

Well, ya. You're right. For instance, Buckcherry's song "Crazy Bitch." That is song is about sex. I don't know though. When it's in a rock song, I don't mind it so much. Maybe it's just because I like rock music. I'm sure why I feel that way.
I understand what you mean.
Register