Rap Music

AuthorMessage
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
November 5th, 2007 at 11:56pm
Herr Doktor:
To be honest...'rave' or whatever...dance music...to be sounds all the same whereas I can tell the difference in rap.

Dance music is far worse than rap for demeaning women, even with the women are singing...if you watch like...MTV Dance or whatever.

I mean, I think it's sad that rap gets all the attention for being like that. A lot of rock star hxc videos could be like that and are like that.

Skimpily dressed females.

Even in FEMALE SINGERS SONGS! That annoys me so much! That is discrimination...I've only seen one song taht had dancing, skimply dressed men and that was Electric Six.

And a lot of 'rock' or other genres of music have violence and hatred filled lyrics. Not only rappers.

Just sayin'.
[/rant]
Tbh, I take issue with any sort of hate-filled music. Mainstream rap music is just more mainstream, it has MTV all to itself practically. So it's def in the forefront and gets a lot of attention. It's a disservice to underground groups, who don't have the same attitude towards women and homosexuals, because they get lumped in with the more raunchy artists.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
November 6th, 2007 at 06:48pm
I have no problem with the rap artists who don't encourage violence and hate, other than the fact that i personally don't like listening to that type of music. However, the ones that do, well, they can go to hell for all I care. Anything that encourages hatred, discrimination or violence is a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
November 7th, 2007 at 02:25am
anti-christ of suburbia:
I have no problem with the rap artists who don't encourage violence and hate, other than the fact that i personally don't like listening to that type of music. However, the ones that do, well, they can go to hell for all I care. Anything that encourages hatred, discrimination or violence is a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

the funny thing is, 90% of the music out today. not matter the drama, has something to do with violence nad hatred in it.
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
November 7th, 2007 at 05:11pm
You sell more with misery than happiness.
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
November 8th, 2007 at 09:59am
Tbh, I don't like rap music at all, however if people want to listen to it, that's there choice. I don't honestly think it relates to violence more than any other genre. I know most of you are going to hate me for saying this, but "emo" music covers topics about self harm about the same amount as rap music covers violience.

Basically, I think it's about personal choice, and no one should critisize anyone else for what music they like, no matter how different.
NiMrOd_1995
Jackass
NiMrOd_1995
November 17th, 2007 at 12:12pm
I love rap.
=]
not all the ones about "bitches and hoes" though O_O
but a good few anyway.
rapping does take talent you have to be a quick thinker so rappers arent actually retarded.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
November 17th, 2007 at 04:19pm
NiMrOd 1995:
you have to be a quick thinker.

only when you freestyle which most of them really don't.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
November 17th, 2007 at 11:58pm
Cobra:
NiMrOd 1995:

Mainstream rappers aren't big on freestyling. But underground artists freestyle frequently, to my knowledge.
NiMrOd_1995
Jackass
NiMrOd_1995
November 18th, 2007 at 12:53pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Cobra:
NiMrOd 1995:

Mainstream rappers aren't big on freestyling. But underground artists freestyle frequently, to my knowledge.

it's still difficult though XD
Trying to get a story that makes sense and making it rhyme.
But rappers have different techniques i suppose.
Im not an expert on it...but thats just what i think....
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
November 18th, 2007 at 06:52pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Cobra:
NiMrOd 1995:

Yeah, I meant the mainstream rappers.
Underground rappers freestyle and battle quite frequently.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
November 18th, 2007 at 11:25pm
Cobra:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Cobra:
NiMrOd 1995:

Yeah, I meant the mainstream rappers.
Underground rappers freestyle and battle quite frequently.
Personally, I think underground rappers are a thousand times more talented than the mainstream artists, with exceptions, of course. Mainstream rappers are the reason rap as a genre has such a bad reputation.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
November 19th, 2007 at 08:40am
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Personally, I think underground rappers are a thousand times more talented than the mainstream artists, with exceptions, of course. Mainstream rappers are the reason rap as a genre has such a bad reputation.

I think so too.
It's a pity underground rappers don't get a chance to show their skills to the world.
NiMrOd_1995
Jackass
NiMrOd_1995
November 19th, 2007 at 02:33pm
Cobra:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:

I think so too.
It's a pity underground rappers don't get a chance to show their skills to the world.

agreed.
the only rapper i really enjoy listening to is eminem....i just prefer his style :/
although i like a few other artists but im not really big on rap.
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
November 19th, 2007 at 03:35pm
I don't like rap, it just doesn't do it for me. I can list the hip hop songs I like on one hand, but my brothers are both quite in to some of the 'big' rappers like Eminem and 50 Cent, and my older brother had a stage where he listened to a lot of drum 'n' bass. The reputation it's got for drugz n thugz~ or whatever could be just as applicable to a lot of "rock" artists; they all do drugs and a lot of them write about it, it's just set to a different beat.
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
November 19th, 2007 at 09:58pm
The rap lifetsyle was born from an old fashioned rock'n'roll womb.

God that sounds lovely.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
November 20th, 2007 at 12:37am
Herr Doktor:
The rap lifetsyle was born from an old fashioned rock'n'roll womb.

God that sounds lovely.
Quite poetic. Clap
Gaara Owns Your Soul
Gaara Owns Your Soul
November 20th, 2007 at 05:04pm
rap music is carp ,i dont like it blah
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
November 20th, 2007 at 10:31pm
Gaara Owns Your Soul:
rap music is carp ,i dont like it blah

Well thank you for contributing to the discussion Smile
Kaede
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Kaede
November 21st, 2007 at 03:08am
NiMrOd 1995:
Cobra:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:

I think so too.

agreed.
the only rapper i really enjoy listening to is eminem....i just prefer his style :/
although i like a few other artists but im not really big on rap.

I agree. I personally am not into rap very much, but I know there are good rap artists out there that have good lyrics in their songs that are meaningful like Scribe.
yellowstickerface
Geek
yellowstickerface
November 30th, 2007 at 09:54am
I love rap to be honest.
But i HATE rappes who talk about HOES, BITCHES, CARS and DRUGS.
That really shits me up the wall.
I prefer stuff like MC Lars.
He's white an he's an awesome rapper.
Register