Organ Donation

AuthorMessage
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
August 1st, 2007 at 01:20pm
I'm completely for it.

There was a case before where someone had died and they had said they would donate their organs.

But their family wouldn't allow it, because the organs were going to someone of a different race.

I think that's awful because you should respect the person who died wishes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 1st, 2007 at 05:24pm
That Ska Kid.:
I'm completely for it.

There was a case before where someone had died and they had said they would donate their organs.

But their family wouldn't allow it, because the organs were going to someone of a different race.

Gah, I remember seeing that on the news! I was a young'n then, and even I thought it was mean.
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
August 1st, 2007 at 11:19pm
That Ska Kid.:
I'm completely for it.

I agree, if someone makes it clear before they die that they want to donate thier organs, then thier family should respect thier decision
xBleeding_Heartsx
Geek
xBleeding_Heartsx
August 2nd, 2007 at 05:44am
I think its a good thing Very Happy
Brian May
Brian May
August 21st, 2007 at 12:13am
I totally agree with the organ donation.

Im gonna donate my organs when i die also.

I would surely rest in peace 2 know that i...somehow saved someone elses life
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 21st, 2007 at 04:48pm
I did actually apply for an organ donor card when I applied for my provisional license but it never came through.

I put down that I would donate everything except my heart, and my eyes. My heart, mostly because of sentimental value, and my eyes because the thought of not having any eyes, even in death would scare me.

But they can take everything else, whatever they want.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
August 22nd, 2007 at 02:12am
I'm all for it. I won't need them where I'm going. Even if I am a bit of a misanthropist, knowing you are undoubtedly responsible for saving ones life is a truly wonderful feeling.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 27th, 2007 at 05:45pm
I don't see why anyone would be against organ donation. You can't really take your organs with you to whatever form of afterlife you believe in. And the family usually gets the body back and its supposed to look totally intact for the funeral.

I wouldn't mind giving away my heart and eyes though. I'm told I have pretty eyes. When I'm done with them, I think I'd give someone else a chance. I don't really know if they'd want myopic eyes though...Shifty And my heart...well, my heart's gonna be done pumping blood for me. Why not?
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
August 27th, 2007 at 05:52pm
My mom had cornea transplants because she had cone-shaped corneas (there is supposed to be a smooth curve. Because she was short-sighted in her youth, I'm terrified I might get the same condition).

Anyway, somehow she wangled a doctor to tell her who had donated them. Her left was an old lady and the right was a young motorcyclist.

Thing is, the left eye is now deteriorating rapidly and she needs a new one. So, what if that happens with organs?

Just a question.
Peter Petrelli
Peter Petrelli
August 27th, 2007 at 06:06pm
I can't remember which religion it is, but they forbid transplantation because you supposedly need everything you were born with to be granted an afterlife.

I'm going to sign up at some point, but I've never gotten around to it. I'd just be a little wary of donating my eyes. I don't know why, but there's something I don't like about the idea of my eyes being in someone elses. I don't understand why a lot of people wouldn't donate their heart, though.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
August 27th, 2007 at 06:10pm
Absinthe Daniel:
I can't remember which religion it is, but they forbid transplantation because you supposedly need everything you were born with to be granted an afterlife.

I'm going to sign up at some point, but I've never gotten around to it. I'd just be a little wary of donating my eyes. I don't know why, but there's something I don't like about the idea of my eyes being in someone elses. I don't understand why a lot of people wouldn't donate their heart, though.
Jehovah Witness, I Think.
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
August 29th, 2007 at 04:41am
Does anybody know what the rules on giving blood are.. if you've had cancer?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 29th, 2007 at 03:59pm
Sally Sparrow:
Absinthe Daniel:

I think Islamism has some similar kind of thing like that as well. That's what I was talking about on the previous page.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
August 30th, 2007 at 02:28pm
Sally Sparrow:
My mom had cornea transplants because she had cone-shaped corneas (there is supposed to be a smooth curve. Because she was short-sighted in her youth, I'm terrified I might get the same condition).

Anyway, somehow she wangled a doctor to tell her who had donated them. Her left was an old lady and the right was a young motorcyclist.

omgno Surely they're not meant to divulge that kind of information?
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 30th, 2007 at 09:41pm
Sally Sparrow:
Absinthe Daniel:

Jewish, as well. My friend is Jewish, and she can't even pierce her ears because she's meant to be buried in the exact same condition she was born in.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
September 1st, 2007 at 08:43pm
Shake-Zula.:

I think it's probably a non-starter.
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
September 2nd, 2007 at 12:35am
Bloodraine:
Shake-Zula.:

I think it's probably a non-starter.

Damn. I really want to give blood.. because my Dad does.. all the time. But, oh well.
Riot on the Radio
Jackass
Riot on the Radio

Blog
September 7th, 2007 at 12:31pm
Keep.Yourself.Alive.:
I totally agree with the organ donation.

Im gonna donate my organs when i die also.

I would surely rest in peace 2 know that i...somehow saved someone elses life

Exactly. I think it's a great idea.
greendea
Jackass
greendea
September 7th, 2007 at 02:18pm
I THINK ORGAN DONATION IS A VERY STRONG THING! i am for it! really!
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
September 20th, 2007 at 06:21am
Well, when I got my driver's lisense they asked me if I wanted to be an organ donor. I said yes. If I die why not save someone elses life. And if I'm in a car accident and they gave me someone elses organs, well, I'd be happy. I'm a live thanks to that person.
Register