Media and the Religious Problems

AuthorMessage
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
August 17th, 2007 at 02:35pm
Actually the only argument Catholics have is that HP promotes magic. Which it doesn't.

.... Catholics suck at debating Coolio
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 18th, 2007 at 05:30am
Lupinator:

*waits for Steph to appear*

Coolio
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 18th, 2007 at 03:45pm
*Is sitting on the sidelines with a box of popcorn.*
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
August 18th, 2007 at 03:54pm
*hates to burst your buble, but Steph isn't a Catholic, to my knowledge*
Coolio
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 18th, 2007 at 05:43pm
Bloodraine:
*hates to burst your buble, but Steph isn't a Catholic, to my knowledge*
Coolio

*thought she was*
Coolio
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 18th, 2007 at 05:57pm
Lupinator:
Actually the only argument Catholics have is that HP promotes magic. Which it doesn't.

Well the catholic argument against HP is not strictly the magical content but what it teaches children. They don't see it as evil but more of a gateway, that if children read about magical places and people in a positive light they will then start to question the churches preachings on witchcraft. which in there mind will then lead to them practising magic and using instruments such as the oujji Board.

Now to me it's mostly hogwash but i can see how they have come to this conclusion for example magical stores stock harry potter books, the literature in magical stories had an almighty boost showing that there is now a much larger audience for the supernatural. You could even say tv shows such a derek acorah and other such programmes wouldn't be as popular if it wasn't for the introduction to popular magical literature. and where harry potter is a story other books and programmes are not.

So in conclusion to catholics harry potter is not evil it's a worrying stepping stone.

Catholics out of all the denominations try not to pick what to follow and what not to. Where other christian groups would allow their children to read harry potter and not worry about it, catholics are more determined to follow the bible to the letter. even when they get it a bit wrong.
schooldropout
Banned
schooldropout

Blog
August 20th, 2007 at 07:59pm
To be seriously honest I think religion is too much of a controling.
I'mComing.BeScared.
King For A Couple Of Days
I'mComing.BeScared.
August 20th, 2007 at 08:09pm
WTF u think that Catholics sucks??? If u have talked with a fanatic....
I'm Catholic and I don't care about HP. It's just a book about magicians and withchcraft(I didn't mean-promote it). I have read so many books, that was on the list of forbidden books lmfao

Never care about fanatics. They didn't deserve for it.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
August 20th, 2007 at 08:34pm
HysteriaCatherine:
I'm Catholic and I don't care about HP. It's just a book about magicians and withchcraft(I didn't mean-promote it). I have read so many books, that was on the list of forbidden books lmfao

lol, didn't the Pope say it was bad? Coolio
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 20th, 2007 at 11:18pm
FATAL BAZOOKA:
HysteriaCatherine:

The new one, Pope John-Paul actually announced that the message of Harry Potter was a positive one. he was a good pope Retard
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
August 21st, 2007 at 11:26am
NeoSteph:
FATAL BAZOOKA:
HysteriaCatherine:

The new one, Pope John-Paul actually announced that the message of Harry Potter was a positive one. he was a good pope Retard

John Paul IISmile Love himSmile he was a great man and he was polish like meSmile

Yeah pope said that is bad so what? The list of forbidden books was a list of the best books ever (like The Flovers Of Evil) Smile It was a just politics.
Harry Potter is a book about witchcraft (well it is-realise that). Pope (Benedict XVI) is concerned becouse this book is very popular and he think that it can turn some people to magic.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
August 21st, 2007 at 12:03pm
what's wrong with magic? omgno
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
August 21st, 2007 at 12:40pm
NeoSteph:
FATAL BAZOOKA:
HysteriaCatherine:

He was, I liked him. Con
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
August 21st, 2007 at 12:41pm
Harry Potter.:
what's wrong with magic? omgno
I think the problem is that magic isn't supposed to exist. At least not if you believe in good. Or have a really poor imagination tbh.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
August 21st, 2007 at 01:57pm
I dont understand why the whole Ouija board thing is so frowned upon, is it just because Catholics believe that your soul goes to either heaven or hell after death and if you were able to contact/trty contacting people through something like that, it might promote the thought that spirits are floating around?

..or are they afraid of someone conjuring up ....... SATAN!!!!! Cheese

tehe

What's the Catholic Church's stance on ghosts? Think
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
August 21st, 2007 at 03:23pm
bjtp:
I dont understand why the whole Ouija board thing is so frowned upon, is it just because Catholics believe that your soul goes to either heaven or hell after death and if you were able to contact/trty contacting people through something like that, it might promote the thought that spirits are floating around?

tehe

Well, they have the Holy Ghost (aka the Holy Spirit)
...so they can't be too anti-ghosts. xDD
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 21st, 2007 at 03:48pm
bjtp:

tehe

Because it's dangerous, you can't control spirits and you should let the dead rest in peace. Or its completely fake which is dangerous for other reason because so called readers are manipulating people who maybe are trying to contact someone they love.
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
August 21st, 2007 at 05:09pm
NeoSteph:
bjtp:

tehe

Because it's dangerous, you can't control spirits and you should let the dead rest in peace. Or its completely fake which is dangerous for other reason because so called readers are manipulating people who maybe are trying to contact someone they love.
Spirits... Well the spirit that u contact can be a demon or satan. Really. And the spirits that may be invoked are also damned and they can posses u.

I have made a special essay about it for my tutor Mr. Green
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
August 21st, 2007 at 06:09pm
But I thought Catholics don't believe in such rubbish, summoning the death, contacting spirits etc? Oh and please, our minds could have been infected by so many things, I have watched a documentary on National Geographic about summoning ghosts, lets all censor that.
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
August 21st, 2007 at 08:23pm
FATAL BAZOOKA:
But I thought Catholics don't believe in such rubbish, summoning the death, contacting spirits etc? Oh and please, our minds could have been infected by so many things, I have watched a documentary on National Geographic about summoning ghosts, lets all censor that.
Yeah, right. But some of them belive, really.
Register