Mibba
September 13th, 2007 at 03:34am
Guys, not to be a party pooper, but this all really off topic now. Faith
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
September 13th, 2007 at 01:50pm
I'm with Ol' Blue Eyes. AndrealsCool has a different opinion. Big freaking deal. This is a debate. She's allowed to. She's also allowed to repeat and restate her opinion, even if it gets a bit redundant and sounds like she's insulting our collective intelligence. But I see no reason for anyone to stupidly spam on here about it. And Andreals, thanks, we're all well aware of the rules.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 13th, 2007 at 03:28pm
For those who don't use this section regularly your in no position to judge how a debate works, everyone is welcome here but if you just logged on to stand up for someone just cause she's your mate and be rude at the same time well please leave cause thats not welcome.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 14th, 2007 at 07:27pm
lyrical_mess:
Anji:
Bloody existentialists.

Angelica, you poet.
Why, thank you.

Actually, now that I think of it, we could look at it in this manner.

Existentialism
So it's the individuals involved who made bad choices, and who had bad chance, and so therefore must suffer the responsibilities of their actions.

Determinism
No matter what has happened in the past, the future of the individual has been predetermined from past occurances, therefore no such stochastic event shall ever happen, in other words fate.

Pantheism
God decideds all for you, i.e. pray for your life and all shall be well.
So the individual is incharge only of their own faith, and their will to surrender to God.

Hedonism
(My favourite.) The individual is only in charge of all his wants and desires, it is therefore none of the victim of rape's fault, but she should have had then sense to at least enjoy it thus, not becoming rape. And the offeneder is just living up to Keirkegaard's Either/Or and doing what men must do.
Basically, give in to instict.

There are many other interpretations of such scenarios.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 15th, 2007 at 04:15am
Anji:
lyrical_mess:
Anji:
Bloody existentialists.

Angelica, you poet.
Why, thank you.

Actually, now that I think of it, we could look at it in this manner.

Existentialism
So it's the individuals involved who made bad choices, and who had bad chance, and so therefore must suffer the responsibilities of their actions.

Determinism
No matter what has happened in the past, the future of the individual has been predetermined from past occurances, therefore no such stochastic event shall ever happen, in other words fate.

Pantheism
God decideds all for you, i.e. pray for your life and all shall be well.
So the individual is incharge only of their own faith, and their will to surrender to God.

Hedonism
(My favourite.) The individual is only in charge of all his wants and desires, it is therefore none of the victim of rape's fault, but she should have had then sense to at least enjoy it thus, not becoming rape. And the offeneder is just living up to Keirkegaard's Either/Or and doing what men must do.
Basically, give in to instict.

There are many other interpretations of such scenarios.
Wow, Anji. I never even thought of bringing Kierkegard into this discussion. But it does have relevance, huh. Good job dear!
Register