Independance

AuthorMessage
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
September 7th, 2007 at 12:18pm
Elegant Rubble:
I really dont care if they work out in my life time, I's still rather be independant
and there are plenty of small countries that are more than able to stand on their, like Denmark, Scotland would be fine. And the money generated from the oil would be enough to get as on our feet - I know it runs out but it will tide us over till we develop other industries.

And I know i should care about other countries but that doesnt mean that I do. There's plenty of things I should care about that I just dont. And I dont care about that either.

And if nothing ever works out perfectly then what does it matter if Scotland becomes independant, we'd be fine, we have problems now, issues that could be resolved with independance so what difference will make having new problems if we're ok enough just now we'll be ok enough then.

and plus gordon brown is only one man who has become completely anglosised so therefor does not represent scotland

he represents the UK so only partly represents scotland, we need someone who will fully recognise scotland so that our needs and views that most times completey oppose england's are met and seen in the world areana

A first minister is a start but that's all it is, a start
you should listen to tommy sherredon - he explains this way better than I can

o and guess what people, I still want independance

It's Tommy Sheridan.

You would rather perhaps indefinately impoverish your great, great great great grandkids than stay a part of the UK? That's pretty selfish.

There is no predicting tomorrow and in every single little facile statement you make you make you still believe that everything would be solved with independance. Seriously, how many bloody times have you seen Braveheart? Sorry for the language but I cannot fathom your arguement anymore. You are simply stating that no matter what on Earth happens, as long as Scotland gets independance, you couldn't give a damn whatever happens to anyone else and that no matter what happens, everything will work out in the end.

Oh how many utopian dreams fall before ignorance.

There is no point whatsoever to Scottish indepenance and Scotland has many problems that, GUESS WHAT?! Aren't English or anybody else's fault except Scotland and it's people!

What about secterianism? I've done months of research into that and (most of) the English don't really get the whole idea. Do you really think that suddenly when independance happens, we'll all join together in happy harmony?

Eh, naw mate. Cause, y'see the thing is that secterianism could quite easily destroy West Coast of Scotland. I grew up in a hotbed of it and thankfully, removed myself from it. My sister, however, is too warped, her mind full of archaic beliefs and prejudices. My mother's side of the family can't stand to see anyone in a green and white shirt or be in a chapel. My sister and her friend are really screwed in the head. She has implied that she would like to see every Catholic in a concentration camp. I'm sure that she will see the light and get along happily with Catholic people when the police force are weakened by the pile of paperwork that will be required when all law is in their hands.

Also, I never said that new problems would equal the old ones. They will almost be certainly greater than not.

And futhermore, I do not trust Tommy Sheridan. I cannot trust a man who says that MI5 are after him and are giving libelious garbage to the News of The World because ...well...any self respecting member of MI5 wouldn't even bother with besmirching his name in a shoody excuse for a newspaper and would just shoot him.

Your views are actually quite...well...Dalek. That scares me.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
September 8th, 2007 at 12:15am
Sally Sparrow:

Your views are actually quite...well...Dalek.
lmfao lmfao lmfao
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 8th, 2007 at 05:35pm
EX-TER-MI-NATE!
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
September 10th, 2007 at 04:59pm
Brilliant, one topic into Doctot Who-ish anarcy in one swift move.

Anyway...uh...

Doctor Gorton, (My Chemistry teacher is seriously a combination of Yoda, The Doctor and Ronnie Barker) said that if we withdraw from the UK then we systematically withdraw from the EU and we'd have to vote to join it. According to him anyways.

And he also said the aluminium (al-you-mini-um) industry would also cease if Scotland said adieu to The UK. Mind you, we were messing around with gaseous sulphur dioxide and phosporous so...yeah.
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
September 11th, 2007 at 03:21pm
first of it would be impossible for me to impoverish any decendants seing as how im not going to have any so I only have me to worry about

and we've had secterianism for years and it has got better, independance will not make the problem worse but it will give the scottish government more power over crime

and a lot of people think joining the EU was a mistake in the first place and would not care that we might not be in it any more

and whatever, I didnt know how to spell his name but he's one of my heros, he's done a lot of good in Scotland over the years
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 11th, 2007 at 09:10pm
Elegant Rubble:
first of it would be impossible for me to impoverish any decendants seing as how im not going to have any so I only have me to worry about
So everyone else's descendants should have to live in absolute poverty? Very selfish of you.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
September 12th, 2007 at 11:46am
Elegant Rubble:
First off, you don't know that you won't have kids. Hell, even I might have kids one day. And as Ol' Blue Eyes said, selfish, man.

and we've had secterianism for years and it has got better, independance will not make the problem worse but it will give the scottish government more power over crime
Has it really? I must be imagining the poor souls who wear the wrong colour of tracksuit who get the crap kicked out of them for even being alive. Look, I've studied secterianism in Scotland for a while now, it's not getting any better but it is getting mixed up in area wars (like say...let's use my towns example) The Dinky (...yeah) and The Myre. One group of yobs are Celtic supporters and the other are Rangers. Whenever someone wears the wrong top in their 'turf', they are beaten. I should know, I can't even say where I came from or what team I supported when I was young in fear of getting my door kicked in. Of course, this is differential, different results in different parts but what exactly would this Scottish Parliament do about it?

and a lot of people think joining the EU was a mistake in the first place and would not care that we might not be in it any more
The EU is a nessecery device, whether anyone believes it or not. It helps countries group together in order to give multilateral aid to countries in need of it. It helps to keep standards the same across Europe in order to ease the crossing of borders and such. Whether or not anyone believes it, a lot of new Scottish enterprises are given aided by EU money because we are the poor man of Europe and no amount of changing of who calls the piper will change that. Scotland as a whole are too fond of smoking, drinking and eating junk food. Without that extra aid, Scotland would be in the toilet. Oh, and don't give me that old pony about 'Without England, we would have more money for NHS'. we have the same funding as England but we are a more sick nation.

Look at it here.
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
September 14th, 2007 at 10:52pm
I do know for a fact that I won't have kids, I get my tubes tied even give up sex if I had to in order not to have children - I hate them plus they would just get in the way of my life plan.

I didn't say that secteriansm was gone or that it no longer is a problem. A lot of progress still has to be made but it is not as bad as it used to be, it was far worse in our parents generation. The more power we have the more we can do about it. If I had the solution to the problem then I'd be famous, i cant say what it is just that with independance we'd have complete control over the situation, maybe enforce longer jail time, set up awarness and education schemes. And to quote Only An Excuse - " I blame the schools. If everyone went to Catholic ones this wouldnt be a problem" - I'm not actually suggesting this, just find it funny.

And for every supporter of the EU you'll find someone who is against it. A lot of people think that the UK got screwed over because of it. That it doesnt have any real power, i mean look at the foot and mouth outbreak from years ago - the EU lifted the ban on british beef yet France still continued to ignore it.. Countries set their own rules seperate of the EU, it only makes a difference when it suits europe to.

And besides, if we were to become independant it is likely that we would be recognised by the world community as we already have self determing people status so if we really wanted to we could join the EU on our own, which is easier to do now than ever.

With the extra power the Scottish parliment would be better equiped to deal with Scottisd problems so we would be able to see an improvement. Its not going to be solved overnight but it will be in the long term - thats what we need - a long term plan
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
September 14th, 2007 at 11:27pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Elegant Rubble:
So everyone else's descendants should have to live in absolute poverty? Very selfish of you.

Who was it that called me selfish before? O yeah, that would have been me. I fully admit to being selfish, its one of my many flaws. Maybe one day I will see the light but until then for me to be anything but would be fake and if I am anything its honest. I'm truethfull about how I feel. I'd much rather be genuinly hated than be faked niced to

So to avoid any more pointless observations I'm also stubborn, egocentristic, arrogant, tactless, anti-social, moody, angry, very easily annoyed, hate just about everything including animals, children,the general public, old people except one set of my grandparents, vegans, druggies, smokers,plastic surgery stupidity - actually i find this one entertaining, people who violate my large personal space, people who sit next to me on public transport. I'm also that annoying kid who sits at the front of the classroom(lecture hall now) and answers all the questions and sucks up to the teacher, who cares far more about their grade than anything else, who ask questions all the time and will NOT lend you my notes. I'm extremely sarcastic and I dont get emotional things that people think that i should and have only cried when in physical pain and not because I deal with sadness in other ways but because I never feel sad - just anger. I made the school therapists career and yet it didnt change me a bit, which reminds me of something else I hate pychology,

I think that about covers everything so now we can get on with debating an issue instead of pointing out the flaws I'm already aware of and that are obvious to anyone who reads my comments and views on issues.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 15th, 2007 at 04:12am
Elegant Rubble:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Elegant Rubble:

Who was it that called me selfish before? O yeah, that would have been me. I fully admit to being selfish, its one of my many flaws. Maybe one day I will see the light but until then for me to be anything but would be fake and if I am anything its honest. I'm truethfull about how I feel. I'd much rather be genuinly hated than be faked niced to

So to avoid any more pointless observations I'm also stubborn, egocentristic, arrogant, tactless, anti-social, moody, angry, very easily annoyed, hate just about everything including animals, children,the general public, old people except one set of my grandparents, vegans, druggies, smokers,plastic surgery stupidity - actually i find this one entertaining, people who violate my large personal space, people who sit next to me on public transport. I'm also that annoying kid who sits at the front of the classroom(lecture hall now) and answers all the questions and sucks up to the teacher, who cares far more about their grade than anything else, who ask questions all the time and will NOT lend you my notes. I'm extremely sarcastic and I dont get emotional things that people think that i should and have only cried when in physical pain and not because I deal with sadness in other ways but because I never feel sad - just anger. I made the school therapists career and yet it didnt change me a bit, which reminds me of something else I hate pychology,

I think that about covers everything so now we can get on with debating an issue instead of pointing out the flaws I'm already aware of and that are obvious to anyone who reads my comments and views on issues.
Admitting to flaws doesn't excuse them. I don't care about you or your flaws, I care that you'd want my children to live in absolute poverty just so your country can be free to starve. It's called the common good, and you should consider it sometime.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 15th, 2007 at 08:57pm
I think she missed out 'politically incorrect'.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
September 16th, 2007 at 12:38pm
Anji:
I think she missed out 'politically incorrect'.
Laughing
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
September 16th, 2007 at 09:43pm
o yeah, that too
and im not excusing them i'm just pointing them out do you dont have to waste your time telling me something that I'm already very aware of

If you dont care about me then why do you think that I would care about people who dont even exist yet that have absolutely nothing to do with me?
And dont be so overdramatic Scotland would not starve! you seem to buying into all the fear mongering, we're finacially and politically able to stand on our own

Im not going to care about the common good unless it benefits me, think what you like about me, Im not going to change any time soon, coz you aint going to get anywhere and Im certainly not going to get where I want in life I dont think only about myself, no one else is going to put my needs first so why should I put theirs first?
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 17th, 2007 at 03:42am
Elegant Rubble:
o yeah, that too
and im not excusing them i'm just pointing them out do you dont have to waste your time telling me something that I'm already very aware of

If you dont care about me then why do you think that I would care about people who dont even exist yet that have absolutely nothing to do with me?
And dont be so overdramatic Scotland would not starve! you seem to buying into all the fear mongering, we're finacially and politically able to stand on our own

Im not going to care about the common good unless it benefits me, think what you like about me, Im not going to change any time soon, coz you aint going to get anywhere and Im certainly not going to get where I want in life I dont think only about myself, no one else is going to put my needs first so why should I put theirs first?
You really are a good example of what's wrong with the world.

The common good benefits everyone. Including you. That's why it's called the common good. Duh. Rolling Eyes

No one's being overdramatic, conditions in Scotland, from what I've heard, are not good, and without the support of another country, things would drop dramatically. Your mistakes affect the generations that come after you, and like it or not, they are your responsibility.
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
September 18th, 2007 at 08:41pm
the common good does not benefit everyone, just the majority, people have to sacrifice themselves and there selfish needs to achieve the common good and as a selfish person I'm not willing to do that

and its people like me that make people like you feel good inside, people like me are needed so you can feel all warm and gooy.

And I live in Scotland and although the conditions may not be the best for a develeped country they are not unbearable for the most part, and there is just as much evidence that we will actually do better on our own, it just depends on who you believe the likes of the SNP or the fear mogering union supporters

And quite frankly it really doesnt matter what you do in life, we all just die in the end, you only care about these things because you're alive, you cant when you're dead so what's the point? The world's going to self-destruct anyway whether it be through human disregard or natural disaster like the sun dying or a supervolcano but it really doesnt matter coz we'll all be dead by then anyway
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 18th, 2007 at 10:56pm
Elegant Rubble:
the common good does not benefit everyone, just the majority, people have to sacrifice themselves and there selfish needs to achieve the common good and as a selfish person I'm not willing to do that

and its people like me that make people like you feel good inside, people like me are needed so you can feel all warm and gooy.

And I live in Scotland and although the conditions may not be the best for a develeped country they are not unbearable for the most part, and there is just as much evidence that we will actually do better on our own, it just depends on who you believe the likes of the SNP or the fear mogering union supporters

And quite frankly it really doesnt matter what you do in life, we all just die in the end, you only care about these things because you're alive, you cant when you're dead so what's the point? The world's going to self-destruct anyway whether it be through human disregard or natural disaster like the sun dying or a supervolcano but it really doesnt matter coz we'll all be dead by then anyway
I've sacrificed for others, and gladly. You're cynical to the point of ridiculousness, and your selfishness is in no way flattering.

You keep stating over and over again that you're selfish, and it doesn't really make much sense. You say it as if you're proud, and it's really nothing to be proud of.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
September 19th, 2007 at 02:06pm
Elegant Rubble:
I do know for a fact that I won't have kids, I get my tubes tied even give up sex if I had to in order not to have children - I hate them plus they would just get in the way of my life plan.

You will NEVER have any say over if you will have children. You're young, man. You'll get broody in years to come, opinions of children and babies will change. If you're gonna count all your chickens before they are even squeezed through a chicken's backside then thats your problem, not mine. Just remember it in ten, twenty years time.

Elegant Rubble:
I didn't say that secteriansm was gone or that it no longer is a problem. A lot of progress still has to be made but it is not as bad as it used to be, it was far worse in our parents generation. The more power we have the more we can do about it. If I had the solution to the problem then I'd be famous, i cant say what it is just that with independance we'd have complete control over the situation, maybe enforce longer jail time, set up awarness and education schemes. And to quote Only An Excuse - " I blame the schools. If everyone went to Catholic ones this wouldnt be a problem" - I'm not actually suggesting this, just find it funny.

I gathered that, I do have a brainstem. Funny or not, it is an inappropiate course of action. We already have awareness schemes, anti-propaganda plays, charities like the Mark Scott Foundation and SOS. What use will independance have on the country? Complete control of the situation isn't always a blessing, believe me in that. It has been stated on the news that Scotland's police force is underfunded and choked with paperwork as it is. What do you think about twenty million layers of buerocracy will do? Halt police officers at desks whilst neds and morons run riot. It would cause anarchy.

Elegant Rubble:
And for every supporter of the EU you'll find someone who is against it. A lot of people think that the UK got screwed over because of it. That it doesnt have any real power, i mean look at the foot and mouth outbreak from years ago - the EU lifted the ban on british beef yet France still continued to ignore it.. Countries set their own rules seperate of the EU, it only makes a difference when it suits europe to.
Being part of Europe is actually unaviodable for the plain reason that Scotland is within the boundry lines. I am very surprised yopu haven't brought up Scandanavian countries as a source of support. You do feel as if Scotland could be fully independant. There is no country on this Earth that is truly independant. Not one doesn't rely on tourism from other countries, not one doesn't import or export. Very nearly every country in the world is part of the UN. We have to take advantage of every single bond we have with other countries, including England. It would be suicide not to.

Elegant Rubble:
And besides, if we were to become independant it is likely that we would be recognised by the world community as we already have self determing people status so if we really wanted to we could join the EU on our own, which is easier to do now than ever.
Could you repeat that please? It didn't make sense.

Elegant Rubble:
With the extra power the Scottish parliment would be better equiped to deal with Scottisd problems so we would be able to see an improvement. Its not going to be solved overnight but it will be in the long term - thats what we need - a long term plan
How very Animal Farm. Do you really think so? But exactly, how long will the majority stand for a troublesome future? How many years before a revolution to overthrow the previous?

Elegant Rubble:
Oh bravo for being a selfish moron and seemingly being proud of such. There are periods of time when certain individuals need to be selfish to protect themselves but this isn't one of them. The common good is what is NEEDED IN POLITICS. That's what you do in politics, try to make the world a more better place FOR THE GREATER AND COMMON GOOD! By simply ignoring and mocking it you are worthy material of being a dictator. Congratulations.

Elegant Rubble:
Oi, enough of the "you people". I don't go around saying "you earthlings" all the time, do I? Humans are the same race, like it or lump it. Myra Hindley, George W. Bush, JK Rowling, all humans, all examples of what a human can achieve.

People feel good by doing things that are good (more or less); like eating chocolate or giving to charity. By what logic are selfish people essential to feeling good?

Elegant Rubble:
I would love to see some of this evidence because I ain't seen nothin'. If Scotland isn't broken, then don't try and fix it. Especially with freedom fries. And again with the depiction of people who don't support you as enemies, oy.

It is better to be realistic than over-hyped on haggis and Braveheart.

Elegant Rubble:

By the way, speak for yourself when you say we'll all be dead in 5.6billion years...give or take a day or two. The human race will expand beyond the stars and stuff. So will trees, cats and...insects.

Of course, you could say that I have no idea that this could be true but you have no evidence on whether your idea will be true. No-one has a crystal ball or a time machine. We have to take the slow path.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
September 19th, 2007 at 03:30pm
Herr Doktor:

Elegant Rubble:

By the way, speak for yourself when you say we'll all be dead in 5.6billion years...give or take a day or two. The human race will expand beyond the stars and stuff. So will trees, cats and...insects.

Of course, you could say that I have no idea that this could be true but you have no evidence on whether your idea will be true. No-one has a crystal ball or a time machine. We have to take the slow path.
Or we could find Utopia. Skies made of diamonds, and all. Shifty
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
September 19th, 2007 at 03:37pm
Gone Barrowman:
Herr Doktor:

Elegant Rubble:

I don't want nothing to do with the year that never existed though. XD
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
September 23rd, 2007 at 06:23pm
Herr Doktor:
Gone Barrowman:
Herr Doktor:

Elegant Rubble:

I don't want nothing to do with the year that never existed though. XD
I dunno, it did have an intergalactic playboy in bondage.

Anyway. Does anyone here think Ulster shouldn't be independent? Why not?
Register