Happy Birthday, Joe!

AuthorMessage
High Fidelity
Falling In Love With The Board
High Fidelity
August 21st, 2007 at 05:56am
Today would've been Joe's 55th birthday, and I figured instead of dwelling on his death (like we have a tendency to do), we should celebrate his life. Post your favorite Strummer moments here and spread the love. Up
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
August 21st, 2007 at 11:17am
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!!

Oh there are so many cool moments; I don't even know what to say. I think I was most impressed with Joe when I saw his live performances. So much energy. I bet he would have a crazy party if he was still here.
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
August 21st, 2007 at 11:22am
Ah
Just found that picture Con

Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 21st, 2007 at 03:22pm
Yaaaay! Ahbrow Happy bithday Joe!!! Party

Thank you for giving me the life I have. I love you so much, even though we've yet to meet. Bless you, and your beautiful family. Cheers! Hug

It's times like these that my vivid imagination comes in handy. Fizz
whoa
King For A Couple Of Days
whoa
August 21st, 2007 at 05:20pm
Happy birthday Joe!!

I don't really think I have a favorite Strummer moment. Everyone of them are different and unique in some way. It's hard to pick one.

High Fidelity
High Fidelity
August 21st, 2007 at 08:33pm
FATAL BAZOOKA:
I think I was most impressed with Joe when I saw his live performances.
I'd definetely have to agree with you there. Never really seemed like he lost his spark, even during the Combat Rock days where they all hated each other. Hmm... maybe I'll post some vids of my favorite live stuff later. As for now, I'm listening to the whole discog, start to finish. I'm on London Calling now. Up
whoa
whoa
August 21st, 2007 at 09:46pm

Done. with. photos. for. now. Very Happy
Vicious79
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Vicious79
August 21st, 2007 at 10:55pm
This is one of my favourite pictures of Joe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!
White Riot
White Riot
August 22nd, 2007 at 03:34am
YAY! Someone made a topic! I've been at band camp all day, trying to restrain myself from annoying my fellow band members by telling them it's Joe's birthday.
Favourite Joe moment...
hmm...
I like when he said he wanted to be a garbage man so he could hang off the back of the truck lmfao
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
August 22nd, 2007 at 05:00am
As promised, my favorite Joe moments (from each Clash era) brought to you by YouTube. Up

The Clash - I picked this one mostly because it has tons of energy and one of the best Joe crashes ever.

Give 'Em Enough Rope - I've never been a huge fan of this song or anything, but this video is so freaking amazing, I had to post it.

London Calling - Yes, I know this song isn't off London Calling, but this performance is from when they were touring to promote the album. My favorite Clash song, and quite possibly my favorite live version of it. Some mad Strummerlibbing in it. Up

Sandinista! - CHEESBOIGER! 'Nuff said. tehe

Combat Rock - This song definetely has some of Joe's best vocals, and I love the live version so much. Plus, Topper's on drums.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
August 22nd, 2007 at 11:51am
Those are love.
whoa
whoa
August 22nd, 2007 at 07:24pm
I think I might have the concert on DVD that White Man is in. Very Happy I'll have to check it.
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
August 22nd, 2007 at 11:00pm
Happy birthday, Joe!

Thanks so much for all the inspiration. You and your music are my world, and without you...well...I'd be bored.
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
August 23rd, 2007 at 12:35am
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!!

ok i know im late ive been so busy with school.
my favorite moment with Joe would probaly have to be when he fell during Whats My Name?
these are some of my favorite pics
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
August 23rd, 2007 at 02:07am
whoa:
I think I might have the concert on DVD that White Man is in. Very Happy I'll have to check it.
Nice. tehe I think the whole gig's on YouTube, but I'm not sure.
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
August 23rd, 2007 at 02:08am
strummer92:

my favorite moment with Joe would probaly have to be when he fell during Whats My Name?
Con I posted that video up there.
whoa
whoa
August 23rd, 2007 at 05:26pm
Color Me Impressed:
whoa:

lolz. It's got a bunch of stuff on it. Um. There's the Year of Punk Report interview with Janet Street-Porter. Punk in London excerpts. That Capitol Theatre show. And some other stuff. It's good. Cassie
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
August 23rd, 2007 at 07:50pm
whoa:
Color Me Impressed:
whoa:

lolz. It's got a bunch of stuff on it. Um. There's the Year of Punk Report interview with Janet Street-Porter. Punk in London excerpts. That Capitol Theatre show. And some other stuff. It's good. Cassie
Oh wow, nice! Where'd you get it?
whoa
whoa
August 23rd, 2007 at 08:06pm
I got it in Cleveland. I sent my family on a complete wild goose chase looking for this store, which happend to be closed. Then we found this record shop, and I of course had to look at all of the DVDs. It was the only one I didn't have. I'll have to post a picture of it.
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
August 23rd, 2007 at 08:27pm
whoa:
I got it in Cleveland. I sent my family on a complete wild goose chase looking for this store, which happend to be closed. Then we found this record shop, and I of course had to look at all of the DVDs. It was the only one I didn't have. I'll have to post a picture of it.
I loved Cleveland, I wish I had more time to spend there, but we only went for the weekend and it's a 7 hour drive. I was just happy I got to see the Clash stuff at the Rock Hall. Con
Register