Religious Extremists in Government

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 3rd, 2007 at 05:38pm
Anji:
The thing I really don't understand though is that America was founded by athiests.

... say what? Coolio
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 3rd, 2007 at 06:04pm
Kurtni:
Anji:
The thing I really don't understand though is that America was founded by athiests.

... say what? Coolio
See this, is what I've always been taught and now apparently they're Dietists. I guess I was too young to be taught the rest of it back then.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 3rd, 2007 at 06:06pm
But still, non-Christians.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 3rd, 2007 at 09:14pm
xXxAndreaIsCoolxXx:
Anji:

It was founded by people who did not want to be forced by law to believe in a certain religion.

Many of the pilgrims were actually very devoted Christians- witch burnings, etc...,

e,g puritans and for the first 4 and a bit years when no law of the new lands had been written people lived by gods law with the head of the church being head of the village. This however all changed because of the salem witch trials which saw religious extremist persacuting with no factual evidence.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 3rd, 2007 at 09:24pm
Paislee LeStrange:
NeoSteph:
OK not wanting someone to be able to become a government official because of their religious beliefs is just as bad as telling someone they can't because of the colour of their skin or their sexual preference.

No it's not. Being black or gay doesn't restrict others' freedom.

inforcing laws based on your personal beliefs, and applying them to a diverse nation, is wrong.

PLUS, people who rocked up in this forum telling me to shut up coz its bagging theur religion or whatever, need to brush up on their rights coz i have the RIGHT to FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

if a christian said that homosexuality is wrong or whatever, people would complain, and they would just say that its their religion. but that is HATE SPEECH.

freedom of SPEECH not FREEDOM OF RELIGION.

i'm not going to gag myself to simply spare the discomfort of a few ignorant people.

and THAT'S how we do it in my town Cool

It's not about restriction, whatever beliefs or social culture you come from will have an effect on how you behave in office. A homosexual official will have a different idea on how to handle gay rights then maybe a straight official. A black official will have different views than a white official in Africa on the apartheid. People here have given you many examples of athiest in office who have caused mayhem so let me give you a list of christians and many of religious persons who have made this world a mostly free nations

Gandhi (for equality in india)
Winston Churchill (monumental part in keeping europe a free nation)
Nelson Mandella (peaceful action against the apartheid)
Albert Einstein (the god father of science
William Wilber force (abolished the slave trade)
Here's one you'll know, Jesus (died for our sins)
Emmeline Pankhurst (women's rights)

FREEDOM OF SPEECH INCLUDES FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION, FREEDOM OF BELIEF AND FREEDOM TO WORSHIIP.

IT DOES NOT INCLUDE THE FREEDOM TO PERSUCUTE AND CONDEMN OTHERS.

you colouring all religious people as extremist is the same as me saying all gay people have AIDS, when any normal person with half a brain knows thats false.

Wake up and smell the coffee sweetheart if you want to live in a peaceful and equal society then you have to accept everyone, THAT INCLUDES CHURCH CONGREGATIONS
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 3rd, 2007 at 09:29pm
Paislee LeStrange:
freedom of SPEECH not FREEDOM OF RELIGION

..lmfao you do know that those are both in the same amendment, correct?
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 4th, 2007 at 05:31am
Paislee LeStrange:
NeoSteph:
OK not wanting someone to be able to become a government official because of their religious beliefs is just as bad as telling someone they can't because of the colour of their skin or their sexual preference.

No it's not. Being black or gay doesn't restrict others' freedom.

inforcing laws based on your personal beliefs, and applying them to a diverse nation, is wrong.

PLUS, people who rocked up in this forum telling me to shut up coz its bagging theur religion or whatever, need to brush up on their rights coz i have the RIGHT to FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

if a christian said that homosexuality is wrong or whatever, people would complain, and they would just say that its their religion. but that is HATE SPEECH.

freedom of SPEECH not FREEDOM OF RELIGION.

i'm not going to gag myself to simply spare the discomfort of a few ignorant people.

and THAT'S how we do it in my town Cool

Reading what you've written makes me actually, physically ill, because it freaks me out that there are people as ignorant, hypocritical, and narrowminded as you roaming the earth.

And, on the topic of being black and gay not affecting people's freedom, what about black power movements and groups, such as the Black Panthers? You're saying that their group preaching Black Supremacy over white people wouldn't restrict white people's freedom?

I have heard various Christians say that homosexuality is wrong. It's not hate speech, because that's their beliefs, and their Bible states that sex is to only be an act between a married man and a woman to form a child, and since a homosexual couple does not fit those guidelines, that they are called to a life of chastity. I have never, ever, ever heard a real Christian say anything derogatory about homosexuals. If you actually understood anything about that faith, you'd know that their god loves all people, regardless of their sins. The statements you make about the Christian faith are actually insulting to me, and I'm not even a Christian.

....I wouldn't want to live in your town. Shifty
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
September 4th, 2007 at 03:27pm
well, i'm not very religious myself but i'll try to respect both parties.
Yes, it is an awful thing, when religion gets all tangled up in politics and law, it should never be. Religion is one thing, politics the other, and law the third. But never all the same. For there are people of different religions, and some arent religious at all, so in order to respect all people, the government must not use religion as their way of solving things. I think a god, who wouldnt allow love between people(weather gay, lesbian or straight couples) is not a very fair god, and thus discourages me from wanting to believe in him/her. Just so you know, NO OTHER RELIGION, USES THE CONCEPTS OF HEAVEN AND HELL AS ANTONYMES AS MUCH AS CHRISTIANITY. quoted from my mother. So basically, what happens is, if you're not a christian, you're damned, doomed, done for, going to hell. Well, i'm baptised, but that wont save me, for i dont believe in the concept of a supreme being, especially not god. I respect people for their beliefs, and lets all celebrate diversity in all forms. But, again, when religion gets mixed with law, some things are gonna go flying through the air, people will have loads of broken noses and eventually, no one is really happy, when that happens. So, keep religion in one place and law in another, and most people will be completely fine with it.
No offence to anyone, Just one thing, i edited, the thing is, like the person above me said, i just thought, if you're forgiven everything, it might make you feel superior, for you know, it does weird things to some people. And again, when you're told that you will go to hell, then why are you told that, when god forgives you and loves you on the whole anyway? it doesnt make sense.
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
September 4th, 2007 at 05:58pm
I think that governments should be entirely complied of various religious extremists (like atheists, Christians, Muslims, Buddists etc) as they will kill (even the Buddhist) to have their say on any matter, hence creating Heaven on Earth.

or anarchy in the parliament...which would be fun to watch. Shifty
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
September 4th, 2007 at 06:35pm
Paislee LeStrange:
freedom of SPEECH not FREEDOM OF RELIGION

Universal Declaration of Human Rights:
Article 18.

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
Coffee
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
September 5th, 2007 at 03:52am
Paislee LeStrange:
It's something that really makes me angry.

I mean, the religious disease is one thing, but having the people who are in charge of our lives and welfare PUSHING their ignorant beliefs onto us in the form of regulations and oppression...it really makes me question the sanity of the human race.

Here's one example.

John Howard, prime minister of Australia stated that he will not legalize homosexual marriage in Australia because "It will dilute the significance of heterosexual marriage."
Because his religion dictates that "God" intended for males and females to have relations with each other, and any other way is not acceptable.

It really unnerves me to know that these kinds of people are giving power to Christianity, and allowing it to have ultimate influence over our lives. We can't be free with these religious extremists in our government!
Two men or two women aren't even free to marry if they want to!

I'm sure that, even if I did follow Christianity (which I most definitely do NOT, because it is LUDICROUS, but that's a different story) I would not support the appointment of religious extremists as politicians with leadership roles in our government, because it is setting a bias system to our everyday lives and restricting our freedom!

I even start to wonder, when I hear of statements such as the one above made by politicians and world leaders, what the future of the human race will bring! As part of a minority, I cannot even dream to overthrow the spreading problem that is religion, and am therefore forced into doomed existence.

I will not even begin to explain my non-belief. All I can say is that I have definitely accepted every shred of considerable arguments on both sides, and my final decision is that fact prevails over blind faith and I am not prepared to throw a chance card into the midst of my life. I do not believe in any religion, and that is final.

Am I alone here?
If you read this journal, and agree (or disagree) with my opinion on religious extremists in government, please comment! I do not, however, want stupid comments like "God is true you're going to Hell."
People who say that kind of stuff can take their phoney beliefs, shove them up their ass and take them with them to a purely metaphoric state of hell. Coffee

John Howard is in no way a religious extreamist.
Besides, give it two months, we won't even have him anymore. Unless he pulls another children overboard stunt, and Kevin Rudd turns out to be a nutter.

Religion is not a "spreading problem", because it's already been spread.

And you're being very hypocritical, saying you don't want people saying God is true, whilst saying that God is fake.

But what confuses me most is that you picked John Howard, out of all the people in the world, you picked the most ridiculously inoffensive person that you could. Are you even from Australia? Because I am, and I know what he said, and why he said it, and if you're just getting from a newspaper that "JOHN HOWARD WON'T LEGALISE GAY MARRIGES" well, no.

You're saying you have the right to freedom of speech? Yeah, well everyone else has the right to a little respect.

Paislee LeStrange:

Well, it seems to me that you're more ignorant than anyone else here, really.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 6th, 2007 at 05:11am
Sally Sparrow:
I think that governments should be entirely complied of various religious extremists (like atheists, Christians, Muslims, Buddists etc) as they will kill (even the Buddhist) to have their say on any matter, hence creating Heaven on Earth.

..I was reading your post and I don't have my glasses on and my eyes keep closing and it read something like "I think buddhists should be entirely Muslims of various religions they will kill heaven on Earth"

...Coolio I was like oh, god, how do i reply to that.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 6th, 2007 at 03:59pm
Kurtni:
Sally Sparrow:

..I was reading your post and I don't have my glasses on and my eyes keep closing and it read something like "I think buddhists should be entirely Muslims of various religions they will kill heaven on Earth"

...Coolio I was like oh, god, how do i reply to that.
lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao

HOLY SHIT!

lmfao

Please wear your glasses less often, it makes for enormously hilarious posts.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 6th, 2007 at 04:01pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
....I wouldn't want to live in your town. Shifty
I'm so glad that was said, because now I don't have to say it. Instead I'll just type this unecessarily long post which sums up to the general thought of my agreeing with you.
porcelain-star
Geek
porcelain-star
September 8th, 2007 at 11:20am
wtf? people are bringing past atheist government dudes into this. Im not rooting for communism. at the end of the day, im all for ANARCHY.

its different to communism. Or dictatorships.

think, people, THINK!

(^thats for the christians too, BTW)
porcelain-star
Geek
porcelain-star
September 8th, 2007 at 11:22am
haha people. and dont recite my rights back at me. i know my rights. and i know im being opressed, just like every other indifferent minority. ANARCHY ANARCHY ANARCHY.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
September 8th, 2007 at 12:45pm
porcelain-star:
haha people. and dont recite my rights back at me. i know my rights. and i know im being opressed, just like every other indifferent minority. ANARCHY ANARCHY ANARCHY.
... Yeah you try that Up
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
September 8th, 2007 at 02:34pm
porcelain-star:
lmfao lmfao
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
September 8th, 2007 at 02:52pm
porcelain-star:
haha people. and dont recite my rights back at me. i know my rights. and i know im being opressed, just like every other indifferent minority.

Anarchy=No Rights. Have a nice day. Mr. Green
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 9th, 2007 at 07:29pm
porcelain-star:
If you're so oppressed, then why is it that you can come here and spew your ignorant theories all over the place? If the government was so busy "opressing" you, then I'm sure they'd have put a stop to it.

I honestly can't stand people like you, who imagine oppression and conspiracy lurk behind every corner. You don't know your rights, you have no idea what you're talking about, and your igorance is making me sick.

And as Sally Sparrow so kindly stated, anarchy means you'll have no rights at all. So have fun with that.
Register