TV Show: Mock The Week

AuthorMessage
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
September 19th, 2007 at 03:42pm
I did look, but it seems there are no topics on this. (If there are then.. Well yeah. Do what is normally done.)

Mock the Week is usually described as a cross between Whose Line Is It Anyway? and Have I Got News For You. There are two teams of three, with Frankie Boyle and Hugh Dennis on one side and Russell Howard and Andy Parsons on the other (with one member of each team being a guest panelist each week).

The Studio is divided into several areas. Hugh's team sits to Dara's right, with Frankie sitting on Hugh's right hand side. The opposing team (formerly Rory's team, now Andy and Russell's team) sit to Dara's left, with Russell sitting nearest to Dara, and Andy sitting the furthest to the left.

Next to Hugh's team is the Press Pit, which is basically a large desk where they play Between the Lines. Next to this is the Performance Area which is a much larger area with a large TV monitor, which is normally used for stand-up challenges such as Dating Videos and Scenes we'd like to see.

Although Hugh Dennis is in effect a team captain (and is sometimes referred to as such in publicity material), such a distinction is never actually made on the programme itself. For the first two series Rory Bremner was considered to be the other team captain, but since series 3 he left the show and was replaced by a changing guest. From series five, Andy Parsons and Russell Howard became regulars on the team opposite Dennis and Boyle, both having previously been described as regular guest (Parsons appeared throughout series 3 and 4, while Howard appeared in four out of six programmes in series 3 and all of series 4).

Although each episode has a winning and losing team, questions and games exist mainly to provide starting points for improvised comedy routines rather than to function as a serious competition and specific scores are never referred to. It is common for rounds to be contested with only members from the same team participating and for Dara O'Briain to end rounds by declaring simply "points for everyone".

The Regulars, L-R Frankie Boyle, Hugh Dennis, Dara O'Briain, Andy Parsons and Russell Howard.

And here's an example of some usual rounds on the show, first; Scenes we'd like to see:

And the NHS revolving door of happiness (otherwise known as the stand up round):

worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
September 19th, 2007 at 03:53pm
I know Ellie fancies it. tehe
And the shithead me still didn't get a chance to lurk on YouTube for it. T_T Thanks for the vids though. Smile

OH YA BRITISH PANEL SHOWS FTW. Cool
We're Outlaws, Yeah!
King For A Couple Of Days
We're Outlaws, Yeah!

Mibba Blog
September 19th, 2007 at 05:27pm
I Love This Show Cassie

Russell is hysterical, "Things We'd Like The Queen To Say In Her Christmas Message" or whatever it was:
"I'm really an elf...shhhhhh"

tehe
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
September 19th, 2007 at 06:21pm
FRANKIEEEEEEEEEEEE BOYLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Roxanne
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
September 19th, 2007 at 07:37pm
Ivan0r:
I know Ellie fancies it. tehe
And the shithead me still didn't get a chance to lurk on YouTube for it. T_T Thanks for the vids though. Smile

OH YA BRITISH PANEL SHOWS FTW. Cool
Ellie does fancy it! To the maxtehe

I'm trying to ge tickets Cool

omg nuts on the road

lmfao lmfao

omg this thread, the stephen fry thread & the clash forum is gonna take over my life OMFG
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
September 19th, 2007 at 07:42pm
I'm trying to get tickets as well!

Frankie Boyle is a legend on panel shows, he was a special guest when we went to watch 8 Out Of 10 Cats being recorded. Oh, how I screamed.
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
September 19th, 2007 at 07:45pm

Just for nuts on the road. lmfao
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
September 19th, 2007 at 09:04pm
lmfao When i'm a director, i'm going to make a movie about the Mock the Week guys called Nuns on the Run.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
September 19th, 2007 at 10:43pm
TAKE ME NOW, DARA. TAKE ME NOW.

(And Frankie. And Russell. And Hugh. And Ed Byrne, if he's on)
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
September 20th, 2007 at 10:12pm
I totally bum this show ftw Cool

Russell Howard = pwness Smiley
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
September 20th, 2007 at 10:42pm
I saw Ed Byrne at Leeds =] He was funny and there was a guy on before him who talked like Andy Parsons. (Wasn't him though.)
We're Outlaws, Yeah!
King For A Couple Of Days
We're Outlaws, Yeah!

Mibba Blog
September 20th, 2007 at 11:16pm
if this is the answer what's the question : 25p

"the english name for 50cent"

lmfao

and lucky!!!!
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
September 21st, 2007 at 05:15pm
OMFG
Finished recording thise series, can't get tickets. Gah Molly
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
September 21st, 2007 at 06:24pm
Peardrops:
I saw Ed Byrne at Leeds =] He was funny and there was a guy on before him who talked like Andy Parsons. (Wasn't him though.)
I love Ed. Did you hear the story about Dara breaking into his house? lmfao
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
September 21st, 2007 at 08:25pm
Gone Barrowman:
Peardrops:

What?! No! Tell us!
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
September 23rd, 2007 at 06:14pm
Peardrops:
Gone Barrowman:
Peardrops:

What?! No! Tell us!
I think it was in series 3 (which was also when they slagged Dara for fancying Konnie Huq) they were talking about it, one of those eps.

Basically, Dara was really pissed. And somehow, he ended up in Ed's house, where he called the police. Ed then woke up to find a female police officer standing over his bed. She asked him if this was his house, to which he said yes. She then took him through the house, before asking him again. He said yes. Eventually she took him to the hall, where Dara was sitting on the stairs in a tux, surrounded by policemen.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
September 23rd, 2007 at 07:25pm
This show is amazing tbh.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
September 23rd, 2007 at 09:07pm
Gone Barrowman:
Peardrops:
Gone Barrowman:
Peardrops:

What?! No! Tell us!
I think it was in series 3 (which was also when they slagged Dara for fancying Konnie Huq) they were talking about it, one of those eps.

Basically, Dara was really pissed. And somehow, he ended up in Ed's house, where he called the police. Ed then woke up to find a female police officer standing over his bed. She asked him if this was his house, to which he said yes. She then took him through the house, before asking him again. He said yes. Eventually she took him to the hall, where Dara was sitting on the stairs in a tux, surrounded by policemen.

Omg lmfao lmfao
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
September 26th, 2007 at 08:52am

Coolio
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
September 26th, 2007 at 06:06pm
^^^ omg. lmfao you got an x.
I thought it said 'Where are you?' and I was about to be all like... ooooh someone's got themselves a stalker then. Con

cr0ashyan wh00r:
This show is amazing tbh.
Damn straight Cool
Register