Ashley Treatment

AuthorMessage
timothy mctague.
Geek
timothy mctague.
November 3rd, 2007 at 04:40am
That is wrong. They shouldn't have stopped her growth.
Its her body not theirs and although they are her parents and they will be looking after her possibly for her entire life, they shouldn't do that! Even if its easier for them, its their daughter and they should let her grow up!

About the sexual abuse - it can still happen. Rapists and pedophiles will hurt anyone.
I was watching America's Toughest Prisons once and I heard of a man who raped a 3 month old baby. Sexual abuse can still happen, I don't see the chances going down just because her body won't ever go through puberty.

If the surgeon commited suicide because of what he had done to her, I don't blame him.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
November 5th, 2007 at 06:20pm
zoid:

About the sexual abuse - it can still happen. Rapists and pedophiles will hurt anyone.
I was watching America's Toughest Prisons once and I heard of a man who raped a 3 month old baby. Sexual abuse can still happen, I don't see the chances going down just because her body won't ever go through puberty.

I agree, but i think it was more to stop menstruation. I mean, its a pain in the ass when you're a normal, healthy child, but it wouldn't be at all pleasant for her. Not that I agree with what they did to her, they may have had their reasons but at the end of the day a disabled child is still a person and I doubt her parents would have liked to have the procedure carried out on themselves.
tonlistir
Geek
tonlistir
November 5th, 2007 at 10:37pm
It's very difficult to say. On the one side, you can understand the decision of her parents, and probably stopping mestruation wasn't only more comfortable for her parents but for her as well. But on the other side, your right, it's her body, not theirs, and she's a human, so it's really wrong, and I don't agree with this.
Register