Your earliest Green Day memories!

AuthorMessage
Green_Day_nimrod.
Jackass
Green_Day_nimrod.
December 26th, 2007 at 08:26am
My earliest Green Day memory, is when I was eight years old, i was at my dad's house laying on the air-mattress with my step-brother, and we were watching MTV when Stuck With Me by: Green Day came on!!
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
December 26th, 2007 at 12:47pm
the dad of my best friend was randomly showing us his copy of the dookie cd. i didn't even know green day back then, but i was sooo amazed by the cover. Con and like 5 years later i figured it was a green day cd. omfg childhood.
Healthy Body Sick Mind
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Healthy Body Sick Mind

Mibba
December 27th, 2007 at 06:24am
When I was younger my cousin was my hero. She used to always talk about this band Sweet Children/Green Day she'd go and see. She always listened to their records and I started to like them.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
December 27th, 2007 at 09:06am
It's one of these three, but I'm not really sure when these happened other than mid 90s.
-Watching Basket Case on Beavis and Butthead, during a Moron-a-thon on MTV.
-Seeing a picture of them in front of the bookmobile in a Nickelodeon magazine, and it had this line that said "one head, two head, green head, blue head." Like that one Dr. Seuss book. No clue why I still remember that quote.
-Being completely distracted by everything on the cover art on Dookie at Sun Electronics, and just standing there staring at it for awhile. Not noticing that my dad left that aisle. Then I got bitched at for kind of almost getting lost in that massive store.
Drummergirl
Idiot
Drummergirl
December 27th, 2007 at 04:44pm
I remember my mom and dad listening in the car "good riddance." when I was 3 and I liked it so my mom got Nimrod for us. And its one of my favs albums today. so thats pretty much it
captain america
GSBitch
captain america

Blog
December 28th, 2007 at 12:56am
I'd sit in the car on the way home from somewhere and my parents used to listen to the old rock stations and they'd always play Warning.
:]
Tulve
Banned
Tulve
December 29th, 2007 at 04:33am
Mmm. ^^ I remember laying in the back seat of the car when I was like, 7, and listening to "When I Come Around". xD
vivalarorya
Falling In Love With The Board
vivalarorya
December 30th, 2007 at 03:40am
They played "Good Riddance" at my dad's sister's high school graduation. I was about seven or eight. At the time I kinda hated the song, so I didn't think much of it, but now it's one of my favorites.
j'adore.
Geek
j'adore.

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2008 at 12:52pm
Writing lyrics in a notebook and getting them all wrong. Oh, and writing I Love BJA everywhere.

Shameful, really.
St. Dude
St. Dude
January 1st, 2008 at 03:25pm
turning off every soundtrack except American Idiot on Madden NFL 2005
Green_Day_nimrod.
Jackass
Green_Day_nimrod.
January 4th, 2008 at 07:47pm
Roethlisberger:

lol... my little cousin does the same thing
St. Dude
St. Dude
January 5th, 2008 at 07:41pm
Green_Day_nimrod.:
Roethlisberger:

lol... my little cousin does the same thing
once when dad was mowing the grass, i maxed out the volume on my tv and rocked out to it lmfao
german_princess
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
german_princess
January 7th, 2008 at 05:06pm
I remember the '97 MTV video music awards when Tre climbed up the Globe. I was like "Mommy why does this guy climbes up the Globe? Is he allowed to do that?"

Yeah stupid child questions (I was only 7) Wink
Nova-Caine
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Nova-Caine
January 7th, 2008 at 06:48pm
Hmmmmmmmm it was bout 93, i was 21, my penpal in CA sent me a cd of a band he thought i'd like it was GD, been hooked ever since.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 7th, 2008 at 07:47pm
I'm not sure. It might have been seeing one or two of their videos on TV when I was a kid. Or hearing their songs at dances when I was in 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade.
Between Halloweens.
Banned
Between Halloweens.
January 9th, 2008 at 10:43am
Going into the music bar in town with my mum, and they always played MTV on the TV there, this was back in 94, I was around 4 or 5 years old.. maybe 5 yeah.
And Basket Case was playing, and I noticed all the gnarly colours, really made me open my eyes... like all the fish around Tre's head... yeahhhh. Drool
threeam.
Geek
threeam.
January 13th, 2008 at 08:12pm
4th grade.
I remember being at my sister's grade 7 leaving assembly. There was a slideshow presentation with a song in the background. I fell in love with that song & it was the first Green Day song I remember hearing.

"It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right. I hope you had the time of your life."
Lissie!
Falling In Love With The Board
Lissie!

Blog
January 16th, 2008 at 02:12pm
I was about five years old and heard Warning. I didn't know it was them before six years later, but it is indeed a memory of them. I remember imagining old hippies singing the song tehe and it's kind of cool that I didn't know that they would change my life further on.
BjaMdTc-GD
Geek
BjaMdTc-GD
January 16th, 2008 at 03:26pm
when i was six and dookie cam out and my older brother john was obsessed with them and like he would blast it and our rooms were right next to each other.
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
February 10th, 2008 at 01:41pm
I remember being scared as shit when I first saw the Longview video. Shut up I was 8
Register