Your earliest Green Day memories!

AuthorMessage
LeahLOSERFACE
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
LeahLOSERFACE
April 19th, 2008 at 10:46pm
My Mom used to sing along to Green Day, but I didn't like it.
I was really into Rap at the time.
But when I was in 7th grade my teacher would play his acustic guitar during breaks and he used to play 'Good Riddance' and I really loved it, but didn't know who it was by.
American Idiot was my first Green Day Cd, I'll admit that, and I only bought it to have something in common with this boy...
Then it became obsession.
TrePolar
Geek
TrePolar
January 29th, 2009 at 08:43am
-when i was 10 I was watching VH1's I lvoe the 90's and Billie Joe got 'best alternitve rocker', they were playing basket case too! (at that time i had no idea it was green day)
The Collector
GSBitch
The Collector
January 29th, 2009 at 11:03pm
probably seeing Warning in the stores when I was 8 but I didnt really think much of the band until 5 years ago
fatty.
Addict
fatty.

Blog
May 15th, 2009 at 10:00am
sitting in the car on the way home from my nans or something and listening to Good Riddance on the radio,
i think i was about 7 or 8 heh
briggity
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
briggity
May 15th, 2009 at 10:36am
ALL MY "HIP" FRIENDS HANGING OUT IN SOME ONES BASEMENT RIGHT WHEN DOOKIE HIT - SURE, WE HAD HEARD THE EARLIER ALBUMS, BUT THIS ALBUM WAS BREAKING EVERYWHERE - THERE WAS THIS KID HANGING OUT WITH US THAT WAS NEW IN TOWN AND ALL THE DUDES THOUGHT HE WAS A THREAT/GOING TO TAKE A LADY FROM US. HE KEPT DOING THESE ANNOYING BILLIE JOE IMPRESSIONS - OF COURSE THE LADIES THOUGHT IT WAS HILARIOUS...MY FRIENDS HOWEVER...WANTED TO THROW HIM IN A LAKE...

NEW KIDS ARE ALWAYS UNDER SUCH SCRUTINY!

GREEN DAY LISTENING PARTIES TAKE PLACE @ THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS ON MAY 15TH (MI, CA, NYC)

Chances to win 21st Century Breakdown on vinyl @ each location.

Greatest Hits CDs will be given away as well.

JD Reardon’s
940 Monroe Ave NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
9pm-11pm

Spring Lounge
48 Spring St
New York, NY 10012
8-10pm

Scotland Yard
837 Williamston St
Vista, CA 92084
8-10pm
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
May 15th, 2009 at 12:35pm
probably when i would listen to the radio going to elementary school and they played good riddance
dramamine;
King For A Couple Of Days
dramamine;

Mibba Blog
May 15th, 2009 at 09:02pm
I had the Austin Powers 2 soundtrack and there was this song on it that I loved (Espionage) but I had no idea who they were at the time. It just shows how awesome I thought Green Day were even when I didn't know who they were File

Then when I was driving to the mall with my dad and Boulevard of Broken Dreams came on and we heard like 4 times in one car trip and I was hooked. ^.^
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
May 16th, 2009 at 02:28am
Haha.....

I believe my sister and I made fun of my mom for singing along to Brain Stew when I was little. We made fun of her for liking it because they sounded like "nerds" and their name sounded funny.

XD

My mom uses that against me so often....

WAIT.

We had to sing Good Riddance at my 6th grade promotion.
A little after, but still relevant. hahah.
Rafael Nadal
Addict
Rafael Nadal
May 17th, 2009 at 03:32pm
I was about 11 and when i come around was on the radio in a cafe and i can remember my brother giving me his single (which i still have) because i liked it
Rafael Nadal
Addict
Rafael Nadal
May 17th, 2009 at 03:35pm
Overthrow The Effigy:
I was about 10 and when i come around was on the radio in a cafe and i can remember my brother giving me his single (which i still have) because i liked it
Rafael Nadal
Addict
Rafael Nadal
May 17th, 2009 at 03:36pm
Overthrow The Effigy:
I was about 10 and when i come around was on the radio in a cafe and i can remember my brother giving me his single (which i still have) because i liked it
Skippy.
Falling In Love With The Board
Skippy.

Mibba
May 18th, 2009 at 04:36am
Joy Division:
sitting in the car on the way home from my nans or something and listening to Good Riddance on the radio,
i think i was about 7 or 8 heh

same, omg :)
but I think I was coming back from the shops.
Celystial.
Post Whore
Celystial.

Mibba Blog
May 18th, 2009 at 11:31am
I had a friend named Becca who was really into them, and she used to tell me about them all the time. I didn't really care until I got my first MP3 player and was looking for some music to put on it. So I downloaded some of their songs and was blown away by the first one I listened to - Minority, I think it was. I have been a fan ever since.
WhoTheFuckIsCool?
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
WhoTheFuckIsCool?
May 18th, 2009 at 03:03pm
I was like .. seven?
My dad was playing dookie.
xD
Rebel_Junkie
Geek
Rebel_Junkie
May 20th, 2009 at 08:32pm
I was 7 so it was like 1998. My sister was 14 and had bought the Dookie album so that when she went to school she could talk to her crush about Green Day, his favorite band.
I wanted to be just like my sister because she was so cool to me. So I stole the CD from her room while she was hanging at a friends house. I put it in a boom box and played "She" (because boys were icky so I had to choose the title about a girl) and that was that.
Green Day has been one of my favorite bands ever since and to this day "She" is my favorite song.
viva la gloria.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
viva la gloria.
May 26th, 2009 at 10:34am
I was like, what, 6 or 7, when I had my earliest Green Day memory. Actually, I just watched my dad playing BMX XXX (of course, he let me watch and was just pulling out tricks and stuff, not doing anything in the game that'll corrupt me on my young age) and suddenly, Basket Case just started playing. That's it. I left Green Day alone until I woke up one night, the TV was turned on to a music channel, and the video of Wake Me Up When September Ends was being shown. Ever since that night, WMUWSE became my favorite Green Day song.
feel good inc.
Geek
feel good inc.
May 27th, 2009 at 09:41pm
My earliest memory was singing to Longview with my mom in the car, at like, five years old. And she told me it was Welcome to Paradise, so I got those two songs screwed up for the longest time. >< She also told me Basket Case was by a different band. Neutral

Oh, and I asked her what masturbation was when I first heard it in Longview. And she actually told me. tehe
*whatserface*
Geek
*whatserface*

Blog
June 23rd, 2009 at 09:01pm
well, i just started liking green day when american idiot came out. (yeah i know)
and i remember being in the kitchen and my mom saying "stephanie, there's your boyfriends". and there's billie joe. performing on live 8. i just stared.
CountMikeulasNextVictim
Post Whore
CountMikeulasNextVictim

Blog
June 24th, 2009 at 01:23am
Woodstock is probably the first thing I remember about them,my parents and I were watching it
paca
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
paca

Mibba
June 24th, 2009 at 02:24pm
Minority on the radio when I was little. My brother and I were very young and we had this crappy blue and black radio that we used to take outside to listen to the top 40 on.
A few years later, I became a big fan Smile
Register