Your earliest Green Day memories!

AuthorMessage
ThisIsGreenDay
Falling In Love With The Board
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
June 24th, 2009 at 11:47pm

I was 11 years old.

I was at my dad's house in the bathroom with my younger sister and I remember hearing "a new song by Green Day" playing on the radio.

It was 'Basket Case' and I remember thinking it sounded kinda eerie. Laughing
oh-so pretty
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
oh-so pretty
June 25th, 2009 at 04:21pm
My dad listened to American Idiot in the car, and I loved Boulevard Of Broken Dreams. :tehe

I was 8. XD
i am amanda
Idiot
i am amanda

Mibba
July 3rd, 2009 at 11:03pm
Whenever my old best friend and I had sleepovers, we would always tell eachother stories about Green Day. It was so much fun, actually.
holiday418
Geek
holiday418
July 7th, 2009 at 11:32am
2004, i was in second grade, and i saw the band for the first time. i heard some of american idiot (album, not song) and i fell in love with them. i was the only 8 year old in my grade that liked music from 1994 lol. all the others liked hilary duff n other stuff lik tht
xXFinkXx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xXFinkXx

Mibba
July 30th, 2009 at 11:41am
I was like 5 and every summer my sister (my best friend) and my brother would go to camp and I was so freaking depressed and EVERYTIME we were on our way to drop them off the song Good Riddance would come on and I'd try and hold back the tears. I didn't know it was them until later on... I use to steal my brothers Dookie CD for like 3 years and he'd always steal it back without saying anything it was kinda funny. I still have it...

Anyways like years later I'm looking at Green Day stuff and I'm like 12 I was on here and my parents got pissed because of the 'bad language' on GSB lol but I did figure out that that song was of Green Days which made me happy cause I've been an unknown fan since I was like 8 living off of Dookie until I was like 12.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
King For A Couple Of Days
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
July 30th, 2009 at 12:03pm
1995- Watching the video for Geek Stink Breath and having no clue what the hell was going on because I had just finished watching Barney and was getting read for Kindergarten. I changed the channel and next thing I knew, some guy was getting his tooth pulled and some guy was mumbling stuff.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
July 31st, 2009 at 06:35pm
Sticking Billie Joe pictures everywhere, wherever possible.
Gloria.
Geek
Gloria.
August 6th, 2009 at 01:26am
my sister was always kinda into them(she's 8 years older than me). i can vaguely remember me and her sitting on our couch and basket case came on. i was like 4 or 5...i know the colours caught my eye. we watched it for a while and i was like, ''he has really wierd teeth'' XD and she was like ''i don't think he cares''. i can't remeber much of that, but it was wierd cause at the time i didn't know who green day was or that it was even them, but then after AI came out and they got really maintream popular, they played the basket case video on much music and that memory flooded back and i remebered it completely... and there was another time when AI came out and i would be like in the car when wake me up when september ends would come on and in that era it was like 'my song' (i didn't think to know it was by green day--i knew but never really thought about it) and i would be like ''oh mom this is my favorite song!! i LOOOVE the part when the drums come in right loud!''( i was almost 10) and then when working class hero came out on the radio i loooved it and when the saints are coming came out i adored it.....but the reson why i just ened up writing half my life story is because it wasn't until i actually started getting into green day that i realized(let alone remebered) all these things and peiced together that they were the same people....so yea my subconcious LOVED them most my life without me knowing it tehe
MarieArt
Idiot
MarieArt

Blog
August 9th, 2009 at 10:56pm
I kind of remember this, but my brother was talking about this a few days back.
I was about 3 or 4 and I was skipping around the house singing 2,000 Light Years Away, well, more of yelling the song. (so this was 14 or 15 years ago haha)
inferno.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
inferno.
August 10th, 2009 at 12:10am
I remember I was cleaning my room watching mtv and then walking contradiction played. All my attention was in the video but not in the music -___-

I was 8 I think..
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
August 10th, 2009 at 10:24am
I remember / sort of got reminded type thing;
I would have been about 3 or 4 when Dookie came out and Basket Case always came on or something, and I used to get the pots and pans and pretend they were drums.
Me and my uncle were on about it a couple of weeks ago Very Happy
tlrsctt
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
tlrsctt
August 11th, 2009 at 01:32am
Hearing Good Riddance on the radio in the car in 2nd grade
The Rev.
The Rev.

Blog
August 18th, 2009 at 10:36am
I remember being at a supermarket, circa: 2001, and they played "Warning", just to find out 4 years later it was Green Day and i fell in lourve!
bjismylove
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
bjismylove
September 5th, 2009 at 05:03pm
Umm I remember when i was 5, and i remember hearing "Good Riddance" somewhere.
Then when i was about 12 i remember watching TV and Green Day was playing Boulevard Of Broken Dreams on tv. I remember seeing billie joe's green eyes on the screen (the photo where it's all black and white but his eyes) and i asked my brother who they were and he was like "Oh, they're green day, they've been around for a really long time"
Daydream-believer
Jackass
Daydream-believer
September 8th, 2009 at 01:29pm
i think i was about 10 and everyone was really into this website at school were its like your profile and you could put music on it and everyone put american idiot on theres.

i had it on mine and i didnt even no it was green day
justnyxie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
justnyxie

Blog
October 26th, 2009 at 07:49pm
The song warning on the Radio in 1999/ 2000 (Can't remember but I was eight ) and I remember asking my Mum who sang that. She told me to wait until the presenter told us and he did.

I then asked Mum did she know them, at which point she said no. Anyway, I went to HMV after that someday and saw the Dookie album and thought ' Hmmm, I liked that song so maybe I'll like this too.' So I bought it with my pocket money and I have been hooked since.
Magenta
Jackass
Magenta
October 30th, 2009 at 07:17pm
Ohhh lord, when I was a little girl my mom liked When I Come Around, it was on one of the radio stations. It was like 2002 or something, and I was maybe in the 4th grade...I got Dookie soon thereafter and fell in love Smile
madddie
Banned
madddie
November 3rd, 2009 at 03:39pm
Growing up with my parents listening to them Smile
Mr.Armstrong
Falling In Love With The Board
Mr.Armstrong
November 8th, 2009 at 12:10am
this summer i saw that commercial for 21st century breakdown it say "Green DAy fans git it" and i was like Ok thats was a pretty awsome song on the backgraund but who the fuck is green day i that it was Green Bay" then i googled them and listened to them and was like OK mom we need to go out and buy American Idiot and now hear i am have all the CDs and a bad case of OCGDD
Last American Girl
Geek
Last American Girl

Blog
November 9th, 2009 at 02:14am
Google-ing "it's not a question but a lesson learned in time" because I heard "Time Of Your Life" on the radio and need to know who sung it.
Register