Why no child is safe from the sinister cult of Emo

AuthorMessage
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
May 2nd, 2009 at 03:02am
^^Touche.

But emo was not inended this way. EMO came in the 80's generation WITH the underground punk era and was nothing like "whiney" or anything like that.

My dad explained it to me a while ago, but I don't pay attention to what he says, so whatever. xD

All I know is that it came out in the 80's and was completely different than what it is today.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
May 3rd, 2009 at 02:53pm
Yeah, but I mean current emo.

I have this whole blog about the difference between "new emo" and "Old emo".

I guess my family tree should've gone like this:

Punk, the pretty daddy of the alternative subcultres, so to speak, had a child. That child became known as:

Goth, the literal angsty teenage child of Punk. Apparently Goth, though it got older, never really grew up. I can say the same about Punk too, though. But Goth, like its awesome daddy Punk, soon gave birth to a child, formally known as:

Emo, the whiny twelve-year-old of Goth.

Basically, emo is a bad, cheap immitation of goth (yes I got that from that song... don't sue me) which is just a branch of punk.

I find it funny that every subculture fits its people. Let me explain: punk is the older subculture, and somehow it's just a bit more mature as all the others. The people truly are punk: mature in their own immature respect. Somehow our immaturity makes us more mature than most people. I guess it's just... we've experienced some shit that made us who we are today, and we can really relate to that on an emotional level. At the same time, however, we're a little carefree and innocent, with a fuck-all attitude, kind of like little kids, sometimes. It's that mix of immaturity and wisdom that makes punk what it is.

Goth is the angsty teenager of punk, and goth is really just angsty teenagers, less mature but still more mature than emo in some respects.

Emo is like the whiny, sucks-to-be-me twelve-year-old child of goth, and that's how emos act. Whiny, sucks-to-be-me twelve-year-olds.

But what some people don't know is that Punk had a twin brother:

Emo. The old Emo was awesomer and more hardcore than "Emo Jr.," But Emo Jr. never listened to its great uncle. It turned into random mindless bullcrap and angered its great uncle. Then its great uncle died and was forgotten, and it's all Emo Jr.'s fault.

I think that is a bit more accurate now. Smile
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
May 4th, 2009 at 08:15am
^ I agree the style seems to have developed, mixed in with 'Scene Kids' to make something raw and unfriendly.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
May 4th, 2009 at 03:26pm
I get really sick of ripoffs like that. It bothers me.
The Rev.
The Rev.

Blog
May 10th, 2009 at 08:59pm
`
The Rev.
The Rev.

Blog
May 10th, 2009 at 08:59pm
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:
Well I don't know what any of you expected from that article.

Alarmist? Biased? Extreme?
This can only be the one and only Daily Mail.

So I wouldn't take it to heart tbh.

The daily mail has probably caused more suicides than the emo cultures.

hahas yea i bet if she would have read this before bocoming "Emo", she would have ekilled herself earlier
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
May 10th, 2009 at 09:02pm
No doubt! Ze Daily Mail eez a fucking piece of sheet. I wouldn't be cruel enough to make ze guard dogs read eet, and I fucking 'ate guard dogs!

At least, that's what I think Ze Mole would say about it. Maybe he'd make God read the Daily Mail, he hates Him enough. Dno
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
May 25th, 2009 at 10:04pm
Parents never want to take any responsibility for the emotional issues of their children. When someone kills themselves it's because of either the media, sexting, or some internet crap.

It's easy to blame music when more often than not, music is what saves kids. When I was suicidal, music is what gave me comfort and strength- that's still the case. Music doesn't cause depression. Music doesn't create hopelessness.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
May 25th, 2009 at 10:52pm
iViva la Andrea!:
Parents never want to take any responsibility for the emotional issues of their children. When someone kills themselves it's because of either the media, sexting, or some internet crap.

It's easy to blame music when more often than not, music is what saves kids. When I was suicidal, music is what gave me comfort and strength- that's still the case. Music doesn't cause depression. Music doesn't create hopelessness.

Yep. My parents are the same. Two things that saved me were music and my friends, which they took away. Then they kept on telling me how much of a worthless bitch I was, and acting like the perfect loving family in front of everyone else so I couldn't prove it, and GOD I FUCKING HATE THEM!!!!!

But I'm ranting. Parents suck, let's leave it at that.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
May 26th, 2009 at 11:25am
iViva la Andrea!:
Parents never want to take any responsibility for the emotional issues of their children.

Not all parents deary, lets not put everyone in one category. Some parents really do care about their children, it's called human nature.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2009 at 03:27pm
Toasty:
iViva la Andrea!:
Parents never want to take any responsibility for the emotional issues of their children.

Not all parents deary, lets not put everyone in one category. Some parents really do care about their children, it's called human nature.

Some do, some don't give a damn, some don't realize they make it worse, some realize it but are afraid to change and/or own up to it, and some are just sadistic.

There's all kinds of people in this fucked up little world of ours.
u r a smeghead
Idiot
u r a smeghead

Blog
May 28th, 2009 at 07:09am
my parents think anything outside my home will kill me. music, friends (GSB mainly, i dont have many RL friends, mainly because i like 'emo'/goth music), school, stuff like that. my friends are the only ones who understand! music is the medicine for the troubled mind. they dont care how happy i am, as long as their happy.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
May 28th, 2009 at 03:44pm
Adam Lambert:
my parents think anything outside my home will kill me. music, friends (GSB mainly, i dont have many RL friends, mainly because i like 'emo'/goth music), school, stuff like that. my friends are the only ones who understand! music is the medicine for the troubled mind. they dont care how happy i am, as long as their happy.

Well, look them straight in the eye and say one of the following French expletives:

Vous êtes une prostituée.
Vous ne faites pas les bébés. Vous manger pour le petit déjeuner.
Pourquoi suis-je parler à un cochon?
Cette situation ressemble à la sodomie.
Crimes sont amusants.
Faire la paix, pas du sang, la saucisse.
La drogue, pas hugs!
Vive la résistance! Vous tomberez aux mains de la révolution!
Quoi qu'il en soit, je fais ce que je veux!
Oubliez-vous.

My parents don't speak a word of French, so these served their purpose rather well for me. Smile

Or you could sit them down and try to calmly explain to them that they suck monkey balls and need to let you have a life.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
June 1st, 2009 at 08:09am
Ze Mole:
Adam Lambert:

Well, look them straight in the eye and say one of the following French expletives:

Crimes sont amusants.
La drogue, pas hugs!
Oubliez-vous.

My parents don't speak a word of French, so these served their purpose rather well for me. Smile

Or you could sit them down and try to calmly explain to them that they suck monkey balls and need to let you have a life.
To save you guys trouble, I Google-Translated those sentences, I thought they were funny lmfao

You are a prostitute.
You do not make babies. You eat for breakfast.
Why am I talking to a pig?
This situation is similar to sodomy.
Crimes are fun.
Make peace, not blood sausage.
Drugs, not hugs!
Vive la resistance! You will fall in the hands of the revolution!
Anyway, I do what I want!
Forget yourself.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
June 1st, 2009 at 11:02am
ocean avenue:
Ze Mole:
Adam Lambert:

Crimes sont amusants.
La drogue, pas hugs!
Oubliez-vous.

To save you guys trouble, I Google-Translated those sentences, I thought they were funny lmfao

You are a prostitute.
You do not make babies. You eat for breakfast.
Why am I talking to a pig?
This situation is similar to sodomy.
Crimes are fun.
Make peace, not blood sausage.
Drugs, not hugs!
Vive la resistance! You will fall in the hands of the revolution!
Anyway, I do what I want!
Forget yourself.

omgno quit with the resistance crap, it stopped being funny like 10 years ago!
Sorry but.....
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
June 1st, 2009 at 11:03am
Adam Lambert:

Well then that's okay Very Happy
Just don't take it to the extremes which is what this whole topic is about basically.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
June 1st, 2009 at 03:38pm
I think all of us get off-topic sometimes... it's natural.
See? That was off topic as well. Smile I prove my point.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 3rd, 2009 at 01:31am
It really annoys me how everyone in this thread is dead-set on the notion that music can't endorse a particular mindset, just because you listen to "emo"/"punk"/"goth" music and take personal offense to the idea. *sigh*
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
June 3rd, 2009 at 06:38am
People believe what they will. You can't change that. I don't try to make people believe things they don't, cuz it's pointless.

But what I think we're about here is that mostly, parents, peers, pressure, school, etc. make people kill themselves, and generally music helps them not to. That's how it was for me, which is why I thank God for Green Day. Sure, there may be some cases in which the music had a helping hand in their death, but it was really all how they interpreted it. Some people, if they think their favorite band wants them dead, would only be too happy to oblige. And, back to beliefs, you can't change that, especially if they were already suicidal to begin with. People don't want to change what they believe because they don't want to admit they're wrong. It's human nature. Some people I know would rather die than say the words "I was wrong."
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
October 22nd, 2009 at 12:56pm
^ The kids who call themselves 'emo' in my lower school have had more sexual partners and smoked more pot than I've had hot meals, I agree with you though about them basically ruining 'normal teenage life' with their lifestyles.
Register