Haha, yes.
"20"
Batman.
Falling In Love With The Board
Batman.
November 27th, 2009 at 09:05am
gaskell.:
ColetteCool:
The guidance counselors at my school think I'm emo.
I'm not. I don't cut. I just wear black a lot and listen to Green Day; it doesn't make any of us emo. I know a boy with purple hair that I happen to like, and he says he's emo, and he wears black vests and ties and bandanas... and the people at our school think we're weird. I hate how people stereotypically think we're weird. And this year, more people are wearing skinny jeans and slim fit tees and neon belts and stuff, and it looks good - on certain people. Random people shouldn't try to be emo.
Anyways... the guidance counselors think that all emo people cut and will end up hanging themselves. Which isn't true.
And Green Day's not emo. D8

You're way too hung up on stereotypes.
Okay I assume that you're a young girl and to an extent it's normal. But in a few years you'll realise nobody gives a shit about 'emo' and who is, and who isn't, and who can be 'emo', and who can't. It matters now because you're trying to give yourself an identity but you'll soon realise you don't even need it. You're a real person, what other people think of you actually doesn't matter, and nor should you think it matters either tbh.

You're right. I didn't even think of it that way. And you weren't even an ass about it! Cool
Aliiiiii.
King For A Couple Of Days
Aliiiiii.
November 27th, 2009 at 10:37am
^^ I know this is horribly off-topic, and I apologise, but you have exceptionally good grammar for a 12-year-old!

And gaskell's right; no one except for a small minority of people really care about what 'label' you are - it's definitely not something worth worrying about, and no one should try and fit themselves to a stereotype.

Just be yourself Mr. Green
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
November 27th, 2009 at 10:51am
I personally fail to see why - in general - it's so important to some people. :/
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
November 27th, 2009 at 12:47pm
Yes, why does it matter?
What purpose does it serve?

Colette, no one was being an ass silly :].
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
November 29th, 2009 at 01:31pm
It must matter to some people because it is practically the basis of their lives.
Batman.
Batman.
November 29th, 2009 at 06:10pm
Alessandra_:
^^ I know this is horribly off-topic, and I apologise, but you have exceptionally good grammar for a 12-year-old!

And gaskell's right; no one except for a small minority of people really care about what 'label' you are - it's definitely not something worth worrying about, and no one should try and fit themselves to a stereotype.

Just be yourself Mr. Green

Thanks 8D I get that a lot.
Yeah... I agree. Meg
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
November 30th, 2009 at 09:02am
Sherlock Holmes:
It must matter to some people because it is practically the basis of their lives.
I dunno. Maybe it's because...they're younger? [/ageism]

I mean, I did care a while back but then...everything changed and paying the bills and trying to get a house and all that when I was sixteen made me grow up.

I have evidence that the whole clicque thing is primarily a teenage thingamajig. Not entirely but primarily.
toybox trash
Jackass
toybox trash
November 30th, 2009 at 12:12pm
it annoys me when people say they're emo, i say get a life and stop labeling yourself. [not meant to offend anyone.]

for example, i was on vampirefreaks the other day and some girl posted something in some cult talking about how all her friends were 'emo' and how she wanted to turn 'emo' so she could be cool too. and she was asking about how to turn 'emo' and how to dress and do her haird. gahh, i think kids these days are just a little stupid. i though the whole 'emo' movement was over until i moved again, but i try not to let it get to me unless i see ignorance like that ^^^
Aliiiiii.
Aliiiiii.
November 30th, 2009 at 03:21pm
The Doctor:
I have evidence that the whole clicque thing is primarily a teenage thingamajig. Not entirely but primarily.

I concur.

As soon as my year group left sixth form, things changed. Girls that I hadn't always got on with started texting/Facebooking and chatting and we arranged to meet up, things like that. It didn't matter what group we were in or what we looked like; we were just all lovely.

My boss called me quirky the other day. What a lovely way to describe someone Mr. Green
Not Alison
Basket Case
Not Alison

Blog
November 30th, 2009 at 04:20pm
I bet this girl broke up with her boyfrann, you know, the one she loved? That has asked her out two weeks before? Yehh, they were so getting married, and were gunna have tons of bebies.

I'm heartless.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
November 30th, 2009 at 11:36pm
Meh, we're all heartless to an extent.

I think the whole stereotype thing is stupid. Now, I'm still a youngun; I'm not an adult, I'm still probably naive, and I make too many stupid mistakes. Point is, maybe my opinion is stupid and maybe it isn't, but truthfully I think that even if it doesn't pass, it will for us.

Meh, I'm horrible at saying things without explaining. Basically, even if this carries on to our children and our children's children, once we're older nobody's really going to give a flying fuck how we dress or what colour our hair is or whatever.
In five, ten, twenty years it won't effing matter, so it's stupid for all of us to be so hung up on it now.

Well, that's my two cents anyway.
Aliiiiii.
Aliiiiii.
December 1st, 2009 at 02:59pm
^^^

You just touched on something that I forgot about.

I currently have purple hair. When I was at sixth form, I very briefly had a little bit of pink hair and got called all sorts of things - 'emoooooooo' - and got a lot of funny looks. Which was stupid to begin with, as I dress in a way that probably wouldn't fit any stereotype at all lmfao

But now that I'm out of school and away from that atmosphere, it's suddenly 'stunning' that I have purple hair. A bit quirky and odd, but 'lovely'. Work love it, my amazingly stylish MD called it 'glamorous'.

Weird, how things change as soon as you're away from school.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
December 4th, 2009 at 06:21pm
I think kid's just try to hard,
Yep.
Aren't that mature....
"Looking for themselfs" though...I don't get....that's just what my mother said xD

It's sad....mymymy.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
December 4th, 2009 at 07:18pm
I wish people would adopt that 'I-don't-give-a-fuck-what-you-say-because-I'm awesomer-than yooouuu~' attitude that I adopted. And it's not "looking for yourself" if you're trying to be someone else. *shakes head*
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
December 7th, 2009 at 05:09pm
^ Exactly.
That's how I see it...
It's not trying to find yourself at all.
You'ree just getting further and further away.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
December 7th, 2009 at 05:47pm
Kids these days (it pains me that I'm one of them, though it's comforting that I'm not of this mindset) need to stop revolving their lives around what other people think of them, because it could end up as the end of them. That whole '98% of teens would die if Abercrombie put out an ad saying it wasn't cool to breathe' thing is (sadly) probably very true. I just wish that people were as interested in intellligence, manners, and honour as they are in labels, sex, and things that are considered 'cool'.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
December 7th, 2009 at 06:59pm
Yes,
Sadly,
I must addmit that not only is my younger sister, age 11. And "individual"
But, my older sister, age 17, is as well.
It's terrible,
I'd like an slap them.
But....what good would that ever do.
:/
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
December 7th, 2009 at 07:27pm
Well, at least we're some of the lucky ones.

I'm perfectly content to curl up with a glass of warm tea and a nice manga... or some fanfics... Instead of being a two-faced asshole who talks about their friends behind their backs and decides to dress in whatever label suits my popularity most. My version of dressing up as something I'm not can be explained in one word: cosplay.

But, like I said, that's 'cos I'm one of the lucky and more individualistic not giving a damn about anyone but me and my friends kind of person. I'm assuming, since you and I share similar ideas on this, that while what you do may not be the same as me, you're at least on the same boat, ne?
Register